Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

First Gig

*FRANK'S POV*

I rolled over and instantly regretted it when I came in contact with cold sheets. I opened one eye to find my room empty besides for myself. Memories of yesterday flooded my mind. I smiled and hauled my ass out of bed. I didn't bother with clothes and stepped out naked. I heard a bubbling sound coming from the kitchen and looked around the door frame. I laughed at myself since Gerard at least had the decency to cover himself with boxers and baggy blue jeans. I was still butt naked and went in search of clothes, settling on just a pair of boxers. I stepped up behind him while he was waiting for the kettle to boil and snaked my arms around him. He turned in my arms and grinned at me. I kissed his cheek and smiled back.

"Morning babe. How are you?" I smiled and played with his hair once he leaned me against the counter.

"Sore, but I regret nothing. It was the best night ever." I chuckled and let one of my hands fall to his ass, giving it a slight squeeze. He jumped and smirked down at me. I kissed and bit his neck. He pulled away and slapped my butt once the kettle had boiled. He poured two coffees and sat at the table, pulling me onto his lap.

"Thanks for letting me stay sugar." He said softly between sips of the hot, dark, rich liquid.

"You know you can stay any time, you don't need permission baby. No need to thank me either." He smiled and shook his head. One hand falling to around my waist and across my legs once we were settled. We sat in a comfortable silence, quitely thinking about the other.
"So what are your days plans?" I finally broke the silence to pull him out of this thoughts.

"Well, I wasn't gonna tell you yet, but I might as well. Today, were going to perform our very own gig! Matty's uncle's pal has a little club or bar thing and is letting us use it...Frankie, wanna come with?" I nodded my head eagerly and finished off my coffee. He smiled and kissed my shoulder before I got up to get dressed. I heard him chuckle as I tried to brush my hair and teeth at the same time. I pulled on a casual but clean and decent shirt and dress jeans. My white trainers been the first thing my hands came in contact with. I laughed when I saw Gerard walk to put him cup in the sink. He really was sore. He was wincing a bit and walking a little funny, but still smiled when he heard me laughing. He was already dressed so we headed out to this place, where ever that may be.

*TIME ELAPSE. GERARD'S POV*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drove us there pretty fast. Both of us eager to get there and see the club. Frankie had brought a video camera. He said he'd wanted to keep this memory forever. Matt and Ray's car were already outside when we got there, so we met them inside. Mikey was sitting with some guy I didn't know, Ray must have brought him. Matty was laughing with the guy who owned this place, his uncle, and Ray just wandered out of the toilets, still zipping up his fly. Matt's uncle brought in a crate of beer since we still had nearly an hour before showtime. We drank, boy did we drink. Mikey was worst, but we ended up getting plastered. Frankie wasn't too happy, but at least he was sober to give me a ride home. We drank our nerves away, until we had no more nerves left to destroy. And finally, showtime!

The small crowd greeted us excitedly and his uncle led us onto this small black stage. Matt settled himself behind the provided drum kit, Ray had brought his electric guitar, and Matt's uncle had loaned Mikey a high quality bass since Mikey's was getting older with everyday.

There were loads of people here. Well, either there was, or I was actually seeing more people than there were here. But it didn't matter, cause they cheered for us non the less.

Frankie set the camera up and pressed record just as I started to sing the first line to Skylines And Turnstiles. My legs were shaking since I was so drunk, so I struggled to stay standing, but got my balance and put on a little show. The first songs went quite well, the crowd cheered, clapped and screamed occasionally.

Once we were through with the hows, the guy who was in charge of the effects and shit like that took out this shiny CD from a recorder thingy and went into a back room, leaving the five of us to sit and wait nervously backstage while all the people piled out of the place. Matt's uncle handed us all about a gallon of water to sober us up a bit. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom as I felt my breakfast coming back up. I made it in time and emptied the contents in my stomach. Frankie followed me in and knelt beside me, rubbing my back soothingly.

"Let it all out Gee. Told you not to drink." I smiled and wiped my mouth, dipping my head under a faucet, gurgling the water, and spitting it back out before flushing the toilet. Frankie passed me a breath mint and let me chew it before kissing my lips and pulling away with a smile. I thanked him and kissed his forehead before going back to the guys. The guy who had dissappeared with that CD was sitting outside.

"Ah Gerard. I was just saying, the music is good, in fact, it's great, but the sound isn't fully filled out. I think you need a rhythm guitar or something." I nodded and agreed with him before he let us go. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, we had just done our first gig as a band, now we just needed a name.
♠ ♠ ♠
A suckie chapter, but it was a filler to the next chapter. Comments?