Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Walking Dead

"Thank you L.A! You've been fucking great. Wow, our first fucking show out here!" Gerard grinned at the crowd, they screamed while we gathered our equipment and got off the stage for next group on. As soon as we were out of sight, I saw Gerard's smile disappear. I kept myself to myself, not wanting to interfere. It wasn't my place anymore. I slung my guitar on a couch and fell with it, feeling the sweat running down the back of my neck and my shirt clinging to my back. We didn't smell great either. I shrugged and pulled my shirt off, holding it under the faucet and rinsing it out. Mikey took it from me and draped it over the heater. Gerard got caught staring but looked away quickly.

"Gerard, here, make sure she's okay." I tossed my phone and turned away so he couldn't toss it back. I couldn't stand seeing him so sad and miserable. Matt pulled out five bottles of larger and passed them round. The alcoholic drink set off a little buzz in my brain and I was soon laughing and talking with the others. Gerard came back in looking slightly happier and joined in on our festivities. I looked at him with slightly raised eyebrows.

"She wants us to go see her next week, while were back in Jersey. We have to, she's moved into an apartment with Jake, she's always alone with him, we have to call in on the Saturday." I nodded and took another swig from my third bottle.

*TIME ELAPSE (GERARD'S P.O.V)*

The van thundered down the highway, throwing us around. Frankie threw up again in the front seat. I cringed and tried to ignore the over powering smell that had occupied this van all week. We were living like animals. We'd been wearing the same outfits all week. We were still wearing them on stage so they were full of dried sweat. The whole place was terrible. We were a state. Living in our own pee, sweat and shit filled outfits. Vomit stained the seats from recent hangovers and traveling sickness. Matt seemed to be the only one who could bare this. As the Van thundered into Jersey, I felt nervous about the state Rachael would be when we got there. We pulled up outside her building and fought to be the first into fresh air. We should have showered first. Ray and Matt drove home for a while, since Rachael only knew me Frank and Mikey. I pressed the buzzer for her room and waited.

"Hello? Her voice was croaky and hoarse.

"It's us Rachael. Me, Frank and Mikey. You alright?"

"Yeah fine. Okay come right up. He's out. I sighed form relief and pulled open the door. She was on the first floor so we were there in minute or so. My eyes widened from shock when she opened the door. She was black and blue! Her ribs were visible through her shirt, her jeans hung off her waist like a sack around a stick. Her hair had lost it's once beautiful shine and looked dead and wispy. She was aged before her time. Her blue eyes were dull and faded. She was pale and shaky, leaning against the wall for support. She almost didn't have the strength to smile. I wrapped my arms around her and carried her into her lounge, setting her on the couch.

"Rachael. Who the hell are you? You've been damaged beyond repair girl." She nodded and let a tear roll down her cheek. Her bony fingers made a feeble attempt to grasp my shirt and pull me closer.

"Help me." She whispered and I held her tight. She wasn't going to tell someone. Never. She was too scared. I would have to go to the cops as soon as we left here. I was glad in a way that Jake wasn't here, because I would have killed the little shit for doing this to her.

She slowly sat up and forced herself to her feet. I held her elbows to support her a little. She leaned forward and kissed me, tears running down her face. I didn't hesitate to kiss her back. I began to taste the salt but didn't care one bit. She pulled away and whispered in my ear.

"I love you." She looked at me with big eyes and tears running down her cheeks. No lies needed to answer her.

"I love you too." She smiled weakly and went into the bathroom. I collapsed onto the couch, wiping my eyes to hide the tears. Frank kept his gaze out of the window. Mikey watched me silently. I sighed just to break the silence a little. Nobody was talking, the house was silent, the air was thick and tense. I closed my eyes tightly and pictured Rachael when I first got to know her. The girl I drew for art class. The vision of glowing beauty. The girl I had always held a crush for, and now, here she was. Nothing but bone. Even through her tight shirt, you could count every rib, even see the disks of her spine.

Then, without warning. BANG!
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been neglecting my storied a little haven't I? I'm sorry. I promise to update a lot more often.