Status: Complete. <3

Iron Man's Daughter

Bonding of the Smart People

After Paris, Tony began to disappear for hours on end, coming up only once or twice a day. Tess was still living with Pepper, where she felt more comfortable. However, even though she didn't want to admit it, she was beginning to enjoy Tony--what she saw of him anyway. Pepper would ask him what he was up to, but he'd just shrug and say something like: "Just some little experiment" or "Its nothing". Tess could see right through that lie.

She carefully walked down the steps to Tony's shop, hoping to sneak a peak at what he was doing. She looked through the glass doors to see his back to her. He had random gadgets strapped to his arms and back, but that was all she could see.

“Dummy, look alive. You're on standby for fire saftey,” Tony said, speaking to one of his robots. Tess's eyes widened. What was he doing that involved fire? “You, “ he said, gesturing to another machine, “roll it. Okay. Activate hand controls.” He moved his body around in some weird action that made Tess smile and she could see the controls gripped in his hand. “We're gonna start off nice and easy. We're gonna see if ten percent thrust capacity achieves lift.”

Tess slowly opened the door as he talked, her curiously taking over. “And three...two...one...” Tony's body suddenly went hurtling backwards until he hit the ceiling with a horrible thud. Tess let out a scream as he hit the floor and the fire extinguishing robot went off all over him.

“Oh my God! Tony, are you okay?” Tess asked, leaning next to him.

“Ow...” he groaned, face down on the cement.

“I'll go get Pepper.”

“No!” Tony exclaimed. He tried to get up quickly, then winced and lowered himself down again. “No, don't go get her. She'll just freak out and we don't want that.”

Tess looked towards the door, then down at him quizzically. “Is there something I can do?”

“Help?” He looked up at her pleadingly.

Tess grabbed his arm and with her help, he was able to get himself up on the stool beside one of the tables. Grimacing, Tony adjusted himself and began to remove all the wires and devices on his body.

“What are you even doing?” Tess demanded, grabbing a bag of ice from the freezer and handing it to him.

Tony pressed it to his head and gave a content sigh. Then, he looked seriously at Tess. “I can trust you, can't I?” Tess nodded, her face very intent. Tony sighed again and continued. “I'm building a weaponerized armor. For me. Not the military,” he added quickly, seeing her expression.

“What are you going to do with it?” his daughter asked incredulously.

“Help the world where the military won't. Stop as much of what's happening as I can. I saw some bad things when I was over in Afghanistan and I feel like I should be doing something about it. Most of it is my fault anyways.”

Tess looked at him, startled. Was this the same Tony Stark she knew, who just suddenly admitted something wrong. Was this him that was trying to take responsibility for something he'd done? That was hard to believe.

“So...not a word of this to Pepper, Rhodey, or Obi. Got it? This is just our little secret for now...okay?” He made her look him in the eyes and she nodded. “Good. Now I have to figure out how to not do...what I just did, again.”

Tony laughed and Tess had a hard time not joining him. Her head cocked to the side in thought. “What if you can up with some sort of flight stabilizer thing?” she suggested.

Tony stared at her. “A...flight stabalizer?” He suddenly jumped up. “That's brilliant! I need a design and–wait. How'd you know what a flight stablizer was?”

Tess shrugged. “I read a lot of mechanical and technological stuff.”

“I know you're going to hate me for saying this, “Tony said, “but I'm starting to believe you're my daughter.”

Tess shrugged and smiled. Tony went to his computer and began typing, but then turned around. “How would you like to help me design the rest of this?”

Tess blinked. “I–I couldn't. I'm not that smart. Besides–”

“You are smart, Tess. And this will definately help you in becoming a doctor.” He began to turn back around, but stopped and turned again. “I don't know how, but it will. So c'mere!”

Tess cautiously went over to him and he pulled over a stool for her. Five hours later, Pepper came down and found them with their heads together, bent over some secret project. Smiling to herself, she left without saying a word.

~

Tess and Tony were working hours together in the shop, working over new parts of the flight stabalizer. Tess had began to learn how to work all the super cool technology that was in her father's possession and was becoming a big help. With an extra set of eyes, and an unique mind like Tess's, Tony's project was coming on a lot faster than expected. She saw things that would have took him a lot longer to find. She'd put together a new plan for the design and he'd look it over to see if it was functional. Nintey-eight percent of the time, she was correct. Pepper was kept in the dark, constantly wondering what they were up to. She didn't complain. It was good that they could finally take interest in each other.

Moving a pointer along the space over the hologram projector, Tess moved the translucent pieces over to the new design and added them. Tony scratched his chin as he watched, keeping a close eye on how she built it, how she worked. She was incredibly patient and determined. The kid also had to have one of the smartest brains he'd ever known. Honestly, the only other brain he could think of that was that smart in technology was his own.

With a click of the pointer, the design fused together into its actual shape. Tony raised his eyebrows at her and stepped up to it, placing his arm through the formation. It latched on to his arm and he moved it about.

He looked at his daughter. “Perfect.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Bonding! Hope you all liked it. I found this chapter rather enjoyable to write.

New story I'm cowriting with my bud StupidChariotsOnFire. Here it is!!! The Darkness Holding Me Tightly. Its insane and crazy and it involves my men, Linkin Park! And dragons! Just check it out, kay? Pretty please? :D

Special thanks to:
Music-for-life
IknowMyABCs
wolfprincess1995
The Pumpkin Princess
amazingirl147
Emilise284

Comments? Subscriptions Love?