Status: Complete. <3

Iron Man's Daughter

Be Patient

"Tess, call Tony," Pepper said shakily, handing Tess her cell phone as they--and several agents--walked toward the cars. "Tell him what's going on with Obadiah."

Tess nodded and called Tony's number. After two rings, it sounded like someone picked up. But no one spoke.

"Tony?" Tess asked. "Are you there, Tony?" But there was nothing. Tess turned to Pepper. "Something's wrong."

Pepper's eyes widened fearfully. "What?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to make sure Obadiah didn't get to him."

"Not by yourself, you're not," Pepper said. "Let me call Rhodey." And she dialed his number.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Rhodey, I need you to come--" Pepper turned back to Tess, but she was gone, already almost to the end of the parking garage. "Tess!"

Tess kept running, ignoring Pepper's calls as she turned the corner and ran down the ramp.

"What's wrong?" Rhodey asked.

Pepper sighed defeated. "Everything. Look, Obadiah ordered the hit on Tony."

|:|

Tony crawled across the floor, his skin sickly pale as he gasped for air. Obadiah had taken the ARC reactor from him, leaving Tony to go into cardiac arrest alone. He pulled himself forward with the tire of one of his cars, pushing aside a creeper as he made the slow way forward. He could see the present he'd been given from Pepper. His old reactor that had "Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart" engraved around the edge. He had to reach it before his body gave out.

He reached up for it. It barely brushed his fingertips before it slid back farther on the table, out of his reach. Tony tried one more vain attempt before his body surrendered and he collapsed against the tool box. He was going to die here. Alone. It was over for him. He quickly thought of Tess. She was going to lose both her parents. He hadn't even gotten to know her that well. If he knew this had been coming...maybe he would have tried harder to be a better father...

Suddenly, the glass case holding the reactor was shoved in front of his face. He stared at it for several uncertain moments before looking at the hand beholding it. Then the arm. Then the face. Tess was looking down at him, her face panic-stricken.

"Tony?" she asked. "Tony...take the damn thing already!"

Tony couldn't help the smile (which looked more like a grimace) that came to his face. He took the case from her.

"Be patient," he rasped and slammed the case on the ground. He fumbled around with the reactor until Tess took it from him and practically slammed it into his chest.

"Yow!" Tony shouted, jerking upright as his heart started again. Taking a deep breath and looking at his daughter, he said, "Where's Pepper?"

Tess grabbed his arm and helped him up. "She's fine. She's with five agents. They're about to arrest Obadiah."

Tony looked at her, worried. "That's not going to be enough. Help me to the suit."

Tess got him situated up onto the platform right as Rhodey barreled down the stairs yelling, "Tony!"

He stopped dead, staring as the suit began to engulf Tony's body. He slowly walked farther into the room to stand, his mouth gaping

"That's the coolest thing I've ever seen," he said in amazement.

"Not bad, huh?" Tony said, stepping off the platform. "Let's do it." He blew one of his wrecked cars out of the way.

"You need me to do anything else?" Rhodey asked.

"You didn't do anything to start with..." Tess muttered. Rhodey glared at her.

"Tess...be nice," Tony chided, before the face plate slid over his face. "Keep the skies clear." His boots fired and he rose into the air. Then he flew through the ceiling. Dust and debris fell through the gaping hole.

"Damn!" Rhodey breathed in awe and then spotted another suit, the silver prototype that Tony and Tess had been working on. He looked at it longingly.

"Don't even think about it," Tess said shortly. "I'm hitching a ride with you."

Rhodey looked one more time at the suit. "Next time, baby." Tess rolled her eyes and climbed into one of Tony's cars.

Rhodey followed and they tore off, tires screeching. Tess put the Bluetooth in her ear and dialed Tony's number.
♠ ♠ ♠
10 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Sorry, I haven't updated! Only two more chapters after this though! And the next one's been written because this was supposed to be one huge chapter! So...next one is coming asap!

Think I should write a sequel?

Special Thanks to:
wolfprincess1995
JustThinking
Emilise284
punkrocker545

Comments? Subscriptions? Love?