Status: Complete. <3

Iron Man's Daughter

I Am Iron Man

Tess watched Rhodey as he made his speech, explaining why part of Stark Industries had exploded. It was all political crap that she didn't really care about, but she didn't want to disturb Pepper and Tony if they were making out or something.

Tony had recovered quickly and Tess was beyond the word relieved.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing standing out here?"

Tess whirled around and she squealed. "Aunt Leah!"

Still clad in her army uniform, Leah practically ran to her niece for a hug. "Its so good to see you!" she exclaimed.

"I thought you didn't get leave for another four months," Tess said after she'd pulled away.

"Tony called me home early. He apparently has strings he can pull for that."

"Why'd he call you home?" Tess's smile faltered slightly. Did he want her gone already? She thought he'd actually begun to like her...

"Dunno." Leah shrugged. "But at least I'm home!"

Tess returned her smile a little reluctantly. "Yeah!"

"Tess..."

Tess and Leah turned to see Tony standing there, throwing a glance at Leah a little uneasily. "Can I talk to you...Alone?"

"Nice to see you too, Mr. Stark."

"Glad to see you home, Lieutenant," Tony answered and Leah was slightly taken aback by his sincere tone.

Tess fell in alongside him and they stood at the back of the room. "What is it?" she asked.

"I need your help."

"With..."

Tony showed her the note cards in his hand. "This is my alibi. I tell people I was on a yacht and had nothing to do with the other night."

"So you lie?"

"Yep."

"Don't do it."

"Don't do what?"

"Lie. Tell them the truth."

"Its not that easy..."

"You like being Iron Man."

"You like that name too?"

Tess shrugged. "It suits it well."

"Okay...And...I want to tell them about you." Tess's eyes widened. "But only if you want me to," Tony added quickly. "Its up to you."

Tess sighed. "Why?"

"Because I feel like I'm treating you like a mistake if I don't tell them. You're not a mistake, Tess. You're my daughter."

For the first time in a long time, tears pricked her eyes and she looked down at their shoes. "Its up to you."

|

"And now, Mr. Stark has prepared a statement," Rhodey announced. "He will not be taking any questions. Thank you."

Tony stepped up to the podium. "Been a while since I was in front of you. I figure I'll stick to the cards this time." The crowd chuckled. "There's been so speculation that I was involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop..."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark," Tess saw the lady she'd met the day she'd first showed up at Tony's, "but do you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appeared, despite the fact that you..."

"I know that its confusing. It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations or insinuate that I'm a superhero."

"I never said you were a superhero," the woman said smugly.

"Didn't? Well...good, because that would be outlandish and...fantastic."

"I'm just not the hero type. Clearly. With this laundry list of character defects, all the mistakes I've made...largely public."

Rhodey leaned over to him. "Just still to the cards, man,"he whispered in Tony's ear.

"First off," Tony said, ignoring him. "I want to announce something that I should have taken responsibility for a long time ago." He looked to the back of the room where Tess stood. He smiled. "I have a daughter."

The press immediately began murmuring and some raised their hands, but Tony ignored them.

"I'd like, if she would like...I'd like her to come up here with me."

Slowly, Tess made her way along the edge of the crowd and several heads turned to look at her. Silence landed heavily in the room except for the snapping of the cameras. Tony held out his hand and Tess took it, stepping up beside him on the podium.

"This is my daughter, Tess Koscher. She's been away for a while and we're hoping to build a strong relationship."

Tess smiled up at him. Rhodey stared at them. So did everyone else, including Pepper who was watching over the TV screen.

"I have one more announcement," Tony said and picked up the note card. "The truth is..." He hesitated, biting at his lip. He looked over at Tess and lowered card. She looked at him proudly. He looked back at the crowd.

"I am Iron Man."
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG! Its over!!! D:D Sequel coming soon! I just want to thank everyone who helped this story reach 10 stars so quickly!! :D

Here's a song to send you on your way!


Some other stories you can try out by me!
Supernatural story: God's Gonna Cut You Down

Enrique Iglesias story Tonight I'm Loving You

Special Thanks to:
XDarkXAngelXVivian
EmiStone
JustThinking
Auluna
wolfprincess1995
clingyann
Emilise284

And everyone else who commented!! Love you all!! <3 <3 <3