Status: Starting Out,Updates are most likely constant.

She Is Love

You put your arm around me for the first time

Harry felt as though he was dancing on air as he made his way down to breakfast the next morning, Lola liked him, this beautiful, brilliant, amazing girl liked him out of all the other blokes in the school. He just couldn’t believe it, and wasn't going to waste any more time, they had their date today and he was determined that nothing would screw this up for him. It had taken him close to three months to work up the courage to ask her out in the first place, and wasn’t letting a bad date stand in his way.

There was a bounce in his step and he was certain that his face might just split in half due to the massive grin on his face, maybe that’s why first years had been looking oddly at him as they scurried past him. Harry may as well have been oblivious to all of it, though, as he entered the great hall. This was the happiest he could ever remember being, and out of all the great memories he had at Hogwarts, hearing Lola say that she liked him back had to be the greatest, he was absolutely sure of it.

The two had arranged to meet up at breakfast, seeing as they usually ate the meal together anyway, and this occasion was not really that much different from every other time that they had eaten together but at the same time, it was vastly so. Everything was different now, everything was new to them, they were no longer ‘Harry and Lola- the good mates’ they were now ‘Harry and Lola – the almost but not quite couple’ and neither of them were quite sure how to deal with this progression gracefully without the inevitable awkwardness which was bound to occur.

Harry felt his heart stop in his chest as his eyes fell on the Hufflepuff beauty which was seated between the Weasley twins at the Gryffindor table. Her long hair was pulled into a loose side braid with a matching blue beanie and scarf accompanying the Christmas themed stockings that she had on under her striped dress. Her cheeks were bright red as she endured what was sure to be some form of loving teasing from the twins, all of Harry’s friends absolutely adored Lola and vice versa, she was perfect.

Their eyes connected as Harry came closer to the group and she flashed him a small smile, gaining the attention of Hermione. The bushy haired witch looked between her two friends a dozen times before her mouth dropped so far open that you could’ve fit a bludger inside it, she began frantically mouthing at Lola who, in turn, concentrated on her cup of tea and ignored her excited friend. At this point, nearly everyone had began to pay attention to the amusing and exaggerated antics of the young witch, watching her with baited breath and eager curiosity, waiting for action.

Harry sat down in the seat next to Lola and carefully reached over to her underneath the table, lacing their hands together softly and giving her a reassuring smile. The young Hufflepuff smiled shyly back at him while burning scarlet, much to the amusement of those around them who assumed it was nothing out of the ordinary and returned to their usual conversations, oblivious to the hand action going on beneath the long wooden table. Hermione wasn’t giving up though, she kept trying to catch Lola’s eye so as to elicit an in depth explanation from the timid young girl.

At the end of breakfast, Lola slowly unlaced her hand from that of the young wizard beside her, and looked at him expectantly. As the male, it was his job to make it clear that the two of them would be unavailable on this snowy, wet day. Neither of the two was particularly looking forward to the endless onslaught of mockery which was sure to be coming their way in the following days, all from their friends, of course. No one would take greater joy in exploiting this development for its entertainment purposes, than The Weasley clan and Hermione Granger.

“Are you ready to go?” Harry asked her quietly, in a vain hope that they would be able to escape without drawing the attention of their friends. It was a long shot and he knew that, as did Lola, because as daft as the bunch could be, they were incredibly in tune to the pair’s behaviour around each other, almost frighteningly so. Lola nodded silently at him, taking his outstretched hand as they rejoined again, her cheeks burning a shade which would have challenged the famous Weasley blush which matched their flaming red hair. All eyes were suddenly focused on them.

“Where are you two lovebirds off to?” Fred teased, grinning in amusement at the dark blush that covered the cheeks of the two teenagers, Harry and Lola looked at each other before watching the light bulb turn on in Fred’s head. “BLOODY HELL! YOU TWO ARE GOING ON A DATE?!” he shouted loudly, attracting the attention of the whole hall, it was so quite that you could’ve heard a pin drop. Every person in the great hall was entirely focused on Harry and Lola, including the Hufflepuff’s who Lola had once regarded as her friends, before all this had happened.

“Thanks a bunch, Fred” Lola muttered darkly as she shot a glare at the exuberant redhead who had quickly become one of her best friends within the Gryffindor house, as much as she loved the daft boy, he did not even know the meaning of the word subtle. Actually, the only Weasley who had actually grasped this foreign concept was Ginny and come to think of it, Lola hadn’t seen her all morning. She didn’t miss the gigantic grin on Hermione’s face when she finally confirmed, “Yes, we’re going on a date, you tactless twat” she admitted and the hall broke out in thunderous applause.

Lola had accepted that, as long as she was involved with the boy whose hand she was gripping so tightly, she was going to be constantly blushing, it was almost as if Harry had a life goal to make her blush as much as possible. Turning around slightly, Harry tugged on her hand lightly and led her out of the great hall, much to the shock, awe and relief of many other people in the hall. However, over at the Hufflepuff table, there was a girl watching with a murderous glare in the direction of a girl she had once belittled.

“I cannot believe the utter nerve of her! Honestly! Who the hell does she think she is?! He’s the boy who lived for god’s sake, and who is she? The daughter of a dressmaker and a lowly nurse, she isn’t pretty, or smart, or charming, or talented or even interesting in the slightest! That should be me, our grandparents were best friends!” Beatrice seethed as she watched the two holding hands, Lola laughing at something Harry murmured in her ear.

“Bee, let it go, obviously he thinks she is and there’s nothing you can do about it, just let them be” Sarirah mumbled as she chewed on a piece of marmalade covered toast thoughtfully, Beatrice had been bitching and grumbling about Lola and Harry for the past few weeks, it was getting to the point of ridiculous. She personally tipped her hat off to the shy girl for breaking away from the hateful and vindictive girl beside her, you would have to be blind to not see the clear and blatant affection that she and Harry shared for each other and Beatrice was just going to have to accept that. Sarirah wouldn’t let her destroy a relationship, not this time.

[&&&]

Lola let out a giggle as she walked through the snow towards Hogsmeade with Harry, her hand still laced with his own firmly as she swung their hands back and forth between them while listening to a story about the time Harry’s cousin had been given a pig tail by the grounds keeper, Hagrid, who Harry assured her would never usually do such a thing but the circumstances called for it. She bit on her lip gently as she looked up at him through her lashes carefully; his cheeks were red from the onslaught of fierce wind before them.

“So where to first, it’s your choice, love” he murmured, squeezing her hand lightly as they made their way closer to town and Harry crossed his fingers behind his back that she didn’t want to go into Madam Puddifoots. He had never been in there for himself, only heard the horror stories from the older boys in his dormitory, but he knew that if Lola turned to him and said she wanted to go in, then he would do it in a heartbeat. He wouldn’t be able to refuse her and that scared him a little, but mostly he was just enjoying the fact that he was able to hold her hand in public and let everyone know that she was with him.

“I don’t know, I’ve never been to Hogsmeade before ... Oooh! Can we go to Honey dukes? I’ve always wanted to go in there!” she exclaimed, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she held his hand eagerly. Harry didn’t think he’d ever seen anything quite as adorable, her bright eyes were wide with excitement and she had the cutest little grin spread across her face. He chuckled at her and led them to Honey dukes gladly; Lola really wasn’t like anyone else in the world.

Watching Lola when she first stepped into Honey Dukes was quite literally like watching a kid in a candy store, her bright eyes were wide with wonder and she had the cutest little grin spread across her lips, so much so that it lit up her whole entire face. He knew he was falling faster with every moment he spent with her, but he didn’t care, she was like a breath of fresh air and he needed that in his life, now more than ever. He wished that he could introduce her to Sirius but she would be terrified, after all, he was still regarded as a notorious criminal and mad man. He didn’t want to scare her off, but he trusted her more than he had ever trusted anyone in his whole life.

“Don’t forget to breathe, love” he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, she was looking at the fizzing wizzbee’s with wide eyes. Harry moved her long hair to the other side of her neck and rested his chin on her shoulder affectionately, a jolt of electricity surging through his body as she leaned back against his chest and let her own laugh bubble past her chapped lips.

“Are you making fun of me, Potter? If so, I shall be most offended” she turned her head slightly and Harry realised how close their faces actually were, and reinforced his compelling desire to lean in and kiss her. His eyes moved to her lips, wondering how they would feel against his own, surely they would be softer than a baby’s behind. She bit down on her rosy lips and moved her head forward ever so slightly, he too moved forward, anxious to feel her lips against his, but they never met, they were rudely interrupted.

“Well Well, what’s this we have here? If it isn’t the love birds!” A frustratingly familiar voice chimed in and Harry inwardly groaned, leave it to a Weasley to interrupt at the worst possible moment. They stepped away from each other and turned to face their friends, all of whom had successful smirks on their face and they just knew that this had been planned. You’ve got to love friends, don’t you?