Status: Active.

A Diamond in the Glitter

Nine.

I wiped an old Forks Little League Football t-shirt over my body, absorbing all the cool water droplets. I wrung my hair out and tossled it into a messy bun before hopping into Embry's black Jeep Wrangler. Amberly, by default, got the front seat. I made myself comportable in the back seat on Jacob's lap. Staring into my eyes, he pushed aside my bangs that had fallen into my eyes, and slowly placed a kiss on my lips.

In such a short time, I had become so shickingly atached to this crazy, Indian boy. What the future could hold for us was intoxicating to think about. I was getting so ahead of myself in my own brain. In these moments, when perfection is on the brink, is when doors get slammed. Suddenly, a familiar tune began playing from my pocket. Pulling out my phone, the caller ID displayed a name I wasn't expecting. One text was all it took.

"Amberly. Home. NOW," I sternly instructed her. Amberly pouted
dramatically, but I expected that. "Fine, just drop me off then," I resolved. Jacob was obviously puzzled, but knew not to inquire. I wasn't worried about him. His quizzical look was pushed aside by the thunderous beat of my heart. I couldn't enjoy the music Amberly was singing along with, care-freely. Embry off-roaded for a bit before our dwelling fell into view. But that wasn't the only thing. A new lipstick red Mustang was parked in front of my house.

"SHIT!" Amberly spat. Embry hit Jacob on the shoulder and made a what the fuck face. I was first to hop off Jacob's lap and out of the car. Burying my hands in my hair, I groaned. Disaster was impending. Jacob followed, still shirtless, and brought a hand to my waist.

"Ava, what is going on?" He sweetly tried to pry, but I didn't know what to say. Amberly slammed the Jeep door and ran to my side. She pulled the phone out of my hand to see the small text.

"Do you want me to go in first?" Amberly asked, always ready to defend me. Shortly after she has asked, the question didn't need to be answered. Who was going to meet our visitor first was no longer a question, because he was stepping out of the house.