Contagious Chemisrty

Chapter 7

I felt a tap on my shoulder, which woke me up. "Yeah?" "I'm sorry ma'am.. it's time to get off the plane. I'm surprised the landing didn't wake you, it usually wakes everyone." She giggled. "Oh..Sorry." "Oh, it's fine. Don't be sorry." She reached up to help me with my bags, we were the only two left on the plane. "I'm guessing you fly alot?" "Nope, this is only my second time why?" "I just assumed that was why you were able to sleep through everything." She handed me my bag as we started to make our way off the plane. She put her hand out as for me to shake it. "I'm Anna." She smiled. "Jade" I smiled back shaking her hand lightly. "So, are you here for business or pleasure?" I looked at her kind of confused why she was still walking with me as I made my way to the bag claim. "Neither, I'm moving out here." "Oh! You'll love it here. It's such a beautiful city. I live here too." She smiled. "That was my last flight for the month." We walked to the baggage area and picked up our bags. She invinted me to come to a party with her which I quickly agreed to. I didn't have any better plans for the night and this would help me make friends.
"I'll see you at 8!" She exclaimed. I smiled and walked over to my cab. We arrived promptly to my hotel, not far from the beach. I quickly got settled in my room and put my bathingsuit and some shorts on. I made my way downstairs and to the shore. I had a mix of emotions as I looked up and down the new city I could now call home. Loneliness, scared, excited, happy, sad, all at once..Over powering me. I decided to push aside the other emotions and just feel happy. I mean that was my whole reason for being here. My stomach growled. I hadn't eated since the peanuts on the plane so I went to a cafe not to far away. I sat at the counter with all the other loners. "Water please." I told the waiter as I turned to see a shirtless, handsome man walk into the cafe. He came and sat next to me, the only empty stool at the counter. I blushed, but hid it so he couldn't see.
I fiddled with my fingers as I waited for my burger to come and occasionally took a sip of my water. "Tourist?" The man next to me questioned. I turned to him. "No, well yes. Kinda?" He laughed. "I just moved here, but I don't really have a place yet. I'm staying at the Hilton down the way." "Nice place." He said calmly as I was franticaly looking for words. He motioned to the waiter. "Can I get a beer?" I looked at him. Ofcourse he was way older than me, what was I thinking. I thought to myself. "You wanna beer?" I shook my head and returned to my water. "I'm 18." He leaned in. "I'm 19, but they never card me." I looked up at him. "Oh." That was all my mouth could muster up to say. He laughed. "So, what brought you out here to sunny California?" "I dunno, I was tired of the small town I lived in." "Cool, cool. You'll like it here then." "I hope so." The waiter brought over his beer and my food. The man placed a $10 on the counter and pulled out a piece of paper and wrote something. "It was nice meeting you, I'm Adam by the way." He said placing the paper in front of me. "Jade" I said as he got up. "Call me sometime."
This town was so weird. I had already been invited to a party and got a number for no apparent reason. I mean I wasn't even flirting. I could tell I WAS going to like it here. The complete opposite of what I'm used to, and it ws perfect. I ate my food and made my way back to the beach. I walked along the water line back to where my hotel was and excitedly went to my room to get ready for the party in a couple of hours. I wasn't sure what to wear or how to look. I settled for a floral, thin strapped, dress with pink sandals to match it. I curled my hair and put on nuetral makeup. I went to the front desk and asked for a cab. I waited nearly ten minutes before it showed up. I made my way to the address Anna gave me. I never thought that I would be so nervous for a stupid party.
I walked into the crowded house and searched for my new friend. I found her in the kitchen pouring a drink. She ran up to me as soon as she saw me. "Oh my god! I didn't think you were gonna show up! You seemed a little iffy about it whne we talked. " I laughed. "Sorry.. I'm glad you invited me though. I haven't been to a party in forever." "You drink?" She said offering me the cup in her hand. "Sure" I took the drink and began to drink it. I think it was a vodka mix but I'm not sure. All I knew was that it tasted good, so I drank more. I had only had two drinks and I felt fine. I went to look for Anna and found her on the "dance floor"(Everyone was just dancing to the music in what I believe was the living room). "Just the person I was looking for!" She smiled and stepped away from the guy she was dancing with. I laughed. "Come with me." I followed her upstairs and into a dimmed room...
♠ ♠ ♠
Note: I do not want people to think I promote underage drinking. I is just for the story. Anyways, what do you think is in the room? :) Comment & Subscribe. Sorry it's kind of short. Mostly just a filler but it holds important info for the following chapters.