Status: I write it when I want to.

Sometimes you hurt yourself.

1

She couldn’t help feeling utterly out of place. She sighed pushed her too-short fringe out of her eyes, looking around at the writhing bodies in front of her. The club music made the floor throb and ultra violet lights made her hair shine with a purple tint.

“Come on, come dance, Eden!” She glanced at Kera, sandwiched in between two stranger boys, motioning urgently for Eden to join. She shook her head and a look of hopelessness washed over Kera’s face for a tiny second, before Eden let herself be pushed along by the pulsating crowd.

Truth was, Eden Harper wasn’t much of a dancer. She preferred things like some hard liquor and a few pills at home with best friends to getting down and dirty with strangers she’d never see again. Her best friend, Kera Wright, however, was totally fine with boys running their hands down her. It made Eden smile, Kera was someone she’d always wanted to take inspiration from, she had always wanted to be a little bit more like Kera. Recently, though, Eden had seen Kera in a different light, her braveness replaced with a certain promiscuity which made the not too innocent Eden feel like the Virgin Mary compared to Kera.

Eden pushed her way through the crowd, trying to find the exit. She gently pushed girls out of the way and elbowed several boys, not caring too much if she was inflicting damage but caring enough that she didn't want to start a fight.

“Edie?” A familiar voice yelled, faintly over the too-loud music. Eden spun around, looking for the source of the voice.
Only one person called her Edie, Luca Mitchell, her guy best friend and the boy she was very secretly in love with. And as she turned, there he was, his arms open wide to her. Eden flung her arms around his waist and pulled herself up to his ear.
“Can we please get out of here?”
“Oh, um, yeah, just a second. Who’re you here with?” Luca said, a little confused.
“Kera, but she’s dancing. Luca… please? Can we just go? I’m having a shit time.”
“Yeah, babes, just let me say goodbye, okay?” Luca’s arm was disentangled from around Eden’s waist as he moved away to say goodbye to a girl with a short bob of black hair. He kissed her cheek and Eden felt herself become slightly jealous. She grabbed Luca’s hand, as if to remind him of her presence. He turned to her, and smiled his perfect Luca smile.
He stood in front of her and pushed people out of the way so that Eden could easily leave, and Eden couldn’t help but feel a tiny little bit of satisfaction. She liked to think of Luca as hers. Always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whaddaya think? Comments please <3