Status: I write it when I want to.

Sometimes you hurt yourself.

2

“Can you turn the heater up?” Eden asked, “I’m chilly.”
“Edie, you need to put on some weight, you’re cold because you’re unhealthy.”
Eden sighed. “That’s a lie, I’ve lost hardly any weight.”
“Oh, so you are trying to then?” Luca said, accusingly.
“No, no,” Eden murmured, a little absent mindedly.
“Eden, you worry me.” Luca said, shaking his head, his knuckles tensing on the steering wheel.
Eden would never admit it to anyone, but she loved to concern her friends, especially Luca. Anything she ever did was for attention from him. Like her latest diet of eating nothing but a handful of cheese a day was specifically designed so that he would become interested in what was going wrong with her. She wanted him to ask her things like, ‘Why are you doing this?’ so that she could deny there was anything wrong. Eden loved to manipulate people, and the way she did it was so subtle that no one really noticed, least of all the lovely Luca.
“You don’t need to worry. I’m not a child you need to protect,” Eden said, fiddling with the stereo in the car, which burst out some old seventies music.
“Change the station. I know you’re not a child, I just don’t know why you think you need to lose weight.” Luca said.
“I like this song. I’m not purposely losing weight. I thought you knew that,” Eden adopted a false injured look, to which Luca softened.
“Maybe see a doctor, coz something’s not right, sweetie.” Luca smiled at Eden, and she beamed back.
“So, who was that girl anyway?” Eden asked, casually.
Luca grimaced. “You wouldn’t like her, Edie. Her name’s Lisa Phillips, heard of her?” Eden shook her head.
“Where’s she from?”
“She goes to that girls school out in the country, Saint Mary’s or whatever.” Luca said, and his face was blank.
“Are you two dating?” Eden asked, bluntly.
“No, Edie, why do you ask?” Luca turned to look at her.
“I don’t know, you just looked pretty together. You know?” Luca nodded.
“If she had her way we would be.”
“She’s pushy?” Eden assumed.
“Yes,” Luca whispered.
“Luca, sorry to break it to you, but she goes to that snobby bitch school, so what do you expect?” Eden said, cautiously.
Luca turned and laughed loudly. “So true, Edie. So true.”
“So she is a snobby bitch?” Eden asked, riskily.
“I wouldn’t go that far, sweetheart.” Luca said, with a small smile on his lips as his car pulled up outside Eden’s one level townhouse.
“How far would you go then?” Eden muttered.
“Edie, are you flirting with me?” Luca seemed amused, and Eden blushed.
“No!”
Luca laughed. “Night gorgeous. And make sure you flip Kera a text, telling her where you are.”
Eden nodded, and leant in and kissed Luca’s cheek. “Thanks for the ride.”
“No probs, what are best friends for?” He grinned and Eden shut the car door and began slowly walking up the driveway. As Luca sped off Eden found herself lying on the grass outside her house, looking into the starry sky.
“Make him love me instead!” She mumbled again and again, a wish which was not to be
♠ ♠ ♠
... A little boring? TELL ME!