Don't Hold This War Inside

Pleasantries

Carlisle and Caroline arrived in Volterra a month after she had been turned.

Carlisle explained the powers that all the members of the Volturi possessed and told her what Aro would do when he met her.

To be honest, Caroline was not afraid.

She was excited, more than anything, to meet other vampires, and witness their way of life.

They walked up the long winding pathway to the Volturi Castle.

It was large and imposing, but as Caroline had never even seen a castle before, it was majestic and inviting.

Carlisle and Caroline entered into the Great Hall and stood there while three men talked quietly on a dais.

One looked rather regal and charming.

He had jet black hair that was tied into a ponytail behind him.

Another looked rather bored and above existence.

His hair was long, shiny, and blonde.

The last man looked to be in his late 30's or early 40's.

His hair was chocolate brown and fell around his face.

He looked absolutely positively bored.

The three men straightened up and the man with black hair turned to face Carlisle and Caroline.

His smile was wide and broad and his ruby red eyes gleamed mischievously.

"Why, hello, dear friend. It has been a long time since we last convened, yes? And who is your new friend?" the man asked.

His voice was liquid trouble if Caroline ever heard it.

And somehow that was not a bad thing.

"Hello, Aro. I must say it is wonderful to see you again. This is Caroline Farrow. She is a friend of mine from America. I have been looking after her for the past two years. She was turned just over a month ago." Carlisle explained.

Aro's smile grew wider.

"Well, you must excuse my manners. I am Aro. These are my brothers: Marcus and Caius." he said.

"Wonderful to meet you." Caroline replied, smiling warmly at each of them.

Aro then stepped forward and took Caroline's hand in his, staring at her.

Somehow, Caroline felt like he was reading her entire soul.

Soon, he let her hand go and looked at Carlisle.

"So, she lived with you for two years and never knew you were a vampire until after she was turned? How interesting."

Carlisle nodded. "Yes, it is indeed."

"And you have visions, young Caroline?" Aro asked Caroline.

Carlisle had explained to Caroline that Aro liked to collect vampires with special powers for his guard.

"With all due respect, Mr. Aro, sir, I have not had a 'vision' as you so eloquently put it since the night before I was turned and that vision was of my husband cheating on me. My visions are extremely inconsistent. Before that night, I had not had a vision in five months and before that a year." Caroline explained smoothly.

"She speaks the truth." an airy voice said.

Caroline's eyes traveled up onto the dais where the voice had come from.

It was the man with blonde hair, Caius.

"Well, then, there is no use interrogating her any further when there is no need. Come, dear Caroline. I shall take you around our castle. I daresay, you will enjoy it. You are welcome to come with us, too, Carlisle." Aro said invitingly.

The three then made there way from the Great Hall and to one of the long corridors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, but my brother is rushing me off the computer :( write more soon :)