Don't Hold This War Inside

Bending You Till You Break

"Rhea Digoni has gone missing. Some of you may have known her and some of you may have not. She resided in Italy with us but was captured last night." Aro explained the next night.

Gasps emitted from the crow of vampires gathered outside.

"We have no word yet on her current state: whether she is dead or alive. But, we assure you that this will all be handled accordingly---"

"Sorry, Aro, but you're a terrible politician. These witches are snatching up vampires left and right. If we are going to find out what's what with them, someone has to go in as bait. That someone will be me." Caroline answered.

Jasper, who had his hand wrapped around her from behind, growled in protest. "No." he hissed in her ears, making her shiver with fear and pleasure. She loved when Jasper was protective of her.

"I am not sure that is the smartest of ideas, Caroline." Carlisle said wisely.

"We could not possibly allow you to be taken by this abominations." Aro answered fiercely.

"If it's such a huge problem, perhaps one of you should come with me?"

No one answered to this. No one but Jasper. "I'll go with you, Caroline."

"As will I." Carlisle answered.

"Carlisle!" the caramel haired woman Caroline came to know as Esme said with a gasp. "That won't be a good idea."

"I can do what I want if I feel it is right, Esme. I am going with Caroline."

It seemed to Caroline that Esme knew there was no way of her winning this argument. It also seemed to Caroline that Carlisle pretty much ruled his house with no questions asked. A small smile tugged at her lips.

"And how exactly will this be done, Caroline?" Aro said, his tone filled with disbelief.

"It is quite simple, actually. Two of us will allow ourselves to be captured by the witches and the other will trail us quietly and give you a report of their actions." Caroline answered, confidence in her voice.

"I cannot allow this, Caroline." Jasper hissed in her ear so that only she could hear it. He held her tighter and his face fell into her neck just slightly.

"It's going to happen, Jasper, whether you want it to or not. We cannot just sit here and allow other vampires to continue to get captured. It's not right." Caroline replied, her voice shaky with the lust that was rolling from Jasper.

"I don't want you getting harmed, Caroline. I love you too much to just allow that to happen."

Caroline sighed. She and Jasper definitely needed their own space. She looked down at her outfit: a black full skirt, a peach colored sweater, a black leather jacket, and nude peep-toe heels. She wondered how long it would take for Jasper to rip it all off.

"Perhaps we need to think this over. Everyone, come to my house tonight." Carlisle said as if he could read the feelings he was getting from Jasper and Caroline.

A half hour later, everyone was gone and Jasper was pulling Caroline upstairs to her room.

"What are you doing?" she asked as he placed the both of them down on the bed. They lay facing each other, their hands intertwined.

"I just want to be with you." Jasper whispered, pulling her closer to him.

"Are you sure?" Caroline asked. She was still waiting for Jasper to leave her again.

"When I married you 149 years ago, I meant every vow I said. I will be with you for all of eternity, if you'll have me."

Caroline felt venom tears pool in her eyes and Jasper kissed them away. She closed her eyes and leaned into his touch as he kissed her softly and passionately. She felt her clothes coming off and his doing the same.

She felt his arms encircle her, holding her tight, protecting her as she knew he always would.

She felt him pushing himself into her, felt herself gasp in surprise and pleasure, felt herself slowly fall apart with every touch he bestowed upon her.

She felt a wave of bliss building within her, unlike any she'd ever known, felt that very wave crash down upon the two of them, felt herself screaming out for it to never be over.

She felt him pulling her close to him and they waited for the wave to subside.

"I love you, Jasper."