Don't Hold This War Inside

Sometimes I Wonder Why I Ever Got In

"You are absolutely certain this plan will work?" Aro asked, his tone betraying the worry he held for his dear friend.

"Right now, it's the only plan we have. Unless you have a better idea---"

"I do not."

"Well then, we'll be on our way, then." Caroline said, locking hands with Jasper and walking through the terminal. Carlisle followed behind them, a look of grim depression on his face. Caroline would not allow herself to be killed by these witches.

So, why the hell was Carlisle so worried?

They arrived in Zagarolo, Italy hours later. They could not afford to not be alert, especially when these witches were not deterred by daylight as vampires sometimes were from time to time.

Jasper held Caroline's hand as tight as vampirically possible. "I don't think this was a good idea."

"I'm starting to get pissed off more and more, Jasper. Why is it that no one seems to have any faith in me?" Caroline asked in a detached voice.

"I believe in you, Caroline, I do but---"

"Then, leave it alone."

The three of them made it to their hotel safely, never once seeing anything out of place. They would be easy to separate from the rest of the Italian population, of course. They were far too pale to truly be humans.

Caroline knew that she and Jasper would have to be the ones to go in. However, as much as she loved Jasper, she could not be distracted, constantly worrying if he was alright. It would slow both of them down immensely. It would be better if she and Carlisle went this one alone.

Jasper, however, did not like the idea at all. "Hell no! I will not have my baby goin' on a suicide mission! No! Absolutely not!"

"It's the only way we---"

"No, Carlisle. You and I will go together. Caroline cannot be captured." Jasper interrupted fiercely.

"Unfortunately, for you, Jasper, it has to happen this way."

"It does not, Caroline. Carlisle and I will go together. That's the end of it."

Caroline raised an eyebrow incredulously. "You're not my father, Jasper. If I want to go, I'll go. And I'm going. Now, that is the end of it."

A hard silence pressed through the room. Jasper knew that Caroline was just as stubborn as he and that would get them nowhere fast.

"Fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Far too short, I know. But I will write more tomorrow. I need time to plan this out.