Don't Hold This War Inside

Drug Infusion

"No way. I killed you sixty years ago. Even I hadn't have killed you, you'd still be dead." Caroline said, trying to ignore the fact that he could have been turned. But, of course, that couldn't be possible. She had torn out his throat. There was no logical way for him to be alive.

"Wrong." he said, his voice ringing with Romanian accent.

"Well, then," Caroline said, dragging herself into an upright position, which was hard to do with a burly Russian holding on to your hair like there was no tomorrow. "Explain to me why I'm wrong then, Mr. Grier."

"That's Commander Grier to you, monster!"

"Monster! Oh, the hits keep on coming." Caroline replied sarcastically.

Grier proceeded to become very angry then and charged forward, slapping Caroline with such force that she fell over. But still, she was not intimidated. Not yet.

"A witch needed a body and used me for it. I was more than glad to help. You see, Elysia's sister, Maryn, seeks to destroy all vampires and that is why you are here, Caroline."

She didn't ask how the hell he knew her name, but she forgot. George was also here, too.

"We will set all of you vampires against each other. First, we will drain you of your venom and fill you with blood. Then we will throw in the same cell as your precious little George and let him tear you to pieces."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've gotten as close as I can without getting captured, Aro. They're draining the vampires of their venom and filling them up with blood and feeding them to other vampires." Jasper reported two nights later.

"Why would witches go to this much trouble?"

Jasper sighed, trying his hardest to think. Then, it hit him. "Aro, what is the affect of a vampire's venom on another supernatural creature?"

Aro sighed. "The effect of it on another supernatural being is different than that of a human. Humans will feel nothing but burning, pain. However, someone of the supernatural race would feel a great sense of euphoria, invincibility."

"Aro, I believe I know the real reason these witches are taking vampires. They want our venom." Jasper hissed, backing away from where he knew the witches and vampires were.

"What do you propose we do?" Aro asked.

Jasper rolled his eyes and sighed. "Gather all the vampires and the wolves. We're going to need them. Gather any supernatural creatures you can find that will help us." And with that, Jasper hung up the phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caroline was shoved back into her cell only hours later. They had drained the venom from her legs, therefore enabling her to become paralyzed from the waist down. She knew it was only a matter of time before they took the rest of her.

"George?" she chanced, hoping she would 1) get a response and 2) not a starved one.

"Caroline." a voice hissed in the far corner of the cell.

She hadn't been able to smell George there when she'd first come in. She hadn't even been able to see him.

Caroline rushed to the other side of the cell to George's side. "Oh, George! Do you know of what they wish to do with us here?"

"I do." he replied, his voice scratchy.

She held on to him for dear life. "They've got Carlisle here, too." she whispered, though George probably had no clue just who Carlisle was.

"I know."

But how did he? Unless, "You know."

George said nothing.

"You knew what they're plans were. That's why you came to Italy. You led the Volturi to think you were here just to visit but....but you're helping these barbarians capture other vampires. Why?"

Caroline heard George shift around in the darkness. "I was the first vampire they captured. They told me they could help me, told me they could make me human again if I helped them."

"But they lied to you. And you lied to me, to all of us."

"I know," George said. "And I regret it deeply. Had I known that---"

"Enough talk, Georgie!" a sick voice said from outside the cell. Grier's voice. "Take him out, Yuri. He and I have a spot of business to attend to."

Caroline held on to George for dear life but it was no use. The Russian guard was stronger than her.

The loud, banging sound of the cell door slamming shut filled the deep silence around her, and for the first time in a long time, Caroline felt absolutely hopeless.