The Elven Chronicles Book Two: Power and Revenge

Change

Today is the day that I plan on announcing my plans to the elves in the air kingdom. The kings and queens will be standing behind me to show their support. I hope this goes over well. If not, a lot of people could be mad at me.

Two hours later, I stood at the top of the steps of the castle with the entire population waiting for me to speak.

"Hello and thanks for listening to me again fellow elves. As you know, there are a king and a queen with no kingdoms. Over the next year, that is going to change. We have a plan to rebuild and reestablish the kingdoms. In two weeks time, the elves belonging to the earth and fire kingdoms will move to the fire kingdom while the elves now belonging to the air and water kingdoms will move here.

"From there, the building will begin. You will be provided with food and all necessary living materials at no cost while during the whole process. The elves under their new king or queen will start to build the kingdoms. Homes, stores, and anything else necessary will be built. By the end of twelve months, I believe that all elves will be able to get settled in their new homes.

"The host kingdoms will help with all supplies and housing. Until all homes are built, elves can live in those kingdoms. King Elwen and Queen Isabel will have to decide when they want elves to move in. That is not my decision. We are trying to make this organized and painless. If there is anything you need along the way, or complaints you may have please speak to us personally. We want everyone to be happy with what is going on."

I finished telling them all what was going to happen and I got a huge cheer. This was going better than I had expected. When they were done, I started to speak again.

"Now I must tell you all of some new laws. If the elves are to continue and be powerful, the bending must stay steady and increase, and the elves need to listen to me. There will be no marrying between elves of different kingdoms. Most of you are married to elves of the same kingdom. If not, please come speak to me. Any mixing of kingdoms will be punished.

"You must not go to a kingdom without written permission from the king or queen. This is in effect after the kingdoms are finished with all remodeling.

"Trading between kingdoms is totally legal. There will be no change in the trading laws. This is all I have to change and I do not find this totally crazy. Do you agree?"

The elves expressed agreement and clapped.

"Thank you," I told them. "Now those married to elves from a different kingdom please come and speak to me." The crowd departed and I found twelve couples waiting for me at the foot of the stairs. There was one child with a couple and another woman was pregnant.

"Thank you for staying after. I am truely sorry about what I have to tell you now."

"Are you going to separate us?" One man asked.

"Hell no," I answered him quickly. They all smiled at my casual answer. "I could never do that. The only rule I am establishing now is that you cannot have children. They would be mixed, and that cannot happen anymore." I turned to the couple with the child. "You will live in whatever kingdom your child belongs to. Then when she is old enough, she will marry a man of the same kingdom."

They all nodded agreement and the pregnant woman asked, "Where shall my husband and I live?"

"When is your child due?"

"A month."

"When he/she is born, it will bear a mark of a kingdom. If you have to move, you will move to the kingdom where it belongs." She seemed happy with that and they all left to go and pack.

We all went to the fire kingdom a day later and I gave the same speech and spoke to the couples there. There was no problem at all. I stayed in the fire kingdom for the next four days with Aaron and the General's son as my bodygaurds. I found it silly, but did not argue with my father about it. The last night Aaron and I sat up and talked.

"This is amazing," he said. "You are changing everything."

"Yeah," I answered while brushing my hair. It was now down a little past my shoulders.

"Kida, I need you to answer the next question seriously. Do you still want to see me?"

I turned quickly at that. "Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"You are just so busy with all your duties that I was not sure if you wanted love right now. I don't want to be a distraction."

"You are not a distraction. I need you to stay sane." I walked and wrapped my arms around him. He just hugged me back.

The next morning the three of us traveled to see my family in the village. I had to let my mother know what was going to go on. I spoke to her quickly.

"Mother my plan is working. I am going to be in and out over the next few months while the first stages are going on. Is that okay?"

"Of course honey. I want to to stop in once a week at the least. You have battlemaster duties to preform as well."

"I will I promise." I left quickly for fear that I would want to stay too long.

The next two weeks went by in a flutter of activity. I helped elves pack and start to move to the host kingdoms. There were papers to write, people to move, and so much work. Isabel and Elwen got themselves together brillantly, and already had their own plans. The next year is going to be crazy and I am leading it.

You have finished book two of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Book finished!!! Thanks to everyone who has continued to read it. I am going to take a couple of weeks before the third one comes out. Let me know what you think please!!!
later