Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

I was a heavy heart to carry, my beloved was weighed down.

Grace sat in her first class seat on Virgin Airlines with a pissed off look on her face. If anyone was looking at her they would immediately think she was ready to rip somebody a new one. She couldn’t believe she agreed to this.

He really misses you Gracie. You should come out here. He’s trying to make things right.

She was leaving her New York City home to spend the next four months with her “dad”. The same dad she hasn’t seen since she was nine years old. The same dad who left her mom high and dry with three kids to raise, to run off to California and start a new life because he didn’t want anything to do with the one he already had. Why should she be happy that she was being forced at age twenty to stay with him? She hated him.

You know he’s sorry. Sorry for everything he did. Maybe if you talked to him you would know that.

What made her even angrier was the fact that everyone made it seem, as if she was wrong for feeling this way. She had every right to be angry with him, to hate him. After what he did to her, her brothers and mother, he didn’t deserve her love and respect.

You should give him a chance Gracie. He loves us. He really does. And it kills him to know that you hate him. Just give him another chance. To be the dad that he wasn’t. He wants to be that dad now.

It didn’t make sense to piss and moan about things know. She was already here. In San Diego, California. Grace would have been ecstatic to be here if it were any other situation. The seatbelt light turned off and Grace unbuckled her seat belt and stood from her seat, stretching and getting all the cracks out of her stiff body. Six hours on a plane in a small seat will do wonders on your body. Grace then grabbed her carry on backpack and made her way off the plane. She walked quickly to baggage claim ready to get her stuff and get far away from this airport. She waited anxiously tapping her foot quickly and messing with the edges of her black shorts. She straightened out her white tank top as she saw her two red bags come around the huge circle. Grace tried to pull both bags off at the same time but had a hard time because of their weight. She tried again when a hand reached out and grabbed one of the bags. She pulled one as the unknown person grabbed the other. She turned to see a boy with blonde hair looking at her with a smirk.

“You’re not green.” He said in his smooth boyish voice.

“Huh?” Grace said confused.

“Well I mean you were over here acting like the Hulk trying to manage three bags by yourself. But you aren’t green or even muscular for that matter.” He said still with a smirk.

Grace laughed lightly while shaking her head. “I guess you're right. I guess I hadn’t lost my temper yet.” She said

“Well I guess it was a good thing I was here then, right? I don’t think the people here would handle a giant green monster in the airport very well. Do you?” he said still holding her bag.

“No. I don’t think so.” Grace said with a smile.

“I’m Alex.” The boy said offering his hand to Grace.

“Grace.” She said shaking his hand.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Grace. Can I help you take your bags anywhere?” Alex said grabbing Grace’s other bag from her hand.

“Well since you have my bags anyway, why not?” Grace said laughing as she turned around and heading for the front of the airport.

A few minutes later they were both outside sitting her stuff on the ground. Grace immediately sat down on one of her bag and put her sunglasses on. Alex decided to sit next to her on her other bag. She looked over at him with a blank stare.

“I appreciate you helping me with my bags but I don’t know what else you want from me. I’m a very boring person.” Grace said looking ahead again.

“I doubt that. You’re from New York. I haven’ t met one person from New York that isn’t fun.” Alex said staring at her as his elbows rested on his knees.

“How do you know I’m from New York?” Grace said as Alex chuckled.

“I can tell from your accent.” He said smirking. 

“Oh…” Grace said looking down blushing. 

“No need to blush. Everyone has those moments.” He said nudging her softly with his elbow. Grace smiled gratefully while stretching her legs out in front of her.

“So why are you here? Flying out?” Grace asked looking back at him through her sunglasses.

“Waiting for my boyfriend to get in. He is coming back from visiting his sister in Greece.” Alex said with slight hesitation.

Usually when he mentioned that he was gay people were grossed out and didn’t want to talk with him anymore. He never felt the need to hide it though. He loved his boyfriend and by hiding the fact he was gay would make it seem like he was ashamed of him. But he liked Grace and hoped she wouldn’t turn him away.

“Seriously? Is he Greek?” Grace said quickly not thinking twice about the fact that he admitted he was gay to her.

“Yeah. Her husband is too. They moved there when they got married.” Alex said

“Dude I’m half. My mom is 100% Greek. Your boyfriend is officially the coolest kid on the planet and I haven’t even met him yet.” Grace said.

Alex’s heart warmed when Grace implied that she wanted to meet him. She was different from every other person he has told. Most don’t want to be his friend and others like him but don’t want to hang out with him when his boyfriend is around.

“I mean only if you want me to meet him.” Grace said laughing at herself. “Look at me jumping ship.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you didn’t freak out when I said I was gay like most people do.” He said running his finger through his already messy hair.

“Why would I? You should be able to love whoever you want. No matter how different it is from what people consider the norm. You could be in love with a monkey for all I care. I mean it’d be weird but I wouldn’t stop being your friend over it.” Grace said honestly.

“Well that’s good to know. Gabe isn’t a monkey though. I promise.” Alex said making them both laugh.

“Oooh his name is Gabe? He’s super hot isn’t he?” Grace said smirking.

“Oh yeah. Very hot. So hot that girls have “tried” on many occasions to turn him back straight.” Alex said using the quotation sign with his fingers making Grace bust out laughing.

“Girls are cra-“ Grace said before being cut off by someone yelling her name.

“G!” she looked to her left and saw her older brother Gavin walking towards her with a smile on his face. A smile made its way to her face as she stood and walked into her big brother’s arms. She kept back a sob that she felt in her throat as she squeezed her brother in a hug that was long overdue.

“I missed you bro.” Grace said pulling back slightly and looking up at Gavin.

“I missed you too. I will kick your ass the next time it takes you two years to come see me.” Gavin said making her laugh as he let her go. Grace suddenly remembered Alex and grabbed Gavin’s hand and drug him back to Alex and her bags.

"Gavin this is Alex. He helped me with my bags. Alex this is my big brother Gavin." Grace said introducing the boys.

"Hey what's up?" Gavin said nodding at him. "Hey uh nothing much." Alex said. Grace could tell he was thrown off by how attractive her brother was.

"Ok well Alex lets exchange numbers so we can hang out soon." Grace said handing her phone to him as he gave his to her. The both entered and saved the numbers and handed the phones back to each other.

"Ok so I'll talk to you later Grace. It was nice meeting you Gavin." Alex said before smiling at them and walking away.

"So you ready to go?" Gavin asked grabbing my bags.

"As ready as I can be." she mumbled.

"It won't be that bad. I promise." Gavin said putting her bags in his trunk.

"Yeah right."

She wasn't ready for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any kind of advice and/or criticism would rule. \m/