Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

I know you feel it too, it all seems so untrue.

Grace woke up the next morning exhausted. Not only was she up all night talking with Vic, once she went to lay down to sleep she couldn’t. Her mind was racing with everything that had happened that night. Vic promised Grace that Mike wasn’t the kind of person to tell secrets and that if she told him something she didn’t want people to know he wouldn’t say a word about it. Grace wanted to believe that but she had no idea how Katie could’ve found out about that. She decided she would call Gavin later and ask him about it. She looked over the side of her bed to see Vic on her floor spread out and snoring softly. She laughed to herself as someone knocked at her bedroom door.

“Come in.” She said quietly

Her door opened and she saw her dad’s head poke in. He took a look at Vic and shook his head chuckling.

“He sleeps just like Gavin.” He said

“I bet.” Grace said running a hand through her hair

“I’m making breakfast. Do you want me to make you guys a plate?” he asked

“Yes please.” Grace said smiling

“Ok.”

“Thanks dad. We’ll be down soon.” Grace said before he dad nodded and quietly closed her door.

She looked back down at Vic and saw that he hadn’t moved an inch. She shook her head before grabbing one of her pillows and throwing it at him. He groaned and turned over on his side.

“Wake up.” Grace said chuckling

“I don’t want to.” He said into the pillow

“I don’t care. Get up. My dad is making breakfast.”

When she said that he immediately sat up.

“Oh so I mention food and you get up.” Grace said amused

“Uh yeah. I’m a growing man. I need food.” Vic said seriously

“Yeah, yeah.” She said playfully, getting out of her bed.

Grace found a spare toothbrush for Vic to use before going to shower. Ten minutes later she emerged from her bathroom and saw Vic lying on her bed flipping through channels.

“Do you want a change of clothes? I’m pretty sure you can fit some of my brother’s stuff.” Grace asked

“No its cool. I’ll just change when I get home.” He said. “So are you going to talk to Mike?”

Grace sighed before sitting next to Vic.

“I don’t know.”

“You should at least talk to him. When I left last night he was really upset.” Vic explained

“I know I need to. I will Vic.” Grace nodded before Vic smiled and threw his arm over Grace.

“Mike is my little brother. I know when he really cares about someone and he cares about you Gracie. I know Mike didn’t say anything. I just need you to know that too. Plus Katie is a bitch. You can’t believe anything she says. We had practice last night so he was with us.” Vic said “I’m so glad you hit her. I’ve been waiting for someone to.”

Grace laughed loudly before standing up.

“I’ll talk to him Vic, don’t worry.” Grace said “Come on. Breakfast is probably ready.”

The two friends made their way downstairs and into the kitchen where Grace noticed her dad, Gavin and Carter. Grace sat down across from Gavin and Vic sat next to her across from Carter.

“Guys this is Vic. He is Mike’s brother.” Grace said nodding in Vic’s direction “Vic these are my brothers Gavin and Carter.”

“Nice to meet you guys.” Vic said with a smile

“Yeah same here man.” Gavin said

Matthew brought Grace and Vic plates filled with pancakes, eggs and bacon. Grace laughed when she saw Vic drooling as he stared at the plate.

“Thanks Mr. Pisano.” He said before digging in.

“Just call me Matthew.”

“Alright.” He said with a mouthful of food.

“You’re sick.” Grace said disgusted, elbowing him as Gavin, Carter and Matthew laughed.

The group sat at the table eating and making small talk. Soon enough they all finished and Vic announced he was leaving.

"We all have to hang out dude.” Gavin said

“Yeah we should. The next time we do something I’ll make sure Grace tells you guys.” He said as he walked to the front door with Grace. She opened the door and Vic stepped out before turning to face her.

“Well I’ll talk to you later. Let me know what happens with you and Mike.” He said

“You act like Mike wouldn’t tell you.” Grace laughed

“I guess you have a point.” He said laughing along with Grace.

“Ok. See ya Gracie.” Vic said backing up

“Bye Vic.”

Grace closed the door and walked into the living room where she saw her dad and brothers watching a movie.

“Hey Gavin, can I talk to you for a second?” she asked as he looked at her curiously before nodding.

He followed her to her room as she jumped onto her bed and he stood at the foot of it.

“What’s up?” he asked crossing his arms across his chest.

“Do you know any girls named Katie or Abbey?” Grace asked

“Uh I’ve heard of a girl named Abbey. She goes to a lot of the same parties I do. But I don’t talk to her. She’s kind of a slut. I don’t know a Katie though. Why?” He asked

“Oh uh she knew stuff about us, about mom and dad divorcing and dad being with Eddie. I’m just confused as to how she knows.” Grace said looking at her older brother.

“What? That’s weird. I haven’t told anybody about that. No one. Why did she say that to you?” Gavin asked sitting next to her on the bed.

“Well apparently Katie is Mike’s ex and she doesn’t really like the idea of Mike being interested in another girl.” She explained

“Does Mike know?” Gavin said

“Yeah. The night I found out and left the house he let me stay at his place. I talked to him about it. But Vic told me Mike isn’t that kind of person and that he wouldn’t do that to anyone. I believe him.”

“Yeah Vic and Mike seem like cool guys. I don’t think they would lie.” He agreed

“I just don’t know how she could’ve known that. I only told Mike and he said he didn’t tell her.” Grace said confused

“Yeah and I haven’t told anyone either. That is really strange. Maybe she’d just some stalker chick. They can find out things.” Gavin said trying to lighten the situation.

“Maybe. Well I just wanted to ask you.” Gavin nodded and left her room.

Grace decided she would call Callie.

”Hey girl!”

“Hey Cal. What’s up?” Grace asked

”Nothing much. Just hanging around my house. How are you?”

“I’m better. I had a talk with Vic last night and he opened my eyes to some things.”

”That’s good. Mike seemed really sad when you left. That bitch Katie left with a bloody noise.” Callie said laughing

“Did she really? I didn’t know I hit her that hard…” Grace said

”Are you kidding? You made her fall to the ground Gracie. It was awesome”

“Oh well. I don’t regret it.” Grace replied

”What was she talking about anyway?” Callie asked

“I’ll explain another day. I promise. I have to tell you something though.”

”Ok. What is it?” Grace heard her friend say

“Jonny was the person who gave me a ride home yesterday…” Grace trailed off

Callie was silent for a few seconds before she spoke.

”Ok.”

“He was nice to me and offered me ice cream. I really didn’t want to go back inside to you guys so I went with him. But then Vic wanted to meet with me so we’re getting lunch today. You’re not mad, are you?” Grace said guiltily

”If I didn’t know that he was probably trying to get advice from you about how to get me back, I would be worried. But I know what his intentions are.” she said

“Why won’t you work it out with him if you know he wants you back?” Grace asked

”I don’t trust him.”

Grace sat on her bed silently after hearing the broken tone of her friend’s voice.

”I know you’re wondering what happened but I’m pretty sure he’ll tell you. If he doesn’t make him.” she said

“Ok I will. Is it bad?” Grace asked

”Yeah its bad.” Callie said bitterly

“Ok well when I get back from lunch with him. I’ll call you.” Grace said

”Cool. Talk to you later.” Grace hung up the phone still hearing sadness in Callie’s voice. It really broke her heart.

“What the hell did Jonny do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm seeing Paramore, Tegan & Sara and New Found Glory tomorrow night so I won't be able to update.
I'll try to get the next chapter up Thursday after I get out of class.
What do you guys think happened between Callie and Jonny?
I want to hear some theories.
Send some comments my way.
\m/