Status: Completed

Have Faith In Me

Is there anybody out there who is lost and hurt and lonely too?

Grace sat in front of her dad’s house trying to prepare herself for the conversation that was about to happen. She knew her dad had a lot to explain. Grace then stood and walked to the front door, unlocking it, before walking inside. She walked farther into the foyer and saw her dad sitting on the couch looking at her.

“Hey.” Matthew said to his daughter.

“Hi.” She said walking over to couch and sitting next to her dad. She turned to face him and crossed her legs. “Sorry I ran out last night and didn’t answer any of your calls.”

“Don’t be sorry. I understand why you left.” Matthew said “You needed to cool off. Where did you go?”

“I stayed with a friend.” Grace said. “Where is Carter?”

“He went with Gavin last night.” He said.

They both sat there quietly until Grace looked at her dad.

“I just want you to tell me everything. No matter if it may make me mad or sad. Tell me everything dad.” Grace said quietly.

Matthew sighed but nodded before looking at her.

“When I was married to your mother, I loved her Gracie. I loved her so much. I still love your mother because she gave me you…and your brothers. But then I met Eddie. He was new at my job and I had these feelings that I couldn’t explain. I didn’t know why I felt that way and I didn’t want to feel it. I felt like I was turning my back on your mother. I had never felt like that about a man ever and I was scared. I tried to force the feelings by not talking to him and avoiding him but it didn’t work. I just felt drawn to him. Your mom started to notice how I was changing….” Matthew trailed off

“Well what was that huge fight you guys had about then? The one that made you leave.” Grace asked

“Your mom brought me lunch that day and when she came into my office she caught me and Eddie kissing. That was the first time we had done anything and she just happened to catch me. She was more shocked than mad at the time. But when I got home she exploded. I explained everything but she was so angry and felt so betrayed she couldn’t deal with me. She told me to leave so I did. She had every reason to ask me to leave. A few days later we talked again and we had a talk. About everything. Your mother was more understanding than I ever would’ve expected her to be. That’s why I loved her so much. She told me she didn’t hate me and that everything would be ok. She also told me not to fight what I was feeling because that would make everything harder for me. I just happened to get a promotion that was here in California when all that was happening so I decided to move out here and Eddie decided to come with me.” Matthew finished.

“So you two have been together ever since then?” Grace asked

Matthew nodded before Grace smiled lightly.

“You really love him huh?” she asked

“I do.” Matthew said smiling.

“He lives here doesn’t he?” Matthew nodded

“Where is he staying if he lives here?”

“With Michelle and Tanner. They have an extra room that they let him use until I told you.” Matthew said

Grace nodded letting everything sink in.

“I just don’t want you to think that I didn’t care about you. I have always loved you. I just saw how much we drifted apart after the divorce and I didn’t want to force this on you when you might not have been able to fully understand. You know, because you were so young.” Matthew explained

“I get it dad. You’re right. I wouldn’t have understood.” Grace said looking at him. “I just had all this anger in me and I didn’t know how to let it out.”

Matthew smiled and grabbed Grace hand and held it.

“I love you too dad.” Grace said before leaning over and hugging her dad. He wrapped his arms around his daughter and kissed her forehead. They hugged for a little while longer before they pulled away from each other.

“So are you going to stay?” Matthew asked hesitantly

“Yeah dad I’ll stay.” Grace said as Matthew stood up. She watched him as he walked over to a movie case and looked through them.

“So do you have any plans?” Matthew asked.

“Well I’m going to a friend’s house for a small get together. But its not until later tonight.” Grace said turning to face the tv.

“Well I heard through the grapevine that Fight Club is your favorite movie.” Matthew said waving the movie in the air.

“It is.” Grace said showing her first genuine smile of her stay at his house.

“That’s my girl.”

~~~~~~~~

I can’t wait to see you. Emmy and I are excited. Sophia said to Grace through the phone.

“Yeah I can’t wait to see you guys. But I have to finish getting ready so I’ll see you soon.” Grace said

“Ok. Bye girlie.” Sophia said

“Later.”

Grace then put her phone on her bed and finished getting dressed. She was wearing a black pair of cuffed jean shorts and a black and white striped tank covered by a midriff blue jean jacket. She threw on some black flip flops before checking to see if the mascara and eyeliner she had put on earlier still looked ok. She teased the waves in her hair before she heard the doorbell ring. She quickly grabbed her bag and made her way downstairs. She got to the last step and saw her dad talking to Mike who stood there in some blue skinny jeans and a dark grey tank top and black beanie.

“Hey Mike.” Grace said with a smile.

“Hey. You ready to go?” He asked as she nodded and walked over to the door.

“Have fun G.” her dad said before kissing her forehead.

“Ok see you later dad.” Grace said before leaving the house with Mike.

Mike walked her to the passenger side before opening her door and closing it when she got in. He jogged to his side and got in immediately starting the car. “So your dad is nice.” He said as he pulled out of her driveway.

“Yeah. He’s not one of those crazy dads.” Grace said laughing

“How did the talk go?” Mike asked

“Better than I thought. Everything is good.”

“That’s good. I’m glad. I didn’t like seeing you cry.” Mike said grabbing her hand over the console and linking his fingers with hers.

Grace smiled and looked down at their hands. Even though his hands were huge compared to hers, it still felt good. They sat in a comfortable silence listening to the music flowing from his speakers.

“Who is this?” Grace asked

“Its this band called Of Mice & Men. My friend who is having the party is actually in this band. He plays bass.” Mike said quickly looking over at her.

“Oh yeah?” What’s his name?”

“Jaxin.” Mike answered.
“Oh well how did you meet him?” Grace asked

“We went on tour together.” Mike said

“You’re in a band?” Grace said shocked “No way?!”

Mike chuckled before answering, “Yeah, with Vic, Jaime and Tony. We’re called Pierce the Veil. I thought you knew.”

“No. I didn’t know. What do you do?” Grace said interested

“I play drums. Vic sings and plays guitar, Jaime plays bass and Tony plays guitar.” Mike explained.

“You don’t say. I’m making Vic sing for me as soon as we get to your friend’s house.” Grace said making Mike laugh.

Twenty minutes later they were pulling up to a house that had cars all around. Mike parked and quickly got out rushing over to Grace’s side and opening her door. He helped her out and closed the door. He locked his car and threw his arm around Grace shoulder leading her towards the house.

“Have I told you how gorgeous you look tonight?” Mike said smirking

“No, you haven’t.” Grace said blushing

“Well you look gorgeous.” Mike said into her ear.

“Oh so I’m not beautiful?” Grace said trying to will away the redness in her cheeks.

“Of course you are. I just thought I would switch it up.” Mike said smirking as Grace laughed.

“You are ridiculous.” She said leaning into him.

“Only for you beautiful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So something may or may not happen between Mike and Grace next chapter.
Comments will probably make me update faster.
Also I really want to write some one shots so the first three people who comment I will write one for.
So when you comment tell me who you would want in the one shot.
Hope you like the chapter.
\m/