I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

AIDS and coffee

Just another day at school, sitting by myself, doing my homework so I don’t have to do it at home.

I may not talk, but I still care about my grades.

Yea, I’m a mute. I don’t talk. Sure I can talk, I just don’t choose too.

“Well well, look what we have here boys,” Chad said. He’s the most annoying person in the
world.

[i/]What do you want Chad? I wrote down on a note pad.

“Oh Alyssa, you don’t know me at all do you?” Chad asked sitting down and putting an arm around me.

[i/]Of course not. If I did I wouldn’t hate your guts now would I? I wrote.

“But you don’t hate my guts. You want me, you know you do,” Chad said getting close to my face.

[i/]If I wanted AIDS or an STD then maybe I would want you. But sorry to burst your bubble, but I rather die. I wrote then threw the note at him. I gathered up my stuff and walked out of the cafeteria.

Chad, God I hate him. He’s the quarterback. Our schools star player. He’s dated all of the cheerleaders at least once. I’m actually surprised that he doesn’t have AIDS or an STD.

The bell rang to signal the end of lunch. I went to my locker and put all my books in there and grabbed what I need for my afternoon classes.

What sucks about my afternoon classes is that Chad is in all over them. He likes to find ways to get on my nerves. I stuffed my books in my bag and headed off to English. English is my favourite subject, even if the biggest dick on the planet is in my class.

I walked into the classroom. Dick face wasn’t there yet. Thank God. I sat down at my desk and took out my books and pencils. As soon as I sit down I hear the most annoying sound in my life.

“What were you doing with my boyfriend at lunch?” Stacie asked.

[i/]He was annoying the shit out of me, like you are now. I wrote down and showed it to her.

“Stay away from him, and we won’t have a problem,” Stacie said glaring at me.

[i/]My pleasure, I would tell that to him though. I wrote.

She didn’t say anything back. She just walked away to all her skanky friends.

I opened up the novel we were reading in class and started to read where I left off.

The bell rang for the beginning of class and everyone sat down. Douche bag didn’t show up, maybe he died. Careful Alyssa can’t dream that big.

“Alright class, take out your novels and we shall continue from where we left off yesterday,” my English teacher Mr. Conners said.

I just continued to read mine. None of my teachers call on me for answers since I can’t speak and they are all lazy assholes that are too lazy to get up and come to the back of the room to read my notes.

I got so into the book that I didn’t hear the class room door open until Mr. Conners spoke.

“Nice of you to join us Mr. Wheeler,” Mr. Conners said.

I looked up and Chad was there smiling like an idiot.

“Yea well, I just thought I should let you all bask in the glory of my presence,” Chad replied.

I snorted to myself.

“Don’t get cocky Mr. Wheeler, or that’s another detention for you,” Mr. Conners said.

Good, he needs another detention so he’ll leave me alone.

Chad just smirked and continued on to his seat, which just happens to be the empty one beside me.

“Get your novel our Mr. Wheeler,” Mr. Conners said.

“Yes sir,” he said with a salute making the class giggle.

I just rolled my eyes and got back to reading the book.

“Psst, Alyssa,” Chad whispered from his seat.

I looked up and glared at him.

“You can’t deny your feelings for me. They’ll come out sooner or later,” he whispered.

I glared at him again and went back to my book. Not talking has its sucky moments. If I ever decide to talk again, the first thing I’m going to say is to Chad, and that’s going to be Fuck you. Then I’ll kick him where the sun doesn’t shine. Then we’ll see who wants who.
I never wanted him to begin with. He just finds joy in bugging the shit out of me because I’m a mute, and a loner. It’s not my fault I don’t have any friends. People just don’t like the fact that I can’t talk on the phone. It’s either in person, or over the computer. I haven’t laughed since God knows when. I rarely smile; even if I do it’s usually fake or forced.

English passed by in a blur. When the bell rang I packed up my stuff and left the room. My last class was cancelled so I didn’t bother staying. I mentally thank my teacher for cancelling the class because I couldn’t stand being in another room with Chad for another minute.

I went to my locker and pulled out my jacket and my purse. I closed my locker, put the lock on it and headed for the exit of the school. I walked into the crisp autumn air and headed towards my truck. My big black truck. It’s my baby. I smiled when I unlocked it and got in. I put the key in the ignition and turned up the heat, then back out of the school parking lot.

On the drive home I was craving a coffee. So I went to my favourite coffee place and parked my truck. I got out of my truck and went in the front door. The owners were friends of the family and they knew I was a mute so they let all the employees know because I’m there very often. Angie was working today, she was somewhat my friend.

“Hey Alyssa,” Angie said as I made my way to the counter.

I waved in response.

“You’re usually not here till later, class cancelled or something?” she asked. I nodded in reply.

“That’s always fun. Your usual order?” she asked. I smiled and nodded.

“Was Chad being a dick today?” she asked. Oh Angie knows about Chad.

I took a napkin and took the pen off the counter.

[i/]When isn’t he? He keeps saying I want him. So I said well wrote that if I wanted AIDS or an STD that would be the only reason why I would want him.

When she finished reading she burst into laughter.

“You my friend are amazing,” she said laughing.

I smiled and reached in my purse for my wallet.

“Here you go sweetie,” she said handing my coffee.

I smiled and took a five out of my wallet.

“No sweetie, this one’s on the house. Just for making my day,” Angie said waving away my money and still chuckling.

I did sign language for thank you and smiled.

“You’re welcome sweetie, don’t let that jock pick on you,” she said with a smile.

I nodded and smiled before leaving the coffee shop.

I got back in my truck and left for home.

When I got home my parents’ car wasn’t in the drive way so I knew they weren’t home. I got my stuff from the truck and locked it. I walked up to the front door and unlocked it. I walked into my house and slipped off my shoes. I walked into the kitchen with my coffee in hand.

On the counter there was a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a note.

[i/]“Alyssa, your father and I are going out to dinner with some of his co-workers. We won’t be back till late. There’s pasta in the fridge, Love you, mom and dad,” was what the note said.

I took two cookies and left the note on the counter, then left the kitchen.

I made my way up the stairs and to my room while munching on the cookies. My mom
really knows how to bake.

I set my coffee down on the table beside my bed and set by bag on the floor.

I sat down on my bed and fell backwards so I was staring at the ceiling. I looked around my room.

The purple walls, hard wood floors, purple and black sheets and pillows, really comfy black and purple duvet.

I felt my eyes start to droop and get heavy so I just let them close. I’ll eat when I wake up. I yawned and rolled over falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty lovelies,
I have the pleasure of giving you the first chapter of this new story. (:
I hope you like.
I believe the second chapter will be out soon. :D

This chapter is brought to you by
Lexie123
Aka Alex :)

Comment and all that good stuff pwease :D