I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

Tears in the Library.

I woke up the next morning to my alarm clock going off. I sighed and slammed my hand down on the button. I got out of bed and picked out clothes to wear to the place we call school. I walked to the bathroom connected to my room and started up the shower. When it was proper temperature I got in and did what I needed to do. When I was done with my shower I got out and dried off.

I walked back into my room and got dressed. After I pulled on my black skinny jeans, and blue and black tank top, I slipped on my green converse and walked back into the bathroom.
I looked at my hair and sighed. I didn’t feel like wasting time on it so I just brushed it and threw it up in a pony tail. I put my usual amount of make up on and walked out of the bathroom.

“Alyssa, breakfast is ready,” my mom called from the bottom of the stairs.

I sighed and picked up my stuff for the day, like my ipod, my wallet, my school bag, my car keys, and purse. I looked around my room making sure I didn’t forget anything. I nodded to myself and left my room.

I walked down the stairs and put all my stuff by the front door.

“Morning sweetie,” my mom said as I walked into the kitchen.

I smiled and walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek.

My parents know I’m a mute. They respected my decision. They supported me through everything. They even learned sign language so I could talk to them. I don’t use it often, I prefer to write.

I sat down at the kitchen table in my usual seat and picked up the note pad.
Where’s daddy? I wrote and pushed the pad across the table to show my mom.

“Oh he had to go to work early this morning,” she replied. I nodded.

“Here you go sweetie,” she said putting a plate of toast and eggs on the table in front of me.

Thank you mum, (: I wrote and smiling at her.

“You’re welcome sweetie,” she said smiling back at me.

I ate my breakfast quickly and put my dishes in the sink. I kissed my mom on the cheek and left for school.

I didn’t want a coffee this morning so I just went right to school.

I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something bad is going to happen today.

I parked my truck in the school parking lot and gathered up all my stuff when Chad’s Mustang pulled up beside me.

I groaned and got out of my truck.

“Hey Alyssa, you dressed your best for me? I feel flattered,” Chad said as I walked passed.

I stuck up the middle finger to him as I started to walk towards the front doors.

“Is that any way to treat your future husband?” he called after me.

I ignored him and just continued to walk into the school.

I walked right to my locker ignoring Chad as he followed me down the hall trying to talk to me.

I opened my locker and put the stuff I didn’t need in there.

“You know what’s going to be hard?” Chad asked. I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

“Being nice to you when we’re married,” he replied.

I took the note pad from my locker. We’re never going to be married. Why would I want to marry you? You treat me like shit. Now leave me alone.

“You’re going to have to marry me. Our parents arranged it. They were at my house last night when I got home from school. Your parents were going to tell you on your birthday,” he said.

That is a load of bullshit. Now leave me alone and never talk to me again, I wrote then slammed my locker shut and walked away to my first class.

I walked into my art classroom and slammed my stuff down on my desk.

“What’s the matter Alyssa?” my art teacher Miss. Mary. She doesn’t like us calling her by her last name.

Stupid Chad. He just told me that our parents arranged for us to get married. What is this medieval times? I wrote.

Miss. Mary walked over to my desk and read the note.

“You don’t know if this is true. It’s Chad he could be lying,” she said.

I don’t know. I’ll just have to ask my parents when I get home from school. Apparently according to Chad they were going to tell me on my birthday, which is next week, I wrote.

“Better safe than sorry,” Miss. Mary said with a smile.

I nodded.

Miss. Mary walked over to her desk and I went to the back of the room to get my canvas.

*******

A while later I was walking out of the art classroom hoping that I wasn’t going to see Chad.

“Alyssa wait.” Speak of the devil and he shall come.

I groaned and kept on walking. I had a spare or free period so I was going to go to the library and just sit there minding my own business.

I walked into the library with Chad following me.

“Alyssa please, I wasn’t supposed to say anything. Can you just forget I said it?” Chad said from right behind me.

I turned around and glared at him.

“I’ll take that as a maybe?” he asked.

I went to the back of the library and sat down at a table.
If I say I’ll forget it will you leave me alone? I wrote.

“For now anyway,” he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. Fine, I’ll forget it. Now go away.

He grinned and just sat down across from me.

Can you not read? I asked.

“Oh I can read alright. You just never said when you wanted me to leave you alone,” he said.

Now, and I don’t want to hear your annoying voice until English. I wrote.

He was really starting to piss me off. More than usual.

“After you answer my question,” he said.

Fine, what? I asked.

“Why don’t you talk?” he asked.

I froze up.

Go away, now. Just leave me alone. I wrote with a shaky hand.

“You didn’t answer my question,” he said.

I don’t want to answer now get the fuck out of here. Leave me the fuck alone. I wrote and shoved the note at him.

“Alright, but I’ll get the answer sooner or later,” he said and stood up.

After I was sure he was gone I finally let the tears spill over.

My parents know my reason for not talking. They are the only ones that know. The rest of my family doesn’t. Not even the coffee shop owners.

I used to have a twin brother. After he was killed by a drunk driver I just gave up. I wouldn’t talk to anyone. No one has heard my voice for 7 years. Almost 8. He was killed on our birthday. We don’t celebrate at home, we go to the cemetery and I blow out the candles there. He was my best friend. We did everything together, even though we were only ten when he died.

I sat there with my head in my arms balling my eyes out. I missed my brother so much.

“Alyssa, are you crying?” Chad asked.

I looked up and wiped away my tears.

No, I thought I told you to go away.

“You did, I was leaving when I heard you start to cry. I came back to see if you were alright,” Chad replied.

I’m fine. Now leave.

“Alright, well I’m sorry if my question upset you,” he said.

You, Chad Wheeler, sorry? You’re never sorry,

“Hey, I have my moments,” he said with a grin.

I snorted. If you don’t leave I will. I wrote and began to pack up my stuff to leave the library.

“I’ll leave. I just want you to know that I really am sorry,” he said putting a hand on my shoulder then he left.

I sat down and looked at his back as he left.

I have a feeling deep down that he really meant it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright ladies and gents,
I hope you enjoyed chapter 3.
Sorry it took a while, I haven't been feeling myself lately.

One quick thing before I go.
PLEASE READ MY ORIGINAL STORIES!
That would mean alot to me (:

Comment subscribe and all that good stuff.

This authors note is brought to you by,
Lexie123
Aka Alex (: