I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

Long Talks and Secret Spot

~Next day~

I woke up at 5 am to get ready for school. I was looking forward to tonight when Alyssa and her parents come over to discuss wedding plans. Unfortunately Alyssa won’t be at school until tomorrow since she punched my ex girlfriend Stacie in the face. I grabbed my phone and turned it on as soon as it turned on I texted Alyssa.

‘Good Morning,” is what I texted her and turned my sound on as I got ready for school.

‘No go away I’m trying to sleep, :-),’ she texted back.

‘But… I need someone to talk to during school hours,’ I texted her as I ran out to my car before my mom made me eat breakfast. I’m running late for practice and I’m the star quarterback.

'Go to practice, I'll text you at noon,' she answered me as I climbed into my mustang. I sighed and drove to the school.

"Wheeler! You're late!" Coach yelled at me.

"Sorry Coach, how many laps?" I asked as I quickly ran up to him. He groaned.

"Ten for now," he said. I started my laps and quickly finished them. We started going over some of our football plays and I quickly showered. I groaned and walked towards first period.

"What up?" Matt, one of my teammate's asked me.

"Just thinking of a girl who is coming over tonight and don't want to be here," I said.

"Who?" he asked as we entered first period German 4.

"Alyssa," I said as the tardy bell rung.

"Why her?" he asked as I got a text from Alyssa.

'Hey do you mind cutting later and bring Dakota with you?' She texted.

'Maybe depends what time,' I quickly texted back.

"Dude, why are you talking and thinking about her?" Matt asked.

"She's my soon-to-be wife," I answered.

"WHAT!" he shouted.

"Shh... it's on the down low," I whispered to him as our teacher looked at us.

"You know the whole school is going to find out right?" he asked.

"When it is time for them to know they will, but not now," I answered.

"What about Stacie man?" he asked.

"We already broke up and she doesn't know why," I told him.

"Was it Alyssa who broke her nose? To be honest she looks better now then she did before," he laughed.

"Yes, Alyssa is the person who broke her nose," I answered with a smile remembering getting the text saying that.

"Dude, you like her," he said.

"Dude, like I said she is my soon to be wife and I kinda need to like her," I said as Frau (Mrs.) Radde walked up to me.

"Ich bin sicher, dass ihr Gespräch ist sehr interessant, aber Sie möchten eine Inhaftierung wenn sie nicht bezahlen Aufmerksamkeit in meiner Klasse?" She asked. ("I'm sure your conversation is very interesting, but would you like a detention if you don't pay attention in my class?")

"Nein, Frau Radde," I answered. ("No, Mrs. Radde.")

"Dann, ich schlage vor, sie und Matt Aufmerksamkeit," She said. ("Then, I suggest you and Matt pay attention"). I nodded my head and looked at the board. Frau Radde turned away from us and went back to teaching. I shook my head and waited for Alyssa to text back.

'As soon as you get a chance,' she replied finally.

'How much would you love me?' I asked her and felt Matt kick me under the table.I looked at him, and raised an eyebrow.

"You can't skip, we have a game tomorrow and you need to be at practice," he mouthed.

"I can come back for practice, or I have to explain to coach that's goin on," I mouthed back.The bell rung and I stood up.

"And what exactly is going on?" he asked.

"My engagement?" I whispered.

"Oh, so why did u propose to her?" he asked.

"I didn't, it's was our parents," I replied.

"Wow," he said as I spotted Dakota.

"I gotta go. I'll text you later," I said before walking towards Dakota.

"Okay," Matt hollered as Dakota looked up.

"Hey," he said.

"Alyssa wants us to skip to go see her," I said.

"So like her," he said as he opened his locker.

"Yea, but I have to come back after school for practice," I said leaning on the locker beside his.

"Well, do you want to skip?" he asked me.

"Duh, do you?" I asked.

"What you think?" he asked putting everything in his locker.

"Let's go," I said with a smirk. He walked out the door closest to the parking lot and found my mustang.

"Text her tell her we're on our way," Dakota said.

"Fine," I said unlocking my mustang and pulled out my phone.

'We're on our way. Where are we meeting?' I asked her.

"You have to read it. No texting and driving for me," I said.

"I will," he said as I handed him my phone and I started my car.

"She says at her house. She doesn't want to go anywhere yet," Dakota said.

"Do you know where she lives?" I asked him as I pulled out of the school.

"She doesn't live far from here. You know the little coffee shop?" Dakota asked.

"Yeah," I answered as I stopped at the light by the school.

"She lives around the corner from it," he said.

"Wow, ask her if she wants anything from the coffee shop cause I'm craving some coffee," I told him.

"Coffee does sound good right now," Dakota said.

"So one coffee for me and one for you what about her?" I asked.

"She wants a hot chocolate and a chocolate doughnut. She said she'll pay you back when you get here. Meaning her house," Dakota said.

"Tell her I said that she will not pay me back I won't take her money and if she dares tries to give me money she will get it back tonight at dinner or I will just give it to her mom," I said stopping at the coffee place.

"She says you suck," Dakota laughed. I shook my head.

"Okay give me my phone back," I said as I reached for my phone.

"Does this mean I get free coffee for being your messager?" Dakota asked.

"Yup," I answered as I got out of my car.

"YES!" Dakota shouted. I laughed and walked into the coffee shop.

"What? Can't I be excited? It's not everyday you get free coffee you know," he said.

"Yes you can. It was just so random," I said walking to the counter to order.

"You're just jealous,' Dakota said with his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, let's go with that," I said as I waited for our order.

"You just wont admit it," Dakota said.

"Why would I be jealous?" I asked as our order was handed to me and I paid.

"Because I said so," he replied. I shook my head and walked out to my mustang.

"Thanks for the coffee," Dakota said.

"No problem," I answered as I handed him my coffee and Alyssa's hot chocolate and doughnut and started the car.

"I kinda wanna eat her doughnut on her," Dakota laughed.

"If you eat it, I will personally kick your butt," I said looking at him.

"But that wouldn't be very nice. Can I just have a bite?" he asked.

"No, I'm trying to get on her good side," I said as I pulled up to her house.

"It`ll take more than a doughnut that`s for sure," he said.

"I know, but the doughnut is a start," I said.

"True," he said as we got out of the car. I grabbed my coffee and her hot chocolate and doughnut and walked to the door.

"ALYSSA!!!!!" Dakota yelled as we reach the door. I heard her run towards the door. Alyssa yanked the door open and smiled wide at us. I handed her the hot chocolate and the doughnut.

"I had to protect it from your friend here," I said with a smile. She raised an eye brow at me.

"He wanted to eat your doughnut," I said. She turned to Dakota and glared at him with her hands on her hips.

"Thinks jerk," Dakota said. I laughed. Alyssa pointed to her doughnut and pointed to herself, then she pointed to Dakota and shook her finger at him.

"What do you want to do?" I asked her as I took a sip of coffee.

"I say we watch a movie," Dakota said.

"But I want to get to know Alyssa," I said.Alyssa put her hot chocolate and doughnut down and went to grab her note book.

"Do not touch her hot chocolate or doughnut," I told Dakota as I waited for her to come back.

"But I just want a bite," he whined.

"I will buy you two doughnuts, if you leave her doughnut alone," I said.

"You owe me," he said narrowing his eyes at me.

"Okay," I said as I heard Alyssa come back.

"What do you want to do Lyssa?" Dakota asked using a nickname.

I'd like to ask Chad some questions, she wrote in her notepad.

"Should I leave then?" Dakota asked.

"No, stay, you need to get to know me too," I said to him.

"Alright then," Dakota replied.

"Ask away both of y'all," I told them.

Can we at least sit first? Alyssa asked.

"Yeah," I answered as she led us to her living room.

"OK, now ask away," I said after we were all sitting.

Why were you a jerk to me before you found out that we were to be married? Alyssa asked.

"Well, it all started back in elementry school pretty much, you were the only one that didn't rush to be my friend. You were different. I wanted you to like me. I guess I just took it a little too far," I explained.

"Wow," Dakota said.

"Yea," I said scratching the back of my neck.

"I have a question Alyssa, but it's kind of personal," I said looking her in the eyes.

Alright? she wrote

"Why did you go mute?" I asked. She bit her lip and looked down at her lap.

"Please tell me, because I remember you did talk," I whispered and got up to sit beside her. She shook her head.

"Okay," I said as I saw a tear fall from her eyes.

"I'm sorry I asked," I said wiping the tear away. I pulled her to me as she cried a little harder.

"It's ok, I'm sorry," I said softly rubbing her back. I looked at Dakota for help as I hear her sniffle and she buries her head into my chest. Dakota looked at me and raised his arms and shook his head. I heard my phone go off and was debating on if I should ignore it or not seeing how it was in the kitchen and I was with Alyssa. I decided to sit with Alyssa. I held her tightly and whispered calming words to her.

"Want me to check it?" Dakota asked.

"Just leave it," I said.

"Okay," he said as Alyssa's front door opened.

"Alyssa, I'm home," her mom called.

"Hey Mrs. Duke," I called out trying to calm Alyssa down.

"Where's Alyssa?" her mom said walking into the room.

"Right here," I said pointing to her.

What's wrong?" she asked.

"We were asking questions back and forth and I asked why she didn't talk," I answered as Dakota started to sneak out of the room.

"She'll be fine, just give her a while," her mother said.

"Are you sure?" I asked hoping she wouldn't realize I should be in school.

"I'm sure," her mom replied.

"Okay," I said looking at Dakota. Alyssa soon calmed down and just held on to me,

"Better now?" I asked her quietly. She gave a small nod. I pulled away a little and kissed her forehead. She smiled at me weakly.

"I'm sorry," I said as I looked her in the eyes. She shook her head.

Don't be. It's just a very touchy subject. I should get over it. she wrote. I looked at the time and sighed.

"Want to come watch football practice?" I asked. She shrugged.

Why not? I have nothing better to do.

"Dakota, I gotta go and Alyssa is coming with you coming?" I asked him as I entered the kitchen.

"Sure, I'll enjoy watching someone fail," Dakota smirked.

"I'm not going to fail, I'm the reason our school is 3 years in the role play off champions," I said.

"Sureeeeeeeeee," Dakota said leaving the kitchen.

"And you're friends with him, why?" I asked Alyssa as I grabbed my phone.

Some days I wonder, she wrote and grinned. I laughed then look to see whose phone call I missed.

"It was coach,I should call him back," I said. She nodded and I dialed his number.

"Your dad told me about your marriage Wheeler," Coach said on the third ring.

"And?" I asked him as I lead Alyssa to my mustang.

"You don't have to come to practice, get to know Alyssa. But you better win us the game tomorrow," Coach said sternly.

"I will Coach, and I think we are going to be at practice," I said to him.

"Are you sure?" Coach asked.

"Pretty sure. She has nothing better and supposedly her friend wants to see me fail," I said.

"Is she going to be a distraction?" Coach asked.

"No sir," I answered respectfully.

"Then she is more than welcome to come, her friend also," he said.

"Okay, see you soon Coach," I said.

"Bye," he said then hung up.

"My coach knows about us," I told Alyssa. Alyssa's eyes widened.

"It's okay," I said opening her door for her.

Is he going to say anything? she asked.

"I have no clue, guess we find out at practice," I said running over to the driver's side.

Where's Dakota? she asked.

"Here!" he said from the back seat.

When did you get there? Alyssa asked turning around,

"About a minute before you come outside," he said.

Alright then, she said. I laughed and started my mustang and started back to the school. We didn't even get down the street when Alyssa started to play with the radio

"Wow," I said. Alyssa turned to me and raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I said as we arrived at school. Alyssa got out of the car after I parked it and looked at me again with her eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked running over to the gym.

What was the wow for? she asked.

"How quick it took you to change the station," I answered.

It's not my fault you listen to crappy music, she replied sticking her tongue out at me.

"I do not!" I said defending my type of music and motioned for her to wait while i change. I ran into the change room where the team was already changing.

"Dude, what took so long?" Matt asked.

"I was with you know who," I replied quietly,

"Who?" one of my other teammates asked.

"No one," I replied.

"That is no way to talk about her," Coach said. I walked up to Coach.

" No one is supposed to know, only our closest friends and family, " quietly said

"Oh okay," he whispered.

"She's outside with her friend. I have to finish changing so I can see her before we start," I said quietly.

"Okay and when do you plan on telling everyone?" he asked.

"We haven't talked about that yet. We're going to do it tonight," I replied.

"Oh," he said as I turned to walk away. I quickly finished getting changed and ran outside.

"Hey," I said running up to her. She smiled and waved.

"Forgive me for my stupidity?" I asked. She smirked and shrugged her shoulders.

"I certainly wont," Dakota smirked. I looked at him.

"I don't care if you don't forgive me," I said.

"Ouch, that seriously hurts dude," Dakota said with fake hurt and Alyssa laughed.

"Wheeler, practice time," Coach yelled from the gym exit.

"Coming," I yelled back to him.

"I'll see you in the bleachers?" I asked Alyssa. She nodded and I ran over to my team.

"Dude what's Alyssa doing here? Why are you even talking to her?" someone asked.

"It doesn't matter to you," I said looking at him.

"Enough, let's get started," Coach said.

"Yes coach," we all said. We started running through the drills. I couldn't help but keep glancing over at Alyssa.

"Wheeler, focus!" Coach yelled. I turned my head towards where I was going and I tripped.

"Wheeler, go home!" Coach yelled at me.

"But coach," I said.

"But nothing as long as you win us the game tomorrow night," he answered. I sighed.

"Yes coach," I said.

"That a boy now go change out and leave," he said.

"I'm really sorry coach," I said quietly.

"It is okay, Wheeler," he said as I went to the bleachers to get Alyssa. I saw Alyssa and she came running down the bleachers to meet me.

"Hey sweetie," I whispered as she jumped towards me. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"What? Don't give me that look," I said as i set her down.

"Sweetie?" Dakota asked.

"It's my way of saying that you are sweet and nice," I informed them.

"Uh huh," Dakota said trying not to laugh.

Why aren't you practicing? Alyssa asked.

"Coach wants me to get to know you better and I wasn't focused at practice today," I said as I went into the gym with her and Dakota following me towards the locker room.

"That trip was pretty nice though,"Dakota laughed.

"Well, I was a little distracted..." I said as I motioned for Alyssa to wait.

"By who?" Dakota asked fallowing me.

"Well if it wasn't you and it wasn't any of my teammates or my coach who does that leave?" I asked him as I quickly changed.

"Awe, you like her," Dakota said.

"Duh," I said.

"Are you going to tell her?" Dakota asked.

"Now how should I do that?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'm sure you'll think of something," he replied.

"I want to start out with friends first, I mean I was a jerk," I said.

"Yea, a pretty big one so she tells me," he said leaning on a locker.

"So what should I do then?" I asked.

"I don't know. Take her out to dinner, take her on walks. Just spend time with her. See if you can get her to talk, it's been 8 years almost," he replied.

"Okay, so you don't know why she doesn't talk?" I asked as I walked out of the locker room.

"No, only her parents do," Dakota replied. I nodded and saw her just standing where i left her.

"You're lucky to have her you know," Dakota said quietly.

"Yeah, I know," I said running to her. I picked her up by the waist and threw her over my shoulder. I carried her to the mustang and laughed. She started laughing and pounding on my back with her small fists.

"What?" I asked innocently. Dakota laughed.

"You should totally see her face right now," he said.

"Really? What does it look like?" I asked as my phone rung.

"Awe, she has this big smile on her face, and her cheeks are all red. Awwwe Lyssa," Dakota said cooing at her. I set her down and opened the door for her. Alyssa smiled at me and then climbed in the car.

"You really are red," I said running to the driver's side.

"Awwwwwwwwe," Dakota cooed. I got in started the car and reached for her hand ignoring my ringing phone.

Shouldn't you answer that? she asked. I sighed and grabbed my phone and saw that it was my mom.

"Hi mom," I said answering it.

"Hey son, where are you?" she asked.

"At the school with Alyssa, why?" I asked.

"Because we have dinner tonight with her parents remember?" she asked.

"Yea I remembered, but it's like only 4:30 mom," I said.

"I know just wanted to make sure you remembered, bye," she said hanging up.

"Alright then," I said taking my phone away from my ear. I set my phone down and reached for Alyssa's hand again. Alyssa gave me her hand slowly and I laced our fingers together.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"I'm hungry," Dakota whined.

"Do you want to eat?" I asked Alyssa.

Aren't we going to your house for dinner? she asked.

"Yeah, we could just get a snack since Dakota is hungry," I said.

It doesn't matter to me, I'm not very hungry, she said.

"Then we will stop and get Dakota food and then go to the park," I said playing with her hand. She nodded and smiled at me. I put the car and reverse and left the school and went to the coffee shop. I pulled into the parking lot and turned off my car.

"Go get your two doughnuts," I said to Dakota handing him the money.

"YES!" he shouted taking the money and jumping out of the car. I shook my head as I watched him run into the shop. Alyssa laughed. I turned to face her. Alyssa looked at me and smiled. Alyssa looked at me and smiled.

"Anywhere you like to go?" I asked. She shook her head.

I don't have anywhere in mind. You know, I kind of like this. You know, us not treating each other like crap, she said.

"Me too," I told her with a smile. She smiled back at me.

"I hope to gain your trust, please forgive me for my past mistakes," I told her. She sighed.

It'll take a while, but I'm sure in time I can forgive you. she wrote. I smiled.

"I'm okay with that, I will take it slow and we can start out with being friends," I said.

I'd like that. The friends part, she said.

"Just inform me when you're ready for the next step," I said as I heard a door open.

I will, she said.

"So to the park?" Dakota asked.

"Sure," I said smiling at Alyssa. I went to the park that we were at yesterday and parked and got out.

"Race you to the swings," I said. She giggled and took off running.

"HEY! I HAVE TO EAT MY DOUGHNUTS! NO RUNNING!" Dakota yelled.

"I'm not racing you, I'm racing her," I said to him running faster. Alyssa was laughing as she ran. I smiled and looked at her as she beat me to the swings.

"I let you win," I said when I got to her.

Sure you did, she wrote.

"I did. It wouldn't be gentlemen like of me to beat you," I said smirking. Dakota walked over to us and laughed at me. She snorted. If you say so bud.

"Thanks y'all," I said picking her up again and spinning her.

"Oh you're welcome man," Dakota said sitting on a swing. I smiled as she laughed. I set her down on the ground and she smiled. I heard my phone go off and looked at it and saw I had a text from Matt.

'Dude, where'd you go?' he asked.

'Coach knows about Alyssa and I, he wants me to get to know her,' I texted.

Matt knows? Alyssa asked.

"Yeah he kept talking about it during first period today when he saw me texting you," I answered her.

He isn't going to tell anyone is he? she asked.

"He won't, I promise, and if he does I'll take care of it okay?" I asked. She bit her lip and nodded.

"It's okay," I said reaching for her hand.

I'm just worried. I'm not the school's most favorite person you know, she said.

"Don't worry what they think about you, they don't matter," I said.

But they're going to judge me. They're going to take away your popularity, she said,''

"I don't care, I'd rather be with you then have popularity," I said.

But you hardly know me, she said.

"I can get to know you," I told her.

Why would you want a girlfriend or a friend that doesn't talk? she asked.

"This way is cool not everyone knows what we are talking about until I talk," I said with a smile.

But wont they clue in? she asked

"Yeah but I could always write or maybe one day you'll feel comfortable to talk again," I said quietly.

I don't think that will happen Chad. I made a vow and I tend on keeping it, she said. I sighed.

"One can hope right?" I asked.

I guess so, she said biting her lip.

"So what's on your mind?" I asked looking at her.

If I should tell you why or not, she said honestly. I smiled.

"I'm not going to push you, tell me at your pace, I don't want you to feel that you must," I said and Dakota laughed. Alyssa raised her eyebrow at him.

"Sorry I felt forgotten, so I laughed," Dakota said.

"You're so weird," I stated.

"Yup, and Alyssa when do I get to know the reason my BEST friend is a mute?" He asked.

When I'm ready, tard. she said.

"Very nice," I told her sitting on the ground. Alyssa sat down on my legs. I smiled.

"Comfy?" I asked. She nodded at me. I wrapped my arms around her and smiled bigger.

"You two make such a cute couple," Dakota cooed.

"Shhh... you'll ruin the moment," I said. Alyssa giggled. I looked at her and kissed her cheek. Alyssa stopped giggling and her cheeks turned red. I leaned back onto my elbows.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Dakota shouted.

"Dakota, I will kidnap her and leave you here if you don't stop," I said. Alyssa laughed.

"But you wouldn't do that," Dakota said.

"Bet me," I said.

"Fine," Dakota said. I smirked.

"Believe me now?" I asked.

"Not really," he replied.

"Should I leave him?" I asked quietly into Alyssa's ear. She shrugged. I laughed.

"It's up to you," I whispered.

It would be kind of mean, she said. I sighed.

"Okay," I said and pulled her to me.She smiled at me.

I never said we shouldn't do it, she said.

"Do you want to?" I whispered into her ear. She gave short nod. I picked her up and ran to the mustang. She started to laugh uncontrollably. I quickly opened her door and put her in her seat.

"HEY!" Dakota yelled after us. I closed her door and ran to my side and jumped in and closed my door.

"YOU GUYSSSSS!!!!" Dakota yelled. I locked the doors and started the car.

"CHAD! YOU JERK!" Dakota yelled as he got closer to the car. I laughed and pointed to Alyssa and mouthed I only asked she wanted to.

"YOU'RE BOTH JERKS!" Dakota yelled. I laughed.

"Want to let him in or continue leaving?" I asked. She waved her hand in a forward direction. I took that as to continue leave so I backed up and started leaving.

"WHAT THE HECK?" Dakota yelled. I looked at her.

"I think he learned I will leave," I said. Alyssa laughed and nodded.

"Should I stop and let him get in and take him home?" I asked.

I would, she replied. I stopped the car and rolled down the window.

"Want a ride home?" I asked.

"DUH!" Dakota shouted.

"Jump in before I change my mind," I said as I unlocked the doors.

"You two are made for each other," Dakota mumbled. I smiled and grabbed her hand. Alyssa smiled back at me.

"Directions?" I asked Dakota.

"Just drive straight until you get to the school," he said. I nodded and drove to the school.

"Pull in the parking lot," Dakota said. I nodded and pulled into the parking lot and stopped. Dakota got out of the car.

"Have fun," he said and walked across the street from the school. I shook my head.

"So it is 5:30 and dinner is at 6:30, what you want to do?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Anywhere special?" I asked her while rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb.

Not that I know of, she said.

"Okay, well I'm going to call my mom and see if she needs anything," I said reaching for my phone.

You do that, she said. I dialed my mom's number.

"Hello sweetie," she answered.

"Do you need anything for dinner?" I asked her.

"No, we have everything dear,' she replied.

"Okay, I'm trying to figure out how Alyssa and I can kill some time," I told her.

"Where are you now?" she asked.

"School's parking lot just dropped her friend Dakota off," I answered.

"Did you ask her where she wanted to go?" my mom asked.

"Yes, I did she doesn't care," I said.

"Why don't you take her home so she can get ready for tonight?" she asked.

"Okay, I'll be home soon," I said hanging up the phone. Alyssa looked at me.

"My mom suggest that I take you home so that you can get ready for dinner," I said. Alyssa nodded.

"Would you like that?" I asked as I headed to exit the school's parking lot.

Not really, I'd be doing nothing for an hour as it'll only take me ten minutes to get ready, she replied.

"Okay then what shall we do for 45 minutes?" I asked.

I don't know, we can always go somewhere and talk, she suggested. I smiled and thought of the perfect place and begin driving to my secret spot. Alyssa raised her eyebrow at my smile.

"I thought of the perfect place to go," I said. She nodded. I drove quickly to the hidden spot by the lake.

"This is where I come to think sometimes," I said as I pulled up and turned off the car.

I feel special that you'd bring me here, she told me.

"Your the only person I've brought here," I said with a smile. She smiled at me as I helped her out

"If we can stay long enough we can see the sunset," I said. She shrugged and I sat down in the grass. I heard a small 'Oomf' come from her as she sat down. I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her.

You smell good, she said

"Thanks," I said.

You're welcome, she said. I pulled her closer and started to think about tonight's dinner. Alyssa sighed in contentment.

"What's your outfit for tonight look like?" I asked.

I don't know yet. Why? she asked.

"Just wondering," I answered rubbing her stomach.

Did you want to match or something? she teased and giggled as I rubbed her stomach.

"Maybe," I answered as I rubbed her stomach more. She giggled more.

STOP! I'm ticklish. she said. I stopped.

"Fine," I said as my phone went off.

"Hello?" I asked answering it.

"Hey, where are you?" my mother asked.

"At the lake," I replied.

"Dinner in 30 minutes don't be late, I mean it," she said.

"We wont. I have to take her home first," I said.

"Okay, if you want you can drive her over here after she gets ready then get ready yourself," she said.

"Alright, I'll see you soon," I said. I hung up and sighed. Alyssa looked at me with her eye brow raised.

"My mom thinks that I'm going to allow us to be late to dinner," I told her.

I should go home to get ready, she said standing up. I pouted and got up.

"I'll wait for you outside and take you over to my place," I informed her.

You can wait in the house you know, my puppy wont eat your face you know she smirked.

"Okay, just to warn you I have a big dog but she'll be locked up in my room so she won't tackle you," I said.

I love dogs. What kind of breed is she? Alyssa asked.

"Wolf hybrid," I answered.

Awe! I have an Australian Shepard. He's the sweetest thing in the world, she said. I smiled and drove her home. We got into her driveway and she got out of the car. I got out and followed her. Alyssa opened her front door and whistled. I saw a cute Australian Shepard come running.

This is Pumpernickle, she said scratching the puppy's head.

"Awe," I said petting the puppy. Pumpernickle licked my hand.

"You want to get ready?" I asked.

I should, she replied.

"I'll be fine here with Pumpernickle," I said. She nodded and walked up the stairs to her room. I pet Pumpernickle on the head as I wait. Pumpernickle jumped down and started to run around chasing his tail. I laughed at him. He stopped spinning and walked into a wall.

"Um.. are you okay Pumpernickle?" I asked. He shook his head and barked. I heard Alyssa's footsteps coming down the stairs.

Is this too much? she asked walking up to me.

"Nope, now how can I match," I said with a playful smile.

You're going to wear purple? she asked.

"I will," I said.

That's sweet but you don't have too, she said.

"I want to," I said. Alyssa smiled. I smiled back at her.

Shall we go? she asked. I nodded and led her to my car.

"I should have told you a minute ago, but you look beautiful," I said. She blushed.

thank you she said.

"You're welcome," I said smiling. I drove to my house. I got out of the car and went to open her door. I helped her out and led her to the front door.

"Mom, Dad?" I called.

"In here," my mom called.

"You go mingle, I'll be right down," I said kissing Alyssa's cheek and running up the stairs. she nodded. I ran upstairs and hunted for my purple shirt. I smirked when I found it hanging in my closet with my purple tie. I looked around and found my pants to go with it and then my fedora. I changed quickly and ran back down stairs. I slowed down as I approached where my mom and dad and now Alyssa were.

"Awe, how adorable. You both match," my mom cooed. I blushed and then heard Pandora, my wolf hybrid, start whining.

"Pandora, enough!" my dad called.

"Can I bring her out later after dinner?" I asked.

"Are you alright with dogs Alyssa?" my mom asked. Alyssa looked at me for help since she doesn't talk.

"Yea she is. I met her puppy Pumpernickle," I answered for her. My mom looked at me. Alyssa looked between us.

I don't talk out loud Alyssa wrote on a piece of paper she found.

"We know dear. My son could have been more polite about it," my mom said. I looked down.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I sat down on the couch by Alyssa. Alyssa put her hand on my arm and smiled. I smiled at her and fight the urge to move her to my lap.

"Alright, well dinner is ready," my mother said. I smiled and got up then help Alyssa up.

"Where are Alyssa's parents?" I asked.

"They can't make it tonight, so tomorrow night you are going to Alyssa's to have dinner," my mom replied.

"Mom, I have a game tomorrow," I said.

"After your game of course," she said. I nodded.

"Are you going to come?" I asked Alyssa.

If you want me too. I don't want you to trip again, she giggled.

"Hey now, I won't be distracted on game night," I said.

Surrrrrrrrrreeeeeee she said. I faked hurt.

"Have faith in me please," I said.

"We all know that your going to win the game son," my dad said.

"Thanks dad, so what are we discussing tonight?" I asked.

"Mostly just minor things, but the number one thing on the list is the date," my mom replied. I looked at Alyssa.

"When do you want it?" I asked.

I've always wanted a Spring wedding, she replied handing me the paper.

"Alyssa would like a Spring wedding," I said to my parents.

"How about Easter weekend?" my mom asked us. I looked at her and she nodded.

"Sounds like a plan to me," I said smiling at Alyssa.

"Now we need to do an engagement party soon so when do y'all want to have it?" my dad asked. Alyssa froze.

"You mean, with people from school?" I asked.

"Yes and both families," my dad answered.

Do we have to have people from school? Alyssa asked.

"Not everyone but we need some people," my mom said.

"Can we just have our closet friends? We don't want everyone to know yet," I said.

"They are going to find out sooner or later might as well tell them all at once," my dad said.

Please Mr. Wheeler, can't we wait? I'm not the most favorite girl at school, Alyssa said. My dad sighed.

"I'll talk to your parents about it, okay?" he asked. Alyssa let out a breath.

Alright, thank you, she said. I grabbed her hand and squeezed.

"What next?" I asked. Alyssa squeezed back as she ate her salad. I smiled and ate my salad.

"We'll start easy, what about colors?" my mom asked. I looked at Alyssa and thought of the colors I wanted. Alyssa let go of my hand and pointed to my shirt.

"Purple is one of them, What about silver?" I asked her. She stuck her tongue out.

"Is that a yes?" I asked her. She shook her head no.

"Purple and what other color then?" I asked her.

I like the sound of purple and yellow, she replied.

"Okay so purple and yellow," I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Next question," I said.

"Flowers," my mom said. I looked at Alyssa.

"What are your favorite kind?" I asked.

Roses, it doesn't matter the color, she replied.

"Yellow Roses means friendship I want some of them, and some red ones," I said with a smile

"Are you sure the red would match with the purple and yellow?" my mom asked.

"Well they can stand out they symbol love don't they?" I asked.

What about yellow with red tips? It means falling in love, or friendship, Alyssa said.

"That works," I said with a smile. Alyssa smiled.

"How should we do the vows?" I asked.

"I think you two should make up your own vows. something that comes from the heart," my mom replied. I nodded.

"Agreed," I said. Alyssa nodded.

"Dad, your opinion?" I asked.

"On?" he asked finishing up his salad.

"Everything we discussed, you haven't said much," I said.

"I just think you two are a little young to be married. Engaged sure. But actually married? It's tough work," he said,

"Y'all are the ones that arranged it," I said.

"I know that son, I just didn't think we would be going so fast with this," he said.

"I'm kinda glad y'all are, Alyssa and I wouldn't be talking if it wasn't for y'all," I said.

"Alyssa's mother did say often that you two didn't like each other," my mom said.

"That's my bad," I mumbled.

"Why Chad?" my dad asked.

"I was being a typical guy and was mean to the girl, I like," I mumbled again. Alyssa dropped her fork.

"What?" I asked her.

You like me? she asked. I nodded my head.

"I thought it was obvious," I whispered.

Not to me at least Alyssa said.

"Well Dakota figured it out," I said as my parents coughed. The two of us looked at my parents.

"We still got wedding details to figure out," they said at the same time.

"We have good 6 months. My fiancee just found out I like her," I said.

"Then tomorrow night y'all discuss wedding details," my mom said.

What are we going to do tonight then? Alyssa asked.

"We can get to know you and you can get to know us," my mom answered. Alyssa nodded and smiled. I grabbed Alyssa's hand and smiled at her. She smiled back at me,

"Ask away," I told Alyssa.

I don't know what to ask, she replied shyly.

"Ask anything," I said squeezing her hand softly.

You're no help, she said rolling her eyes.

"No one said I was helpful," I said.

"You should be helpful," my mom scolded.

"I know," I answered looking down. Alyssa giggled. I smiled at her then looked at my mom. My mom smiled at me.

"Do you have any questions for her?" I asked. My mom shook her head.

"Dad, do you have any?" I asked as I pulled Alyssa to me. My dad shook his head and went back to his dinner.

"Well then Alyssa, if they don't have anymore questions after dinner, do you want to go home or back to the spot?" I asked.

"How about you finish eating first," my mother said.

"I was going to, I asked her if she wanted to after dinner mom," I said.

"Excuse your mother, her hearings going," my dad said causing my mom to hit him upside the head and Alyssa laughed.

"Alyssa, let's eat and go before they go crazy," I said with a smile. Alyssa smiled back and nodded. I quickly ate my food and waited for Alyssa. Alyssa finished up and smiled at me.

"Ready?" I asked. She nodded. I reached for her hand and started to get up. She stood up and smiled at my parents.

"Nice meeting you, Alyssa," my mom said. Alyssa pointed at my mom then held up two fingers.

"I'll be back later," I said hoping they didn't catch the fact I didn't say a time.

"Be back by 10," my mom said.

"11?" I asked.

"10," my dad said.

"10:30?" I asked.

"No, 10," my mom said.

"Yes ma'am," I said starting to lead Alyssa to the front door.

Momma's boy, Alyssa giggled.

"Hey now you haven't seen my mom when I argue," I said opening the front door.

Mhm, I'm sure you don't say ma'am when you do, she said. I sighed and led her to the car.

Your parents are nice, she said when we got to the car.

"Thanks. So tomorrow night game then your house you coming to the game or not?" I asked.

I wasn't planning on it, but I can if you want me too. I can rag Dakota so I'm not lonley, she replied.

"My parents will be there if you want to you can sit with them," I said.

Wouldn't people suspect something? she asked.

"Let them, I don't care, I'll protect you," I said. She smiled at me.

"Not lying," I said.

I know, she said.

"So would you like to do that and just plan an engagement party soon?" I asked.

Sure, that could work, she replied.

"Shall I tell my parents to start getting things for the engagement party?" I asked.

If you want too, she replied. I grabbed my phone and called my mom.

"Yes sweetie?" she asked.

"Alyssa and I were talking and we decided that she'd hang out with y'all at the game and then we plan a engagement party," I said as I drove to the lake spot.

"Alright, that sounds fine," she said.

"How long do we have before we need to have the engagement party?" I asked.

"Well the wedding is in 6 months, so soon," she replied.

"How soon is soon?" I asked.

"About a month or so" she replied.

"Okay, well I am at my lake spot so I'll be home at 10," I said.

"Alright," my mom said. I hung up my cell and looked at Alyssa.

"So, we have a month or so to plan our engagement party," I said.

A month? she asked.

"Yes ma'am," I said.

Ew, don't call me ma'am, makes me feel old. she said sticking her tongue out.

"Okay and careful I might bite your tongue if you keep sticking it out at me," I said.

You wouldn't, she said.

"I would but I would be gentle with you," I said.

I don't think you would do it,, she said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Then stick your tongue out again," I said. She stuck her tongue out at me. I quickly moved to bite her tongue. She covered her tongue with her hands.I frowned.

"But but but..." I said.

But what? she asked.

"I told you if you stuck your tongue out at me again that I'd bite it but you have your hands in my way," I said.

But that's the point, she said.

"I'm just sad now," I said pouting.

Awe muffin, she teased. I pouted more.

Your such a baby, she said.

"Just around you," I said grabbing her hand.

What about your past girlfriends? she asked.

"Never," I said truthfully.

Really? she asked.

"Yeah, they weren't you," I said.

What do you mean they weren't me? They prettier then me, skinnier then me. Most of them were all out model like, she said.

"The ONLY reason I even dated them is to try to make you jealous and make you want me. I was just an idiot," I said.

So you became a ladies' man to make me jealous? she asked.

"Pretty much," I said.

Would I get an STD from you?Or some other sexual transmitted stuff? she asked.

"Nope," I said.

Does out secret relationship mean that your still going to treat me like crap at school? she asked.

"No, I'm not going to treat you like crap at school and I'd tell the world that we are dating but you over there don't want me to tell anyone," I said.

Don't you realize how much this is going to effect your popularity? I'm not the most liked person in the world at that school. Most of my old friends don't even acknowledge me anymore, she said.

"Do you not realize that I don't care and its not that they don't like you it's that you don't talk, which throws people off," I said.

They don't like me because I don't talk. They hate the fact that I can't talk on the phone. If my brother was still here then I would be talking to this day, she said, her hand shaking.

"What do you mean if your brother was still here?" I asked quietly.

My brother was killed on our tenth birthday, after that day I vowed never to talk again, she said. I pulled her into a hug.

"I don't know what to say," I whispered.

You and my parents are the only ones that know. Not even Dakota knows. Keep it to yourself, or I'll murder you, she said. I nodded.

"I promise you, I will you have my guarantee that I won't tell a soul," I said.

Thank you, she said.

"You're welcome," I answered leaning in for a kiss. She put her finger tips against my lips.

You just broke up with your girlfriend, I don't want to catch a disease Stacie has, she said. I pouted.

"How long do I have to wait?" I asked.

Until I'm ready. You'd be my first kiss, she said.

"Really?" I asked her not believing that. She nodded shyly.

"Wow," I said and glanced at the time.

We should go, you have to be home soon, she said looking at my watch. I nodded sadly and started the car again.

This was nice though, she said before I started driving. I smiled at her.

"That it was," I said as I started driving. The drive to her house was silent. I sighed as we pulled up to her house and I got out and ran to her side and opened her door. She smiled at me. I helped her out and walked her to the door.

"So how many more days til I see your pretty face back at school?" I asked.

The day after tomorrow she replied.

"You mean Monday seeing how tomorrow is Friday?" I asked

That too, she giggled.

"See you after the game?" I asked looking at her.

If you want too, she replied.

"Well one I want you there and two I have a dinner date at your house with you and your parents," I said.

Oh, yea, I forgot about dinner tomorrow, she said with a blush. I looked down at her and sighed. She looked at me.

"Just one kiss?" I asked. She sighed.

If I say no will you keep bugging me? she asked.

"Yes," I said.

Just one? she asked.

"We can start with one," I said. She sighed again.

Fine, she said. I leaned down slowly. She leaned up. I softly kissed her lips. She kissed me back. I smiled into the kiss. I felt her smile too. I started to pull away. She pulled away also.

"So how was your first kiss?" I asked.

I could get used to this, she replied smiling.

"Really?" I asked with a smile. She nodded.

"Well then, I know how I'm waking you up in the mornings," I said with a smile. She giggled. I hugged her as her dad opened the door.

"I thought I heard someone talking," her dad said.

"Sorry sir," I said.

"It's alright son," he said.

"Are y'all going to the game tomorrow, sir?" I asked him.

"We were going to go if Alyssa was going," he replied.

'Well Alyssa, you don't have to sit with my parents now if you do go or y'all all can sit with them," I said.

"I'm sure we can all sit with your parents, Chad," her dad said. I nodded.

"So Alyssa, are you coming?" I asked.

I said I would didn't I? she asked.

"Oh yeah," I said with a laugh. I looked at my watch.

"I got to go," I said with a sigh.

I'll see you at the game, Alyssa said smiling.

"Can we start announcing our relationship?" I asked.

Can we wait until after the game? she asked.

"Yeah," I said with a smile on my face and started walking backwards towards my car.

"Alyssa says good night Chad," her dad called.

"Good night, Alyssa," I called back. She smiled and waved. I waved then blew her a kiss. She caught it and pretended to put it in her pocket. I sighed as I heard my phone go off from inside my car.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, its Matt," my best friend said.

"Hey," I said as I started up the car.

"So how was the dinner with Alyssa?" he asked.

"It was actually pretty good. I admitted to her that I liked her," I replied.

"Bout time, so how did she react?" I asked.

"She couldn't stop smiling. Dude you should have seen her, she looked beautiful," I said smiling at the memory.

"Awe, so what did y'all talk about over dinner?" he asked.

"Wedding stuff," I replied.

"Fun, so ready for the game tomorrow night?" he asked.

"Of course. Alyssa's coming," I replied.

"Do I get to officially meet her?" he asked.

"Sure, if she wants to meet you," I replied.

"Well when you get a chance will you ask her?" he asked as I pulled into my driveway.

"I could," I replied. I looked at the clock and smiled I had 10 minutes to spare.

"You're not going to ask her are you?" Matt asked.

"Probably not, seeing how we are having an engagement party in a month or so," I said.

"Is she ok with this party?" he asked.

"As much as she can be, we have a surprise for everyone tomorrow," I said walking inside.

"That being?" he asked.

"You'll see tomorrow night," I said as my mom looked at me.

"Alright man, if you say so," he said.

"Hey I gotta go mom is looking at me oddly," I told him as I gave my mom a questioning look.

"Ok dude, I'll see you tomorrow," Matt said. I hung up the phone and waited for my mom to answer me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's taking me so long to update my stories towards the end of my summer I got a boyfriend and then some drama happen promise they'll be better OH and thanks to Lexie123 for helping me

Alyssa's outifit
Chad's outfit