I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

That's a huge rock.

“He seems to like you a lot baby girl,” my dad said as we walked into the house.

“How was dinner?” mommy asked.

It was amazing mommy, I wrote with a smile on my face.

“That’s great sweetie,” mommy said.

I nodded and turned to go up the stairs.

“Good night sweetheart,” my parents called.

I continued up the stairs to me room where I closed the door and put on my pjs.

I put my clothes in the hamper and put my clutch on my bedside table.

I crawled into bed with Pumpernickel. My puppy snuggled into me and licked my face.

I was going to roll over to turn off the light when my phone went off from my purse.

I took my phone out of my purse and saw I had a text message from Chad.

‘Good night pretty lady, xox’ was the text.

I smiled to myself. ‘Good night cheese ball, xox,’ I texted back.

‘You love my cheeseyness,’ Chad said. I giggled.

Wait...I giggled? How hard am I falling for him? I can’t be falling too hard. He is a ladies’ man. Charming girls is what he does best.

‘Of course I do,’ I texted him back then put my phone on my bedside table.

I lay back in bed staring at the ceiling. I can’t be falling for him. He’s just going to break my heart.

Why does he want me at the game so bad? I hope to God he doesn’t plan on telling the entire school about our relationship. I will seriously kill him if he is planning that.

I rolled over on my side and looked at Pumpernickel. The puppy looked at me and tilted his head to the side with his ears perked up. I sighed and scratched his small head.

Pumpernickel licked my arm and curled into my side. Finally I fell asleep.

The next day I woke up around noon. I rolled over and looked at the clock.

SHIT! I’m going to be late for the game. The game starts at 1. I should have enough time to shower and be there on time.

I jumped out of bed and ran for the shower. I quickly did what I had to do and got out of the shower.

I put on my clothes and just threw my hair in a pony tail.

I grabbed my Reptar backpack and threw my wallet, phone, iPod, my notebook, a pen, dog treats, and a plastic bag into it before zipping it up before throwing it over my shoulder.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs and into the kitchen. Pumpernickel was laying by his food bowl and jumped up when I ran in.

I threw a couple water bottles in my backpack along with an apple and a bag of cookies.

I whistled for Pumpernickel and he followed me to the front door. I grabbed one of his rope toys and a ball and put them in my bag then clipped on his leash.

I opened the front door and Pumpernickel ran outside with me right behind him. I locked the door and walked to my truck.

I opened the passenger side door and picked up my puppy and put him inside.

I closed the door and went over to the driver’s side and got in. I started the truck and backed out of the drive way.

Pumpernickel curled up on the seat and laid there until I pulled into the school parking lot.

People were already on the bleachers. I could see my parents from here.

I picked up Pumpernickel and got out of the truck. I put him on the ground and locked my truck.

I walked over to the bleachers and saw my parents. My parents waved at me when they saw me with Pumpernickel.

I waved back at them and glanced at the couple sitting beside them. It was Chad’s parents

I saw Chad’s mom say something to my mom causing my mom to smile.

I walked up the steps with Pumpernickel leading me.

Mr. Wheeler was holding the leash of Pandora, wow, she is big.

Pumpernickel got to my dad and jumped on his lap.

“Hey buddy,” my dad said as Pumpernickel licked his face.

“Hi Alyssa,” Mrs. Wheeler said. I waved at her.

“Chad just came up looking for you, he said you weren’t answering his texts,” Mrs. Wheeler said.

I handed my dad the leash and dug in my backpack for my pen and notebook.

I didn’t wake up till noon. I didn’t have a chance to check my phone. I thought I was going to be late, I explained.

“Well, I think you should text him. He’s worried about you,” Mrs. Wheeler said.

I nodded and dug in my backpack for my phone.

I turned it on and found out I had 10 missed calls and about 30 text messages all from Chad.

“I told you he was worry about you,” Mrs. Wheeler said.

I smiled and opened one of the many text messages he sent me.

‘Alyssa Duke, why the hell aren’t you answering me? I’m worried sick about you. ‘

I sighed and replied to him finally.

‘I didn’t wake up till noon; I didn’t have a chance to turn on my phone until I got here. I’m a big girl, there’s no reason to worry about me.’

About a minute or two later I got a text back from Chad.

‘I thought something happened to you. When I’m not around to protect you I get worried.’

I sighed and replied, ‘You don’t need to protect me. I’m a big girl Chad. Just focus on the game. We don’t need you tripping like you did yesterday.’

‘Alright. I’ll look for you in the stands. I also have a surprise for you after the game,’ Chad said.

I groaned and my daddy looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I looked at him and shook my head.

‘I don’t like surprises....’

‘I know, but you might like this one,’ Chad said.

I was about to text back but the teams started to rush out on to the field.

When Chad came out onto the field half the people in the stands stood up and started shouting. I stood up and clapped with everyone else.

Chad looked around in the stands and waved when his eyes met mine his face broke out into a smile around his blue mouth guard.

I smiled back at him and waved. His smile widened and he turned to join his team.

The game was actually really exciting; I never knew that football was so interesting. I should come to these things more often.

The game was almost over and the Ducks were in the lead. He did promise he wouldn’t trip and so far he kept that promise. Chad really is the best quarterback the school has ever had.

I was on the edge of my seat as Matt Johnson made his way down the field with the ball.

That did it. Matt got us the winning touchdown.

Every Ducks fan on the bleachers stood up and cheered their hearts out.

Everyone on the team dog piled on Matt and all the fans made their way on to the field.

Daddy gave me Pumpernickel’s leash and I picked up my backpack and my puppy. My parents, Chad’s parents and I made our way to the field to see Chad.

I handed Pumpernickel to my mom as Chad came running up to us sweat and all.

I smiled when he came closer to us.

Chad ran right at me a pick me up. I laughed as he spun me around in circles. After Chad put me down he put his lips against mine in a kiss.

“Wait for me, I have something for you,” Chad said when he pulled away.

I have to remember? You’re coming over to my house for dinner, I said after I got my note book and pen out of my bag.

“I’m not coming over till later. Apparently, I’m not going over till 7,” Chad said.

I raised my eyebrow at him. Should I ask why?

“I don’t know. I think it’s just so we can get all fancied up or something,” Chad replied.

Well, you do need a shower, I said.

“Awe, really? I thought you liked the smell of sweaty football players. I was going to make it into a perfume for you,” Chad said.

I hit his chest playfully and gave him that ‘You’re such a retard’ look.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m going to get out of my gear. I’ll be at your house around 7,” Chad said.

I nodded with a smile.

Chad smiled back at me a kissed my lips gently.

When we pulled away we both smiled at each other.

“Chad come on, your hurtin’ the girls’ nose with your stench,” Matt said coming over to us.

“Matt, shut up. Can’t you see we’re having a moment?” Chad asked.

“You can have a moment later, you smell,” Matt replied.

I laughed.

“Hey Alyssa,” Matt said.

I waved at him.

Was this your surprise? I asked Chad.

“No, Matt’s just being annoying. You’ll get your surprise when I get to your house,” Chad replied.

I nodded.

“I’ll see you later,” Chad said kissing my cheek.

I nodded with a smile and watched Chad and Matt head for the locker room.

“You ready sweetie?” my mom asked.

I nodded taking Pumpernickel from daddy and walked towards my truck.

When I got to my truck there was something on the windshield. It was a yellow rose with red tips. The type of flower Chad and I were talking about last night.

I picked it up from under the windshield wiper and held it up to my nose. It smelled really sweet.

I smiled and unlocked the truck. I put Pumpernickel inside then got inside myself.

Pumpernickel put his front paws on the window and barked at everything we passed.

I laughed at him as he got all excited.

We pulled into the drive way and parked the truck.

I grabbed Pumpernickel and my bag and got out of the truck.

I close the door and locked it. I put Pumpernickel down and jogged with him to the front door.

I opened the door and put the rose to my nose again.

“Who’s that from sweetie?” my mom asked.

I shrugged my shoulders with a smile.

“Chad is going to be here in two hours. Why don’t you go get ready and I’ll put this in a vase for you,” my mom said coming over to me.

I nodded and kissed her cheek as I handed her the rose.

I walked up stairs and went to my room. I closed the door and put my bag on the bed. I opened my bag and dug for my phone.

‘Thank you for the flower,’ I texted Chad.

‘How’d you know it was me?’ he asked.

‘I have my ways,’ I replied.

‘Haha, well, I’ll see you in two hours. Btw, what colour are you wearing tonight?’ Chad asked.

‘I’m not telling, :P’ I said.

‘Well, you’re no fun,’ he said.

‘Never said I was,’ I replied.

I didn’t read his text as I threw my phone on my bed and walked to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and dried off.

I walked back to my room and went to my closet. I smiled when I saw the perfect outfit .

I got dressed and put the jewellery on I wanted.

I towel dried my hair then plugged in the hair dryer and curling iron.

I picked up my hair dryer and brush and began to dry my hair.

After my hair was dry I began to curl my hair; soft curls that fell in loose ringlets around my head.

I smiled then applied some light make up and strawberry flavoured lip gloss.

I walked back into my room and slipped on my shoes.

I picked up my phone from my bed and smiled when I had a text from Chad.

‘Fine, if you won’t tell me what colour your wearing, then what’s your favourite colour?’

‘Light blue. I’ll see you in an hour,’ I texted back.

‘Alright pretty lady,’ he said.

I smiled and walked down stairs with my phone and notebook in hand.

“You look beautiful Alyssa,” Daddy said with a smile.

I smiled back at him and signed thank you.

“Your mothers in the kitchen. She would like your help with dinner,” daddy said.

I nodded and walked towards the kitchen.

I walked in and I was hit in the face with the smell of my mom’s homemade spaghetti sauce. My favourite.

My mom turned around when she heard me come into the kitchen.

“Well, someone wants to make an impression,” she teased.

I stuck my tongue out at her and walked to her side.

Daddy said you wanted my help?

“Yes, can you start on the salad? Then when you’re done that can you help with the garlic bread?” she asked.

I nodded and got the stuff I would need for the salad out of the fridge.

“It seems like Chad has taken a liking to you,” my mom said.

I shrugged my shoulders as I washed my hands.

“Amy said that Chad told you he liked you at dinner last night,” she said as I sat down at the kitchen table.

I shrugged again as I began to rip up the lettuce.

“Alyssa Marie, do you like this boy?” she asked turning to me with a spoon in her hand.
I rolled my eyes as if to say ‘I have no choice but too.’

“It’s better to like him then to hate him when you have to marry him,” my mom said.

I nodded as I continued to make the salad.

A while later when I was putting the garlic bread in the oven the door bell rang.

I straightened myself out while daddy got the door.

As I walked into the living room daddy was closing the door behind Chad.

He was dressed nicely.

I walked over to him and he pulled me into a hug.

You look nice in blue. You should wear it more often, I said.

“You look beautiful as always,” Chad said with a smile.

I tilted my head down hide my blush.

“Hello Chad,” my mom said coming into the room.

“Hi Mrs Duke,” Chad said with a smile.

“Oh call me Mary,” she said pulling Chad into a hug.

I chuckled to myself as Chad hugged my mom awkwardly.

“If you excuse me, there’s garlic bread in the oven,” my mom said then walking back into the kitchen.

“Alyssa, why don’t you show Chad the house, I’m sure he’d like that,” my mom called from the kitchen.

I looked at Chad.

“Yeah, I would like that,” he said.

I smiled and took the rose from the coffee table that my mom had put in a vase for me.

I motioned towards the stairs and Chad and I started to climb to the second level.

“The carpet doesn’t match the walls,” Chad said quietly.

I laughed, and nodded.

I stopped in front of a door and pointed in. Chad stopped beside me and looked in.

“Fish? That’s a cliché theme for a bathroom,” Chad pointed out.

I stuck my tongue out at him and continued down the hall.

I stopped at my parents’ bedroom.

“I like the print. Floral, very manly,” Chad teased.

I hit his chest playfully as we made our way further down the hall.

I stopped again at my daddy’s office and surprisingly Chad didn’t have anything to say about it.

As we continued down the hall we walked right passed a closed door. Well, at least I walked past a closed door.

“What room is this?” Chad asked.

I stopped and turned around.

That was Robbie’s room. We don’t go in there, it’s been locked for almost 8 years, I explained holding back tears.

Chad nodded and put an arm around my shoulders.

He steered me away from the room and we continued down the hall.

“Now, let me guess, Pumpernickel’s room?” Chad teased.

I laughed and shook my head.

“No? Well, then it must be your room,” Chad said.

I nodded as we walked in.

“Very you,” Chad said.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“I mean, it’s unique, just like you,” he explained with a grin.

I smiled at him.

“Is this Robbie?” he asked looking at a picture on my desk.

I nodded.

It was a picture of us at our 9th birthday party. We both had cake on our faces as we shoved it in each other’s face.

“You think Robbie would kick my ass for picking on you all these years?” Chad asked.

Oh probably, I said.

“I think this might be a good time for your surprise,” Chad said.

What do you mean?

“Well, since we’re getting married and all. I thought that I might as well do this properly,” Chad said pulling something out of his pocket.

I raised my eyebrow at him as he started to bend down on one knee in front of me.

Realization hit me as he opened a small box.

“Alyssa Duke, will you marry me?” Chad asked.

My heart sped up as his eyes held a playful spark.

It’s not like I have a choice, I said with a playful smile.

Chad laughed and stood up.

I smiled as he slid the huge diamond ring on my left ring finger.

Chad then looked into my eyes and put a hand on my cheek. I tried to fight the urge to lean into his hand, but it didn’t work out so well.

Chad smiled at me and leaned in closer to me.

I leaned closer to him.

Our lips almost touching.

Then.

“Kids, dinner!” my mom called from down stairs.

Chad and I sighed.

“There’s always later,” Chad said with a smile.

I nodded and took his hand as we walked out of my room and down stairs to where my parents were.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY IT"S DONE!!!!!!!
I'm really sorry for the months delay.
There's just been some really bad family issues.
Like really really really bad.

SOOOOO!!!!! I made it really long for you to make up for the really long delay.
Remember comments make us write faster :D
Just sayin :D

Alright, it's passed my bed time :P
Nighty night. :D
This authors note is brought to you by:
Lexie123
Aka Alex :D