Status: working on it :)

Love Is A Luxury

5

“Holy shit.” I said when I saw the mess before my eyes. Clothes, mattresses, CDs, towels, bathing suits, shoes, and other things were scattered all over my apartment floor.

“Oh hey baby!” John said enthusiastically, pulling me in for a kiss. He was acting as if nothing was wrong, like everything was just fine. Too bad behind him it looked like Hurricane fucking Katrina had hit the apartment.

Random items were sprawled all over the floor, couch,chairs, and just about anything.

“Whaat?” was all I could manage to say as I examined the mess before my eyes, starting to get pissed that my apartment looked like a garbage disposal. Just then, Jared walked in, eating my chips casually, as if the apartment was as clean as new. I walked around the apartment in awe, looking at the pandemonium. After the shock wore off, I walked into the kitchen to find all the boys with sheepish grins on their faces.

I said one word. “Explain.”

10 minutes later, after John had explained the situation and the boys had attempted to give me their best puppy dog faces, I gave in. The guys kissed me on the cheek, except for John who kissed me on the lips.

“Best girlfriend ever” he said, taking my hand. I smiled at him and trudged off to the shower, watching as to not step on anything valuable.

I hadnt told John, but I was upset. Of course, I loved the boys. They were my best friends and it would be like one non-stop party. However, they were all pigs and looking after 5 of them would be a hassle. Not to mention the fits. Let’s be honest here…boys can be extremely cranky on an empty stomach. But most of all, I was sad that I wasn’t going to be spending alone time with John. I was going to miss talking and watching movies until 3 in the morning, making sushi together, cuddling with some music and just being the two of us.

As I stepped into the shower and let the warm water cascade down my body, I relaxed. Showers were like yoga for me. They always calmed me down, no matter what situation I was in, and helped me get my thoughts together. As I washed my hair, I slowly warmed up to the idea. I’d be with my best friends, and John and I could always find some time to be together, just the two of us.

After stepping out of the shower, I was no longer upset and as I wiggled into my flannel pajamas and spaghetti strap tank top, I was happy again.