‹ Prequel: Jenna's Deathwish
Status: bare with me...

Martin's Choice

I love bacon

"Paul, do you want egg with your bacon?"
I sat up sharp, "Did someone say bacon?"
My gran smiled at me from the kitchen-a small, plump lady with long, grey hair, "I've saved some for you."
"Please, Betty." My papa replied. "Morning Martin, late night?"
I scratched my bed hair, "Oh aye."
Papa was tall and very lanky with very round glasses and thick, grey hair.
I rolled off the couch-clearly I crashed there last night- and followed him to the kitchen. Gran put breakfast in front of me-bacon, egg, sausage, but as soon as it hit my nose my stomach churned.
Damn these hangovers.
I manged best I could but it pained me to leave the rest when it was so damn good! I showered, dressed and went to the loo. Pee. Shake. Shake. Done.
I started my car-blue volvo- and headed to Falkirk College where I study Psychology. I'd better explain myself. I'm Martin Green, I have no parents (they died in a house fire when I was seven) so I live with my grandparents in Hallglen-a little town in Falkirk, Scotland. I am nineteen years old and I party way too much. I'm not one to boast but I'd say I was a stud. Tall, messy black hair (which looks great by the way) and green-hazel eyes. I have the world's sexiest black leather jacket which I wear basically every day. Greg and Aaron-the boys-were waiting outside for me, finishing their fags. They waved when they saw me and I joined them for our last smoke before the lecture began.
"Fucking hate Mondays." Greg said as the three of us made our way to the classroom.
Greg was the oldest out of the three of us. He was blond, buff, blue-eyed with a lip ring and was always with some girl. He was my best mate but half the time I didn't know who his latest was. He didn't take shit from anyone.
Aaron was the youngest, his birthday being on Hogmaney. He had hazel eyes and light brown hair which sat at his ears and he sometimes straightened, and a pair of rounded glasses. The type you'd never pick out in an opticians and suited no-one but him. He use to get beaten up pretty badly at high school because he was 'emo'. I hated those fags that bullied him. If it hadn't been for me moving to the school and defending him, he wouldn't have survived. He had been my best friend for five years. We met Greg a few months back when college begun.
People said we were more punk than anything else. But modern punk, not full on mowhawks or anything. But whatever. Labels are guff.
We entered the room and there they were sitting perfectly like statues made by Gods. Aiden and Alice, the siblings. Flawless, beautiful, perfect. They and their cousins, Pip, Matt, and the other sibling, Adam and Amy, kept to themselves. They rarely came out with the others in the class when they were invited, which I didn't get.
"Your staring, again." Aaron nudged me.
I averted my eyes before she saw. Yes, I kind of had a thing for Alice. Okay, a big thing. Like a crush, but I'd never call it that. We weren't in primary school.
The lecture was over as soon as it began. The three of us were sitting in the cafeteria near the perfect family talking about the assignment we had been given before heading out for a smoke, then home.
"Alice is staring at you." I nearly chocked on my Irn-Bru when Greg spoke.
I peeked past Aaron's shoulder to see, right enough, Alice. Beautiful Alice looking directly at me. I bit my gums to avoid grinning. I stared at them all for a second-all so perfect. I mean I knew we were hansom but these guys would make us look like a couple of hobos if we stood beside them! The others were chatting amongst themselves(none of them ate, so that gave me a slight suspicion they were all anorexic or something) when I noticed Aiden glaring at me. Like properly staring me down.
Usually I would have brought this up and asked what the problem was, but not Aiden. Or any of the others for that matter. There was just something that didn't seem...human. They didn't seem normal. Plus one time when college just started, he got pretty pissed off at this one guy who was a few years older. The guy threw a punch at Aiden, who dodged it and threw the guy across the canteen as if he were light as a feather! Now this guy was, like, ten times Aiden's size and height. No-one messed with any of them after that.
"Coming?" Aaron asked.
He and Greg stood up and looked at me.
Greg grabbed the collar of my red t-shirt, "Come on, you." And dragged me out of my seat as I was still gawking at Alice.
Aaron got my leather jacket.
"You free tonight?" Greg asked as we had a smoke.
"Naw I'm working all week after college." I said.
"Aaron?"
"Same."
"Shit."
I work at a local supermarket-Morrisons. They had told me I was replacing a girl who had gone missing two years previous. Morgan, I think her name was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Imagine Martin as Gerard Way, Greg as Bob Bryar (i know hes left=[)and Aaron as Mikey Way. From Desolation Row video :)