Status: writer's block.. D':

Everything Happens for a Reason

nine.

I sat down on our couch leaning my head back. We were now located in my dorm, and everyone around me seemed to be doing something. Cristel was pacing back in forth right infront of me, giving me a slight, strong headache.

I heard the faucet in the kitchen run, where Reid was at getting me my aspirin and a glass of water.

"Could you quit moving, you're making my dizzy" I mumbled.

Cris gave me a frantic look, in which soon after, then softened. "Sorry Anna," Cris sat down next to me. "But I can't help it anymore. What's happening to you. You're acting all strange ever since, you know what." A memory I didn't want to remember, but it was constantly bugging me, like it was making me want to live through it again, and again.

Reid walked in with a glass of water in one hand, and a tiny pill on the other. "Here, this might ease some pain away." He handed me the pill, in which I popped in my mouth. I grabbed the glass from his hand and took a nice huge gulp.

Instantly I could feel the works of the pill. It created a soft light buzz in my head. And it also reminded me of what had happened earlier.

The dream, the lies, the secret. It is something I need to clear up. Ever since Ryan has been involved, I can't help but to include me into all of this mess too. A mess in which I still need to figure out.

I stood up and walked over to my full length mirror, ignoring the protests from Cristel and Reid. I took that small rectangular paper that was sticking out from the corner. The picture.

I needed to do this, for me and for him. I have to know what he meant in that dream. To protect me from who?

I looked closely at the picture and saw something that caught my eye. Something that I've seen before, something I wasn't to sure of, of what it was.

I rush to the door, knowing where the answers are located to all the questions that conjured up at the moment.

As I was about to walk out, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Where are you going Anna?" Cris gave me a weird look. I knew this was wrong, keeping everything from her. But what help would she be to me. With everything that was happening, I needed to solve it myself.

"Uhm, I need to find someone." I replied, hoping it would be enough for her to let me go.

"Annabell" She scolded. "Stop it."

"Stop what?" I said, dumbfounded.

"You know what I'm talking about! You're acting all weird Anna. You're not yourself anymore! Screaming in your sleep, walking away, its like you're shutting me out. You're not telling me anything anymore."

"What are you talking about. That's ridiculous." I was surprised at what she said. But I knew she was right. I have been not telling her anything.

"Okay whatever, but you need rest. You've screamed in your sleep again for what felt like the hundreth time!"

"Well sorry but I can't control my nightmares! Sorry for bothering you!" I yelled at her.

"Look I know you just experienced some tragedy. But it's been days! You should forget about it. Forget about him. He's gone Anna! He's not coming back. And you hoping for that will make you go crazy! Like you are now." All of a sudden her eyes widened, realizing what she had said.

"I'm sorry, that came out all wrong," I saw Reid stand up, and I knew he was there ready to comfort me.

But I didn't want that from him. My bestfriend just lashed out on me.

"No, you're right. I should really stop hoping." I whispered before walking out the door.

"Annabell!!" I heard Reid call out to me. But I just ran. I kept running, and I didn't know where my feet were taking me until I reached the destination.

I ran all the way to our bench. Once I sat down, was when all my tears started pouring. I just clutched the picture to my heart, my mind re-playing the scene that just happened.

I know he's gone....I know I kept reminding myself.

But the dreams, the nightmares. I was more confused than ever. The tears stopped shortly after. I shouldn't be wasting more of my tears for him. He's gone, and I should learn to accept that fact.

I knew what I had to do, and it was not to cry, it was to find answers.

I stood up from the bench and looked around. My eyes wandered to the courtyard. And there he was, laying down on the tall grass looking up to the sky.

I slowly walked over to Mason. I loomed over his face, reminding me of the night with the bright unthinkable lights.

He slowy opened his eyes, probably wondering what happened to the sun, and when he looked at me, his eyes held shock, astonishment, recognition, and then warmth. He smiled.

Once I looked into his eyes, that electric pulse hit me hard like a bullet train. I abruptly leaned back. Without warning, he stood up right infront of me, our bodies seeming dangerously close.

I could tell he just felt what I had, by the look on his face.

The noticeably long slience was broken when he said, "do you need something Annabell?"

"Uhmm....umm....yeah....uh" I stuttered.

He looked at me to keep going. But as I was about to continue, another electric pulse bursted in me.

I took a step back. The electricity was just too strong. I couldn't trust myself. That longing feeling, that feeling of wanting to be in his arms, it's just too strong. I had to leave.

But I couldn't. I was locked in my place staring intently into his eyes. Then something unimaginable happened.

That white mist. The same single, intricate white mist that keeps appearing in my dreams was here, swirling above us.

I watched it curiously, wondering how it got here. It swirled around me, keeping that electric pulse in a steady beat, letting me know of Mason's presence.

The mist danced just above my shoulder, circling me, and then it moved on to Mason. It twirled around his body, in which then the mist stretched its length and circled us both. We were both trapped in its essence.

I stopped watching the mist and looked at Mason, who was looking at me the whole time during the weird event that was happening.

Although I couldn't see what the mist was doing, I could feel it. I felt it snake around my waist, and pulled me closer to Mason.

My heart was drumming a faster beat now. The mist was dancing and twirling around our waists, making each of us get closer to each other, even though we were close enough as it is.

But as we closed the distance with our chests completely aligned, something strange happened.

The mist, the color of the mist transformed. It wasn't a simple elegant color of white anymore, it now danced in many colors. Changing a second after. Each color was different, and no color was repeated. The flashes of colors reflected on us.

Now the mist was swirling faster. I am so confused. This, all of this, is impossible.

I looked deep into Mason's eyes, and something unbelievable occured. His eyes also changed color.

First I was swimming through his bright sea green eyes, but as the mist swirled in its multiple colors, his eyes seemed to change. The color was becoming more dull, and it was transforming into a color I thought I would never see again.

His eyes changed into that deep thoughtful color of grey. The kind of grey that I only saw on one person's eyes. Those eyes, that color, it belonged to Ryan's.

I looked at his eyes more carefully, thinking that I could be wrong. But it was clear. His eyes, those eyes, were not his. They were Ryan's. A person who is dead, and was to never ever come back.

Bursts of happiness coursed within me as I saw those eyes again. It was him. It was my beloved Ryan!

I cupped his face, and brought him closer to me. Our lips were only a centimetre apart.

As I was about to close the distance, to feel those soft gentle lips on mine again, I heard a sound. The sound of a crash, of two metals colliding with each other at great speed. That sound brought me back to reality.

Mason can not be Ryan. It's insane, impossible.

It took me a second to re-group myself. And I did something I thought I would be able to be too weak to do.

I shoved Mason away from me so hard, that he landed on his back, on the ground.

The colorful mist that was surrounding us was fading, dispersing into thin air.

Mason looked at me questioningly, as if asking me what happened. But then his look changed. It said realization all over it.

And his eyes. They were slowly turning back to its bright sea green usual. But I still see it. Small specks of grey, in which only belonged to one person I know.

"Annabell" He said softly as he got up.

My hands were shaking, my stomach was doing flips.

"What just happened?" I whispered.

What just happened ?
♠ ♠ ♠
it took a while
but i think i finally know where i'm going with this :D
comment and subscribe <3