Status: New story, I'm not sure what to think about it. But I will update.

When Love and Death Embrace

Newark, New Jersey

I was sitting in the same spot I had been in since I had woken up. The boy from earlier, who told me his name was Mikey had left hours ago. Something about packing, I felt bad for him though. He had lost his parents, and the person he thought was his brother wasn’t. I mean, it was on the outside, but it wasn’t the same person inside. So he had lost his entire family in one night. He had mentioned the funeral being tomorrow, but I was going to be stuck in the same bed, surrounded by the same walls for at least another two days.

Alone, it wasn’t one of my favorites. When you’re alone you think, and sometimes when you think it’s about the bad things. But I had been alone since my death so it was something I was used to. But now, God, how the hell do I explain what was happening now? Do people just switch bodies like this all the time? It was a scary thought actually. Someone you could have known your whole life just in a few minutes, or a few days could be somebody completely different and you wouldn’t know.

He called, Mikey did. The next day to tell me about how the entire family showed up to the funeral, asking about me. He told them all that I had amnesia, it wasn’t a lie, and it wasn’t the truth. I remembered my life, but I had no idea about his brother’s. I knew he didn’t like light, his skin was milky white and it made me think of an albino. He went on about crazy Aunt’s and Uncles, the entire time I just listened. I mean it was the right thing to do, wasn’t it? This kid just lost everything, the least I could do was act like an older brother. He mentioned that we were moving, to live with their Grandma. The way he talked about her must have meant that his brother was really close to her, he tried to sound happy, but I knew the lies all too well. I must have listened for a good hour before I could even get one word in. And it was where? I had no idea where I was being drug to, for all I knew she could be living in another state. But I was wrong, and for some reason I knew instantly why I was in this body. Because we were moving to Newark, the place where I grew up, the place I left all my friends behind in. The place where Frank was living at, being just an empty shell.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but there's another one...so just a moment and I'll have that up.

But yay! An update!!