Status: New story, I'm not sure what to think about it. But I will update.

When Love and Death Embrace

Frank

He didn’t talk, he didn’t do much of anything really. Mikey just continued on about things and I felt bad for ignoring him, but I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Frank. He was worse since the last time I had seen him. His eyes were still hollow, and he was skinnier then he used to be. He had always been small, but this was practically emaciation.
“What was his name?” I asked interrupting Mikey who quickly stopped talking and looked between the two of us confused. Frank looked at me with no expression before looking at the wall.
“David.”
“Were you two good friends or something?” Mikey probed, suddenly interested in him.
“Or something,” he mumbled before his gaze fell to the floor.
“This was his room wasn’t it?” he nodded.
“Oh.” Mikey frowned quickly looking at the walls.
“How long ago was it?” Mikey shot me a look that told me to stop with the questions.
“I don’t know honestly,” he mumbled his eyes shifting to the floor, “I don’t pay attention to time anymore.”
“I’m sorry.” Mikey cut in still looking at me like I should keep to myself.

His eyes never left the floor as we fell into an awkward silence. I looked back over at Mikey who was now staring off into nothing with a weird look on his face. My eyes drifted from the two of them for a while, it was obvious nobody was going to try and start a conversation. Looking back at Frank, I never broke it, watching his emotionless face.

“How long did you two date?” his head shot up, it was the fastest I had seen him move.
“What?” his voice wavered as his arms tightened around his waist.
“Well you said ‘or something’. So how long?” he frowned.
“I don’t want to talk about it.” his eyes leaving me to look back down at the floor.
“Has it changed any?” I saw the confusion on his face.
“The floor? I mean, you’ve stared at it long enough. So, has it changed any?”
“Gerard,” Mikey warned in a calm tone.
“What? Its just a question.” I stated nonchalantly looking at him to see if there was anything else he had in store for me.
“Behave please?” sighing I nodded and looked back to Frank.
“So, has it changed?”
“Gerard!” Mikey snapped.
“Sheesh, don’t get your boxers in a twist. Its not that bad of a question.” I defended.
“God, you never used to be like this. His friend died, you could be nicer.” he ranted before leaving my room.

How the hell could I be nicer? I thought back on the last few minutes, so what, I had asked a few personal questions. I mean I knew the answers, but they didn’t know that. That thought caused me to frown, I kept forgetting that I wasn’t the same person anymore. Looking at the pale hands resting on my knee’s was proof of that. Looking back up at Frank I noticed he was watching me now, a blank expression, but still watching.

“The floor finally get boring?” his eyes narrowed.
“I’ll take that as a yes then?” his face never changed.
“Look, just tell me if I went overboard ok? Obviously he thinks I did.” I stated referring to Mikey who had just left, a little ticked off too.
“I don’t think I did, but then again, I’m not the one being asked,” I finished, waiting for the reply that never seemed to come.
“Silent treatment, you’re good at that,” I mumbled the last part to myself.
“What?” his voice filled the room.
“What, what?” I asked back, slightly confused.
“What did you say, after you said silent treatment, you said something else.” I frowned.
“No, I didn’t.” I shrugged pushing my hair back, it was annoying, but I had always wanted long hair.
“Yes, you did. What did you say?” his voice was hard.
“Look, I didn’t, and I asked you a question first, so answer it.” I demanded in the same tone.

His features softened and he looked away, his arms coming from his sides only to have his hands fold and rest between his knees like he was cold. Looking away he sucked on the thin loop of metal attached to his lip. He was thinking, either about the question from earlier, or of an excuse to get out of here, I didn’t know which, I had hoped it wasn’t the latter of the two.

“I don’t remember your question.” he stated simply, his eyes landing on me again.
“I asked how long you two were together.”

Nodding he looked down at his hands, rubbing his wrist nervously. Getting up from my spot I walked over and sat down next to him. He tensed, his fingers clenched together and his arms were stiff.

“I’m not going to judge you or anything, it would be hypocritical of me.” I stated softly, not seeing the need to talk louder when it was just him who needed to hear me.
“Two years.”

We sat there in silence, I realized then that there had been a lot of it, silence that is. My eyes wandered around the room, I could still remember everything I used to have in here. It was pretty much the same as before, but at the same time it wasn’t. Looking down at Frank who had finally loosened up, I couldn’t help the small grin.

“Are you doing anything this weekend? I know its pretty forward, but I can’t help it, I’m that type of guy.” I stated.
“No, why?” he asked quietly.
“Because I’m new here, so I have no idea what there is. Maybe you could give me a tour?” he shrugged and I couldn’t help but laugh.
“Come on, just an hour?” I was desperate to get him outside of his house, it wasn’t healthy staying like that.
“I don’t know. There isn’t much to this place.” he mumbled.
“It can’t be that bad,” I stated as he looked up at me.
“You would be amazed.”
“Well amaze me then.” I replied and grinned when I saw the tinniest twitch of his lips, he had almost smiled, almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look who finally decided to update? I'm SORRY its been forever :(

But, I don't plan on leaving you again... its been what... since June or July? O_O

Too long and I apologize again. Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this story, subscribed, left me a comment.... I love all of you :)