Status: I have some pre written chapters. be paitent

The Boy Upsairs

My parents don't love each other no more

“Here’s our favourite place to eat,” Bill showed me to the door of this little pub called Mein Liebling.
“My darling?” I raised my eyebrows and stepped inside.
“The owner opened this pub for his wife,” we sat down and I glanced over the menu.
“What looks good?” he leaned in closer to me now raising his eyebrow.
“The salad. Want to share a plate of French fries?’’
“Sure. Mind if I get a beer?” our small talk was interrupted by my phone buzzing loudly in my pocket, making the whole seat vibrate. The caller id read Alyssa and I groaned.
“I’ll just be a couple of minutes,” I rushed into the bathroom pressing the phone to my ear.
“Hello darling. I have the information you wanted on your plane buddy,” I sighed and braced myself for the oncoming rapid fire of words.
“Ohh goodie. I wonder if he’s famous,” I heard her giggle. That meant good news, right?
“Well plane buddy Oli is famous. He’s the screamer in this band. I don’t quite remember his bands name but he’s known for getting totally hammered and having one-night stands. He just evaded a law suit,” I heart sunk a little. I hoped he was not an ass when he drank.
“Thanks babe. Call me tomorrow,” I shut off the phone and glanced at myself in the mirror, fixing my hair.
-X-
“So what brings you to Germany? Bill took a sip of his drink, as did I. We had been talking about pointless things until our food came. Now he had started to dig.
“I needed a change of scenery,” I casually shrugged my shoulders. It was so easy to lie to him. It felt almost natural.
“So Bill, what are some of your hobbies?” I drank the last of my soda and leaned back in my seat.
“I’m in a band,” his voice flat lined.
“That sounds really cool. Are you guys famous?”
“Yeah we have an album out. Were taking the summer off to relax. Tom and I have our own flat but we felt like staying with our mum for a while,”
“That’s sweet. My mummy wants me to live with her but I’m not sure. My dad just got a new girlfriend and I haven’t met. So I don’t want to go and hate her but I don’t want to stay with my mum either,” I just told him something I’ve only told Alyssa. Wow. He laughed softly and reached his hand out sending a silent invitation for me to hold on.
“Tom and I had to make the same decision when our parents split. Granted we were seven and most of the decision based on who would spoil us more. But we made the right decision. My mother is amazing. My dad would have been gone most of the time anyway,” I blushed and held onto his hand, meeting his gaze.
“So what does your dad do?”
“He’s a truck driver,” in all seriousness, that is kind of funny.
“I can see why you wouldn’t want to live with him,”
“Yeah, I never get to see him,” he cast his gaze down to the table, his eyes tracing all the scratches and cracks in the varnish.
“Don’t worry. Hey, maybe one day this summer we should all drive down, meaning you, Tom, and I, and go visit your dad. We could have a barbeque and just have a nice time. I know that’s how my dad and I spend time together. It’s really calming,” I kept staring at him until he looked up at me.
“I don’t know. Last time we visited him and Tom had this huge fight. I don’t know how it will be,” his eyes were filled with sorrow and he clutched onto my hand.
“Just think about it okay? Now lets go before it get to late,” I stood up and stretched, ready for sleep and happy that I got to know Bill a bit better. And plus he was kind of cute.