I'll Die Regretting the Time I Lost

Chapter 3

----Mel’s Point of View----

A few hours had gone by and I was spending time talking to my dad as the twins slept. I had fallen asleep on the way back from the airport. Once I made it back to the place I used to call home, I woke up but it was hard trying to get both Aiden and Amy to fall asleep. That is, until my dad started playing his guitar.

“You sure you don’t wanna get any sleep? You look exhausted.” He said as he looked at me. I just shook my head.

“I’m fine Dad, really. Besides, once I fall asleep they both seem to end up waking me up anyway.” I replied. Suddenly I heard the front door open and a few people walk in.

“Hello? Anyone home?” I heard a familiar voice call out. I smiled widely once I realized who it was. As they walked into the living room, I smiled when I saw my brother as well as Kitty and Jimmy. They all looked at me with shocked and surprised expressions. The next thing I knew, I was at the bottom of a pile of people trying to hug me.

“Guys, I need to breathe.” I giggled as they got off of me. I hugged Jimmy, then Kitty, and lastly Syn.

“What are you doing here?” Jimmy asked.

“What? No ‘I missed you’ or ‘How have you been?’ or anything?” I said as I faked hurt. They laughed.

“We figured it was obvious.” Jimmy shrugged. I just laughed.

“Well anyway, to answer your question, I got lonely and decided to come visit, but I didn’t think you guys were gonna be here.” I said.

“We just got off tour and now we’re home. MCR decided to stay in California for a little bit, so maybe it is a good thing you showed up now.” Syn smiled at me.

“Where are Amy and Aiden?” Kitty asked.

“They’re upstairs. Chances are they’re not gonna be sleeping much longer.” I said.

“Who are Amy and Aiden?” Jimmy asked. Kitty whispered something to him and I noticed his eyes widen a little. I figured she was explaining who they were. It was only a matter of time before someone else found out.

“So, now what?”

“Well, if they’re awake, do you wanna take them to the park?” Syn asked. I just shrugged.

“Sure, why not?”

-------------

An hour had gone by and we had made it to the park with the twins. Aiden was with Syn and Amy was with Jimmy as I talked to Kitty. She told me about how the tour went. I continued listening to her before noticing Jimmy walking back over to us. The only problem was that Amy wasn’t with him.

“Where’s Amy?”I asked as I hoped she was with Syn.

“I-I don’t know…I turned my head away for one second a-and then she was gone.” He said.

“We need to find her. Now.” Kitty said. We all searched everywhere we could think of, but we still couldn’t find her. I sat down on one of the park benches as tears started to well up in my eyes.

“I’m so sorry Mel, I should’ve never looked away.” Jimmy apologized.

“Let’s keep looking.” Kitty said before dragging Jimmy away from me. I put my face in my hands as I began to cry.

"Excuse me miss? Is this your daughter?" I heard a voice ask. It sounded sort of familar but I shrugged it off for the moment as I looked and saw a pair of green eyes looking at me.

It was Amy.

I picked her up off the ground and held her close to me as tears continued to pour from my eyes.

"T-Thank you." I said to the person.

"No problem," they said. Their voice sounded really familiar. Why does it sound so familiar? I slowly looked up at the person who had found Amy and gasped slightly as I met their eyes.

"Zacky?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's a bit of a cliffhanger there, but I haven't had any of those in this story up until now. Haha =P

Zacky and Mel are finally seeing each other for the first time in close to two years. What do you think will happen next?

Comment and I'll give you a cookie...or skittles...or both...just comment! :P