I'll Die Regretting the Time I Lost

Chapter 7

"It's about time you two got here!" Jimmy shouted as we walked into Matt's house.

"I'm sorry okay? We had to drop Aiden and Amy off at my dad's and we had talked for a little while about things." I said biting my lip. Jimmy threw me a confused glance and I just looked away.

"Jimmy what are you shouting ab- Mel?" I heard Johnny's voice before feeling a pair of arms wrap around me tightly. I giggled and hugged him back tightly.

"I bet you weren't expecting to see me."

"No, it has been awhile now." He said as a sad smile appeared on his face. That made me feel bad. Not just for leaving, but he was one of my best friends and had been since we were little, yet he didn't really know why I left either.

"I'm gonna go look for the others." Zacky excused himself and walked away dragging Jimmy with him, assuming we needed time to talk.

"I'm so sorry for leaving Johnny."

"Why did you? The last time I saw you, you were in a hospital. You promised you wouldn't do that again."

"Johnny, I'm sorry. My mom had just died, and when I went to go get comfort from Zacky, I thought he had cheated on me and I just couldn't take it anymore." I said looking away only to feel his hand turn my head back towards him.

"I still don't quite understand why you left."

"It's complicated, Zacky doesn't really know why either yet. I'm afraid of what he'll think." I sighed looking out the window, only to see the green eyed man I was currently talking about.

"What is it? I'm sure it's not that bad." Johnny said giving me a reassurring smile.

"When I was in the hospital, I found out I was pregnant. Instead of telling him after everything, I just decided to go to New Jersey with Lynda. I ended up having twins. He's met them, but I haven't worked up the courage yet to tell him they're his." I said quietly. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"What?!"

"I'm sorry I never told you. I haven't really told anyone and Jimmy just found out. The only ones that knew were Brian, Kitty, and Frank at the time because they showed up at the hospital."

"So I'm guessing the guys of My Chem know too?"

"Naturally, but Matt, Zacky, and Val don't know. I wanted to tell you before I left but-"

"It's okay, I'm not mad. I'm just glad you're okay and I can't wait to meet the twins." He smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"They're gonna love their Uncle Johnny." I giggled as I hugged back before he led me outside to the others.

"Mel! It's great to see you!" I heard a voice before feeling a pair of arms wrap around me and sending me to the ground.

"It's great to see you too Val," I laughed. "Could you give me a warning next time you wanna do that?"

"Nope!" She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Need some help?" I heard a familiar deep voice before seeing Matt offering his hand to help me up. I took his hand before he picked me up and hugged me tightly.

"Matt don't crush my sister!" Brian's voice yelled from the other side of the yard.

"I missed you guys," I smiled looking at them.

"What about me?" Gerard said coming over to us with his arms wide open.

"Of course Gee, I know the twins miss one of their favorite uncles too." I said hugging him.

"Twins?" Matt asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Is there something going on here?" Val asked.

"What? No, it's nothing like that. Besides, Lynda would kill me if that were the case." I answered.

"Then wh-"

"I'm a mom now. I had twins almost two years ago now." I replied quickly.

"Where are they now? Is your dad watching them?" Gerard asked. I nodded and played with the necklace around my neck.

"I wanna meet them!" Val said excitedly causing me to laugh a little.

"You will eventually. Zacky already met them-"

"Mel..." Gerard looked at me. Since I met him, Gerard became almost like an older brother to me. He was pretty protective much like most of my friends were. Dammit I'm not a child and I could take care of myself.

"Gerard, stop, I can take care of myself. It turns out that incident was a misunderstanding anyway. But anyways as I was saying, if he didn't find Amy in the park when I brought them there earlier, I could've lost her for good."

--

A few hours had gone by, and I caught up with the others. They told me all about their tour and some of the shenanigans that went on. I found out that Brian and Amber broke up because she was always worried about the possibility of him cheating while he was away. It was a shame though considering, they seemed good for each other. Ali and Johnny were no longer together, but they were still friends.

"So, what's it like being a mom?" Val asked me bringing me out of my thoughts as I watched Zacky with the others swimming.

"It's good, it's difficult sometimes though. There is only one of me, and when Lynda left to tour with you guys I had to do it myself. Part of the reason I came back here was so my dad could help me. I didn't expect to see any of you."

"Does the father know about them?"

"No, not exactly."

"Who is it?" She asked. I opened my mouth to answer before my phone rang. I looked at who was calling and saw it was my dad.

"Hello?"

"Hey, when are you getting back?"

"I don't know, why is something wrong with the-"

"I think they're just missing their mommy, that's all. McKenna is trying her best to distract them as we speak, but so far, no luck."

"I'll be back soon, okay?" I said before hanging up and moving to grab my keys out of my pocket.

"Where are you going?" Val asked.

"My kids need me. I'm sorry I have to go."

"Can we hang out tomorrow?" She asked. I just nodded before quickly hugging her and leaving going unnoticed by the others.