I'll Die Regretting the Time I Lost

Chapter 8

A few days had gone by, and I spent them trying to avoid answering questions about the twins. I knew it was going to come out sooner or later, but I just wasn't ready to tell them yet. I looked down at Aiden and Amy as they slept and sighed a little.

"I know I need to tell him about you guys, but I'm afraid of what it could do to you. Or even what it could do to his band." I said quietly as I played around with my necklace that Zacky had gotten for me years ago.

"Oh my god, it's Zacky isn't it?" I froze as I heard Val's voice behind me. I turned to look at her slightly and saw the wide-eyed expression on her face.

"Please don't tell him." I begged as she walked over to me. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

"It makes sense, if they weren't his, my other guess would have been Frank. But considering he knows about them, they couldn't be his." She stated.

"He treats them almost as if they were his own though. He doesn't have to, but he does. He's helped me with so much over the past couple years. Gerard and Lynda seem to think there is something going on between us, but there isn't. He's just a really sweet guy and I don't know what I would've done without him." I moved to sit on the floor.

"Are you sure? Because it almost sounds to me like there might be something more." She said sitting on the floor in front of me.

"Really Val, I swear there is nothing going on. I've been too focused on-" I looked over at the door when I heard a knock. I looked over and saw Frank.

"Is everything okay in here?" He asked.

"Everything is fine, I got a little distracted, and then I got to talking to Val." I replied looking over at her.

"Did you need something Frank?" Val piped up.

"Matt was looking for you, he said it was important." He shrugged.

"I guess I'll see you later Mel." She said before getting up and leaving the room. I moved to get up from the floor and heard Frank close the door.

"I need to talk to you," he said stepping closer to me.

"Frankie what are you d-" he cut me off by pushing his lips against mine. I gasped feeling caught off guard by his sudden behavior before he pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry, I just thought that-" he stuttered before I moved a finger to his lips.

"I'm not mad Frankie, but could you tell me why you just did that?"

"You're one of my best friends and over the past couple years, I just, I think I devoloped feelings for you. I don't know if it's love or if it is, if it's the kind of love you had with Zacky. I just know I care about you a lot and I would do anything for you." He took my hands into his.

"Frankie, I'm grateful for everything you've done for me since I found out I was pregnant. I will never forget that for as long as I live. I care about you too and I love how close we are, but I don't know if I could be more than just best friends." I said feeling a bit guilty as I saw disappointment appear on his face. He smiled weakly and nodded his head.

"I understand, but if things don't work out when he finds out, I'll be right here."

"I know," I smiled before kissing him on the cheek. "You're one of the greatest friends anyone could ask for." He pulled me into a hug before looking over at the sleeping twins.

"You really are an amazing mom you know."

"You'll be an amazing dad someday Frankie, I just know it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this isn't exactly the best chapter, but I'm trying okay?