The Arch of Three

Chapter 1

Three figures all garbed in black cloaks, wearing black boots perfect for the desert storms, and light pants and shirts all black, walked through an endless desert storm. Seth a boy of sixteen with purple lilac hair that ended at the base of his neck whined “Is this even the right way?” then in a simpler tone: “Do you think Home (what they called the base they were going to) is even still standing?” His crystalline blue eyes with their strange swirling pattern became very watery, very watery indeed. Nexion, a girl with dark black eyes and sky blue hair that reached the middle of her back said: “I know home will be standing. But I can’t say how much of it.” In her soft sixteen year old voice, then in an angry tone she added. “So quit asking already, damn it!” her voice cutting through the air. The third figure, Shouren, also a boy of age sixteen remained silent, until a shadow appeared on the horizon. “Seth what is wrong with you? You’re an elf so act like one instead of behaving like a newborn human baby! And Nexion stop yelling for every gad damn thing. Were all sixteen so at least try to act mature?” The wind picked up knocking his hood back. He had discerning emerald eyes that looked like a butterfly was etched into them, and long silver hair that reached the small of his back. “I suppose we are acting childish, Seth I’m sorry for yelling at you.” Nexion said. “Its fine I think Shouren should lighten up though.” Seth replied.
The three of them ran towards home as they made out its blue pillars and houses. Their excitement drained and was replaced by dread. “Home looks like it was beaten to hell and back” Shouren said sulkily. “I’ll go check the armory for our weapons.” Seth said. Nexion had her right hand on her head. “What the fuck” She muttered. Shouren moved her hand away and noticed how tense she was. “Ambush!” Seth yelled running back to them with; two guns, a bow, a quiver full of arrows, two swords and five daggers.
Without speaking Shouren and Nexion took the swords and two daggers. Seth knocked an arrow.
“Sandstorm in five . . . four . . . three . . . two . . .” Nexion didn’t need to say one as the sandstorm was right on cue. “Damn, they possessed the dead bodies.” Seth said as he made out the shapes of humans with claws instead of hands, and purple skin some held blades others chain sickles it was all the same deadly weapons and yellow hollow eyes that screamed for blood to be shed. “To the left elf.” Shouren commanded to Seth. Seth released his arrow his aim was perfect piercing three of the abominations jugulars killing them. There was a black smoke as the bodies dissipated. Nexion cut one of the demons in half brandishing the sword she grabbed; it was a saber about two and a half feet long and an inch wide. “Hey this is my sword, alright!” she exclaimed. “Just be careful with it.” Shouren said knocking a demon down, before crushing its head with the heel of his boot. In a flash the demons swarmed on Nexion. Seth being quick like the elf that he is shot five of the fourteen demons with one of his arrows. Shouren grabbed a demons face, his vampiren claws digging into it, smashed it into two of the others. In a cold killers voice he said “Take this you family killers. Vampires art number 3: Black Shadow.” He placed his hand on the demons chest, and then a black ray shot out of it disintegrating the three demons. “May the goddess find your souls!” He said turning back to face the other demons. Nexion spun around killing the last nine demons around her. “Sonic Pulse!” Seth whispered and clapping his hands together an explosion of silver wind tore into the remaining demons, it engulfed Home in a plume of dust and black mists.