She Won't Be Lonely Long

Nice Knowing You

The airport was a whirlwind centered around the stillness that was Xabi and Hannah but she stayed collected, mostly enveloped in her own thoughts. The feeling of nirvana that was his arms around her made her question why she was leaving that, and wonder how she would ever find a man that would make her feel the same. Before Spain, a feeling of plain content so simple had never crossed her mind and now she was deliberately pulling away from it. That didn't make sense to her but neither did leaving a perfectly stable job and warm family; It just wasn't the way she was raised. Stable jobs in Michigan were scarce at the time and she cherished it. The factory job she was working was the same one that her dad held, and it was responsible for the easy childhood that she had. Going back to life in Michigan gave her stomach a sick feeling as it made her part with Xabi but it was so natural that it couldn't be stopped.

Coincidentally, the terrible goodbye to Maral and Sergio that had been brought to her attention by Xabi wasn't so terrible after all, knowing that she'd see them within the year and would keep in contact well. But the farewell she gave to Xabi was different: She more than likely wouldn't be seeing him in the next year and this was a final goodbye, the stongest of all that was saved for last.

There wasn't much to say, considering all that needed to be said had been. There was a lot she still wanted to do, though, but it all involved privacy, something that you couldn't be found easily in that bustling terminal. Sex in a bathroom stall was much too trashy for her taste, and sex in a Maserati seemed just just peachy but she knew Sergio well enough to let that hope dwindle.

"Goodbye, Xabi." she murmered, standing on her toes to set her chin on his shoulder and take in the last breath of his scent that she ever planned to.

He sighed. "Honestly?"

"Yeah, honestly." she chuckled and pulled away, her hands still linked with his as her swelling eyes peered up to him. That was as far as her remorse would show to him, because although it was killing her inside she had to stand by her decision.

"This has meant very much to me..." he said, implying that it hadn't to her.

"It has to me, too; But honestly, Xabi, would you leave your home for someone you haven't known for two weeks?"

He shook his head and wringed his hands around hers. "No, but I'd fly to Spain every weekend to see her if she decided to stay there."

She laughed again, although she truly wasn't finding much humor in this all. She didn't know how to end this conversation like it needed to end, maybe because it really wasn't supposed to end. But she didn't let that phase her.

"It was nice knowing you." she spoke blandly, which was the only front she could put forth without bursting into tears.

That was an extremely cold way to end things, in his mind, and he finally let go of her. Maral's jaw fell in the distance and bewilderment distracted her from the frustration that she had previously been feeling. Sergio's brows shot upwards, and Hannah left the three as they were, only letting a single tear fall as she began the process it took to board the plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
No, it's not over. I just decided to update now, cuz work tomorrow, Tuesday... ugh, me and my dad are taking a train to Chicago for bondage, I guess, and Wednsday will also be busy, so I didn't want to keep you waiting too long. Thanks for reading, and thanks for commenting.