Status: In progress

Night's on The Ash

Those Eye's

"Hey...Jen get your ass out of that bed" said Eric. "it's eight in the morning I can sleep if I want" I said ruefully. "But we're going to be late" for what I thought. I didn't make plans it was Saturday I didn't have school, where could we possibly have to go this early unless was it was it really today. I jumped out of bed practically knocking Eric into the wall behind him. Today was the day. The day he taught me how to ride. I was so excited. I have wanted to learn since the day I met him. Eric didn't date people unless they liked to ride, and I really liked Eric. The way his hair just forms in waves, his confidence, and those eyes so mysterious and playful. You never knew what those eyes were saying.

"Jen why do you keep hitting the brakes you won't go anywhere if you keep it up" said Eric. I don't want to go anywhere I thought. "Here pull up on the clutch, drop it in first, give it some gas…and…were off. Now clutch fast and kick up" he said. We were off and I was driving as he sat back, hands on the back of his seat. "I'm doing it" I yelled. "Yea now you just got to do it by yourself" he laughed. This was such a thrill so new to me I had never done anything like this. It was crazy I wasn't crazy. I was the girl who sat in the back of class kept my mouth shut, who didn't do sports or activities. I was me and I was a loser.

I remember the first day I saw Eric I had just gotten my old gremlin from my brother he had told me it never went out of style. He was wrong. The only thing nice about that old car was that it ran, but Eric thought it was cool so one day he rode up to it on his pretty little bike and asked me what year it was. "Oh? I'm not a car girl I have no idea. It runs that's all that matters to me" I was able to stutter out. "Well was never the coolest car but I always wanted one. Wanted to make one into a rally car and race it" he said. I didn't really pay attention I was too lost in his eyes. "Well I'll see ya around. Ok love?" he called me love thats when i knew I would fall in love with him. He wasn't from Australia but he acted like it.

"So wanna go another round or do you want me to drive". His words broke me from my day dream. "Huh...? Oh you can take it". We switched positions. I wrapped my arms around his waist quickly cause I knew what he was going to do next. Almost as soon as I thought it we were off pointing almost straight at the sky going faster than I ever went in that old gremlin.