Status: In progress

Night's on The Ash

The Crew

fter a while of Eric disapearing on certain nights i got curious. "Hey Eric? Where do you go at night when you don't wnat to spend the night"? he stared at me for a second i knew he was thinking of a lie to tell me which meant it was something that would make me worry. "I race" was all he said and i stared at him as if he had slapped me. "Race...like how...with what?" i asked surprised he would even say that. "I race the same thing you and i love to ride everyweekend" he exclaimed playfuly. "so you race motorcycles on the street?" now i was getting worried. "Yea, do you want to come?" he asked with full confidence as always. "Yes" I yelled almost waking my dad.

It was a crazy place on "The Ash" filled with bikes and people cars different kinds of music coming from every group. Everyone seemed to be seperated by race except on group and you know it was Erics cause you could hear the club music he liked so much coming from it. The smell of the place was oddly comforting, gasoline, exhaust, dirt, silicone burning, and leather. I learned to love that smell it became part of me just like Eric, just like the bikes and the people everything in balance everything together.

"About time you brought the lass with you" said a skinny drifter a top an old Blazer or Bronco.

I could never tell with them Jimmy's, Blazer's, and Bronco's were all called Aussie Wranglers in this place. They had pride in that name here, Aussie that is, tho the others used it as a term for americans who didn't like the old american ways although most of these guys would fit in just fine with a bunch of old surfers or hippies from the sixties.

"Tango don't be such a dog mate" Eric said with a smile.

"so who is the girl Eric?" said a girl from a van or something, the source of the loud music.

"That would be his Amor Litsa" Tango said with a taunting tone. "Much better choice than a cadela like you." He laughed, almost like a hyena.

"Enough you two, you can fight later on the street. Where is Dingo?" Eric Chidded proudly, leader-like. They both listened and pointed over to a group of people who looked oriental. "Setting up anouther race huh?" Eric seemed eager as he said it.

"Yup, with king i think." Tango said nervously, that worried me.

"Who's King?" i asked

"King is as his name calls he is the King of the street hun, he is the best rider here yet he refuses to race Eric." Litsa exclaimed

"Eric, Eric i got you a race with king." said Dingo. His name fit him he had a slender body and small features, but he looked fast.

"Yea, when?" Eric asked. "Now, up at the light." Dingo didn't look to happy about what he had just said.

Eric turned to me then and said the three words i would soon hate for the rest of my life. "Cheer for me." followed by that cheesy anime like smile and the peace out sign.