Status: In progress

Night's on The Ash

Lakeside

One morning after i had gotten out of the hospital Eric woke me up.

"Come on sunshine" he said as he walked in and turned on the lights with a smile. He got so much joy out of bugging me, i tried not to let it bother me too much. "ERIC it is four in the morning why are you waking me up?" i said venemently. "Well i want to take you somewhere but we have to leave early to get there and back before the race" he explained. "Fine, leave so i can get dressed."

I went to get on his bike like I alwas did when we wnet somewhere, but i realized somethign was different. I looked up to see him looking at my old gremlin. "You still have the keys to it right?" he asked. "Of course I do, I still drive the thing to school." I said a little confused.

"We are going to need it. I'll drive." he said almost jokingly. "Where are we going eric, and why can't we take the bikes?" I asked. "we are going to a special place, I am sure you will love it." he said with that smile. "Fine" i muttered defeted.

When we got there i knew he was right, I did love it. It was so beautiful, this amazing field of grass and flowers edging out a magnificent blue lake, almost as blue as his eyes. I opened my bag that he had packed and found my camera, he always knew me the best, he always knew i love photography and im glad he packed it. Just then his voice broke through my world.

"Look what I got" he held up a picture, a baby picture of me. That made me kinda mad, so I took after him. "You will never catch me Jen, im just to fast for you" he yelled. "Fine!" I said as i ran over to the car and stole his sunglasses. "Look what I got" I exclaimed. He chased me and almost tackled me to the ground. I tripped and pulled Eric down with me. We were staring at each other, inches from the other smiling, laughing, speachless.

Then we kissed and it seemed like forever and all time fell away and before i knew it i was laying naked in his amrs with the sun setting over the lake in a beautiful orange and yellow facade covering what used to be so bright and colorful. I stood up and Eric said, "you should show me you better side." I looked at him, "fine", i said and turned around and gave him a pose and i heard the camera shudder.

"ERIC IM NAKED!!!!" I screamed. "I know that love" he said with a smirk. "You better delete that." I yelled. "You can't even see anything Jen really" he said defensively. "I don't care, I don't want my ass ending up online or going around school." I said angrily. "Jen you really can't see anything, it's shadowed." he said. He was right, and he would have kept it either way. I still have that picture, it won some awards in a few art shows.