Status: In progress

Night's on The Ash

Rebel Race

"Where are you going this late?" my father asked. "I'm going to eric's" I said hoping he wouldn't see my lie. "At this hour, I know you love the boy but it can wait untill morning" he said bitterly.

I went back to my room, I didn't plan on staying there long. I waited untill i knew my dad had gone to sleep and i snuck out the window. I went around the house to the shed my dad had built me and pulled out my bike. I rolled it down the block till i felt it was safe to start it. Then i took off down the road to the ash.

"Ola sweet" Tango said as he greeted me. "Hello Tango where is Eric?" I asked. "laying rubber" he said, suddenly preoccupied by something happening by an old mustang. "Go armant garcon" Lista said loudly. Tango ran off.

Lista was a beautiful girl, had all the best features. Every guy wanted her she was perfection here, I was jealous. She always seemed to hate me though, like i stole something of hers and lied about it. "Eric will be back soon salope." She said. I didnt know what salope meant but i knew it wasn't good. "Lista, what do you have against me?" I asked. "Your messing with my buisness, and you give me nothing, salope" she snaped. Eric came up behind her and I knew he heard the last part.

"The only 'slut' I see here is the one that sleeps her ways to wins" Eric said in a menacing voice. Lista didn't even turn. "You have anouther race with Tandie" she said, then she left.

"I'm sorry for that, you ready to lay some rubber?" he asked me playfully. "Yes I'm ready to race." He chuckled, "No you have to do a burnout. You know spin the back wheel." I was suddenly afraid all those videos of bikes going crazy and pulling their controler to their doom came to my mind. "Now?" i asked. "Now or you don't get to race tonight, we have to follow the leading crew's rules" he explained. I pulled my bike up to the pit afraid of what may happen, fear setting in of something pushing my limits. I got on started my baby and reved the engine. Eric looks at me, "I'll be right here holding her down, don't let off till dingo lifts his hand ok? You ready?" I nod and drop my bike into first. I hear screaming, noise to mess me up, I pull the throttle and hold on while my bike pushes to move forward, I can smell the rubber burning, smoke is everywhere, I faintly see a hand move after what seems like forever. and let off. I look trough the smoke and see Eric and I can't help but smile.

"You ready to race?" "Oh hell yes" I say. Eric looks over at a small man in black. "So Mathis who are you going to pick?" "Seeing as Peace has his tires warm, I'll pick him" Mathis said with an oddly booming voice. Eric turns to me, "Peace isn't the most agile of riders if you can best him in the turns you have a good chance to win." I nod

It's cold out the bike is keeping me warm, I look to my right and see Peace steady and strong. I look ahead and focus on the run i have done millions of times. I move my left foot to the peg and watch the light. One cycle, the second the light snaps to green we go. Green we're off neck and neck down the straight, i position myself for the turn. I fall back cut in and brake past him as he wobbles around the corner. In an instant I'm out and accelerating to the next turn, I only hear the motor reving to meet my demands I am the master, I am the queen. I'm through the last big curve before the big straight. That's when I panic, before I can blink peace is past me and gaining ground fast. I fight for the power to catch him, can i overtake him in the last two turns?

I paused, not allowed to pause, i grabbed the throttle and put it all the way down and went into sixth. I shot off down the straight riding peace like a dog, i cut into the turn in fifth gear and pulled out in fourth shot off down the line for the last turn. I came out and saw the so called finish line. Peace was in the dust.

"I can't believe you did that" Dingo yelled. "I know" i said pulling off my helmet. "Baby you did it, oh my gosh, Jen that was amazing" Eric said, he was kinda cute when he was gushing. "That's the Prinzessin" yells Dingo. "And what is that?" I asked. "It means Princess baby" Eric explained. My first real race.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is something that is not easily understood by most people the emotion is hard to convey. Comments please