And Isn't This Exactly Where You'd Like Me

Every breath You Take

"Two more days till Brendon leaves," I said as I looked at my calendar.

I haven't really talked to Brett in a couple days, so I think I'm going to go visit him. I know his parents have left town for a couple days, so he's home alone.

"Hey mom I'm leaving," I said.

"OK, be home by 12."

OK I will."

I got to Brett's house and knocked on the door, but nobody was answering. I knew he was home, because his car was in the driveway. I turned the knob and the door was open.

"Hello?" I said as I entered, but still nobody was answering.

I walked up the stairs towards his room.

"Oh Brett, Brett," I hear from his room.

I couldn't take it. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. How the fuck could he do that to me again? I slammed the door really hard. I think he heard it cause when I got into my car, I looked up at his window and saw him staring back at me with his eyes wide. I cried all the way home. That was something I was really good at. I got to my house and just sat in my car. I couldn't quit crying. I laid my head on the steering wheel. My radio was still on and the song Love Hurts came on which made me cry even more. I couldn't go inside. Matt would kill Brett if he found out. But that wouldn't be that bad. I kept getting text messages and call from Brett, but I ignored all of them. Somebody knocked on my window which scared the shit out of me. It was Brendon. That was like the last person that I wanted to see. I reached over and unlocked the door so he could get in.

"Hey," I said softly to him, not looking up.

"What's wrong?" Why are you crying?"

"It's nothing, I'm fine."

"No you're not. Now tell me what's wrong," he said as he pulled me closer to him. I just started bawling my eyes out into his chest. I broke down and told him everything.

"I'm so sorry, Katie. He's a fucking dumb ass," he said.

"But the only reason why I was going over there was because I was going to tell him that I couldn't go out with him. That I liked someone else, but I thought he really did care about me."

"Really? You chose me over him?"

"Yeah I do."

He pulled my chin up and gently kissing me. It made everything feel OK.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?