And Isn't This Exactly Where You'd Like Me

When You're Gone

"Hello," I said into the phone confused.

"Hey," a voice said that sounded familiar

"Who is this?"

"Brett."

"Be right back," I told Brendon.

I wanted to go away so he wouldn't hear me.

"What do you want?" I finally asked him.

"I want to see you."

Let me update you guys. Brett is my ex boyfriend. I broke up with him about 2 months ago. We were really in love with each other. We went out for about a year. I remember when I was only a freshman and he was a junior, Kendra and I thought he was the hottest guy in school. He had the most amazing voice. I got shivers from listening to him sing. We would even freak out if we saw him or made eye contact with him. He would always sing solos for both choir concert and I happened to be in choir. I was only in beginners while he was in both advance classes. He got held back his Junior year, so I got one extra year with him. Well we started dating my junior year and sand duets every concert. We were the perfect happy couple.
"
"Well I don't want to see you."

Katie, babe, it was one stupid mistake. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Flash back:
It was Brett's first year of college and went to go see him at the University of Indiana. He had no clue that I was coming to see him, so good thing I knew his room number. When I knocked on his door, I could hear a lot of commotion going on inside. Brett answered the door with his shirt off.

"Hey," I said happily.

"Hey babe, wh-what are you doing here?" he said with the door just cracked.

"I came to surprise you. Is this a bad time?"

"Well kinda. My friend is really upset and crying inside."

"Oh I see."

"Honey who is that at the door?" a voice said.

"Yeah he sounds pretty bad." I said sarcastically.

I threw the door open and what did I find but a half naked girl in his bed.

"Babe, It's not what it looks like."

"Oh yeah, then what is it?" I said trying to hold back the tears.

"we didn't do anything."

I ran out of there as fast as I could with him trailing behind me, just in his boxers. I made it to my car and locked my door and started to drive off. Brett was chasing after the car, hitting the windows, telling me to listen to him. I just sped up and watched him get smaller and smaller through the rear view mirror. Not knowing if I would ever see him again.
-End of Flashback-

I hadn't talked to him since that day.

"Well you did. You broke my heart. I couldn't stop crying over you for a very long time."

"I'm sorry. I've changed."

"Yeah right. I don't believe you."

"Come on lets meet up."

I didn't say anything for a little bit because I didn't know if I should or not.

"Come on sweetie. Don't you love me?"

"Of course I will always love you Brett. You were my first love."

"Then take a chance and come see me."

"OK, but we are only going to talk."

"OK, I know. Meet me at the Mexican restaurant at 3:00."

"K. Bye."

"Bye."

After I hung up, I thought about what I getting myself into. Then I remembered Brendon. When I came around the corner, I saw him standing there. I guess he heard everything I just said.