Sequel: Hurricanes

Thunderstorms

One.

I remember how Grace was in love with the night. she felt like she was balanced on the edge of a knife at times. It was as if she was surrounded by the sunlight and everyone around her would watch with speculation, condemning her of sins she'd never committed. That's how I had first heard of her, those damn rumours. Grace thought differently to most people, she felt that the sunlight wouldn't wait for her so she'd drink her nights away at parties where names were forgotten like dying flames. That's how I met her in person and how I had lost her.

If I'm going to be honest, Grace had problems. She believed that mirrors lied to her and that they were showing her things that weren't real. I tried to persuade her otherwise but everything that I did made no difference. Her mental state got so bad that she wanted all the lights out so she couldn't see what she had become. She had left me a note the day she left, it said that she was condemned to walk the night but that she didn't care. She didn't tell me where she had gone. I don't know why she left, she knew I would always be there for her because I was her Charlie. I would protect her from the outside world when she felt threatened by anything. I found it strange not having her around, I missed the things she told me. Once, at a party, She had told me that I was the sun and that as the sun I could keep her in the dark and hide her away from those who could see her distorted reflection. I hadn't known how to comment to her then, and I still didn't know now.

Honestly, I didn't know where she had gone but I knew that I wouldn't stop until I found her. I would show her that there was nothing to be afraid of. I wanted to show her that the world had not condemned her to walk the night and that I was going to protect her no matter what. Now all I had to do was find her.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe.