Sequel: Hurricanes

Thunderstorms

Three.

I'd begun my search for Grace not too long ago and as I walked through my darkened surroundings I could see vultures circling overhead. They were waiting to catch the waking dead as they fell into their traps. My legs ached but I forced one foot in front of the other even though the impending guilty feeling forced me back. My legs buckled underneath the load of the guilt, the idea that I'd lost my way slowly penetrating my mind. I knew I must have been to blame for her disappearance. My hands were amongst the flames and all I wanted to do was to feel alive. I couldn't let that bring me down. I had to get to the gates, to where she was residing in the darkness so that I could free her from her broken mind. When I'd met her I had been warned of what I was getting myself into and yet I hadn't cared for the warnings because she'd made me feel alive.

If I hadn't enticed her into telling me all her secrets then maybe she wouldn't have felt that everyone around her knew how to hurt her. I quickly stopped myself from thinking that I'd lost my way because I knew where she was, I just had to get there. Grace was out there in the dark world she feared and she had no one to protect her. I refused to stop until I'd brought her home. I was going to save her from herself and I was going to set her free. Only then would I rid myself of the guilt I felt. When I reached the gate I couldn't help but smile before shouting out for all to hear.

"I am not afraid!" There was no one listening to me because no one cared what I had to say or about the girl that had left her hiding place to walk towards me. I laughed. She was invisible to them just like the mirrors had shown her and she took my hand in hers as she looked at me curiously. She recognised me but there was something wrong, I could see it in her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe.