Sequel: Hurricanes

Thunderstorms

Five.

I never found her again. I always used to pretend that the hero got the girl in the end but I quickly learnt the hard way that that wasn't the case. From the day I'd met her she'd torn me apart, broken all my bones and shot right through my heart. Grace did all of this with just a quick glance. Looking back I concluded that she had given up all hope when we'd met. I knew she was my love but the others had laughed because we were just too young to know the gravity of the commitments we were making. I was too young to realise the problems she faced with everyday, the demons she tried to keep at bay until the day she ran away from me.

I received a letter several months later. It was a letter from her. She'd told me of a place where I could meet her, where we could reunite and embrace like we used to and naively I went there. I waited for hours with no sign of her. My heart sunk when I realised she wasn't coming. However I kept strong and continued to wait, I waited and looked hopefully at every passing figure. I waited for her for a long time but then I knew, with my thoughts erratic from the time I'd spent outdoors, that she would never come. I was buried now, or so it seemed, as my heart beat was faint in my chest. I ignored the disapproving voices that had surrounded me since her disappearance and even though it was fruitless I never lost hope. If only she came.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe.