Status: inactive for the time being

Take a Chance

Just Another Year

Another year at Hogwarts. Another year to ignore guys who had tried to catch her attention and another year to focus on her studies.

The only friends she had came from the Slytherin house. True she had been friends with Lilly Evans in past years but that all stopped when Lilly finally started dating James Potter. But even though her house and the Slytherin house were suppose to hate each other. The group of friends didnt seem to care much.

Once Abigail had made it onto Platform 9 3/4, she had pushed her cart over to the man loading things onto the train and then walked off with her black Bombay-Maine Coon cat, Sami, perched on her shoulder. As she walked she had heard a whistle and knew exactly who it had come from. Sirius Black himself. He had been after her for years and refused to give up even after she had been so cruel to him. Nothing she could say could make him leave her alone. She had then noticed him making his way to her. She sighed inwardly and looked at him with a bored expression

"What do you want now Black?"

"Well good morning to you too"

"Is there an actual reason your bothering me right now?"

"Of course, What kind of man wouldnt stop to say hello to a gorgeous creature like yourself?" Sirius asked as she moved closer to her. So close that their bodies were touching. Abigail suppressed the chill of him being so close, run up her spine. She had then placed her hand on his chest and pushed him back slightly

"A smart man. Now, if you'll excuse me" Abigail pushed passed him and boarded the train.

~Sirius~

Sirius sighed with frustration was he watched her get on the train and disappear from sight. He wanted to so bad but no matter what he had done, she pushed him away.

He had then decided to board the train in search of his friends to ease his mind. He needed someone to tell him that she would eventually come around. At least thats what James had always told him since it had taken him years to win Lilly over, they were both hoping that Abigail would be the same way. But even Lilly and Remus knew that it wasnt that simple when it came to Abigail. Sirius had arrived that their usual compartment and found only Peter and Remus inside. Not the two he was hoping on being there.

Once he entered the compartment and shut the door, Remus looked up from his book and greeted Sirius who had just sat across from Remus by the window and stared out it. Remus nodded

"Another run-in with Miss Knight?"

"Howd you guess" Sirius asked sarcastically. Remus shook his head

"Because every year before we board the train, you approach Abby and try to be suave with her, then she shoots you down like a Death Eater"

"I just want to know what Im doing wrong. I mean, Ive tried everything i had and she still hates me. Ive tried all my material Moony, All of it!"

"Padfoot, have you noticed that Abigail isnt like most of the girls that fall head over heels for you? She has her own mind and shes very independent. Shes terribly smart and when she wants to be with a guy, she doesnt want to be his one night stand. Shes better than that" Remus explained to him. Sirius sighed as he held his head in his hands. He knew that Remus was right. In past years, the two had many classes together, Remus and Abigail. He had a lot of time to earn her trust and prove to her that he just wanted to be friends with her. Remus had admitted to Sirius many times that it wasnt easy gaining her trust and becoming her friend. He had said that it took months and months of work until she finally gave in and allowed him to get close to her. She had then explained to him why after a few more months of being friends but Remus never told Sirius about her insecurities.

Remus watched as Sirius laid his head back and closed his eyes

"That woman drives me bloody mad sometimes" Sirius whispered. Remus went back to his book smiling. He knew how much Sirius was starting to care for Abigail since he had yet to give up on her.

He had watched all the girls that Sirius would find. They all looked a lot like Abigail and he would always accidentally call them by Abigails name when he slept with them. Thus resulting in them slapping him and leaving him. Sirius had admitted that he would always see Abigail walking away even though he knew it wasnt her and it would still hurt. And he knew that none of them would ever be Abigail to him, no matter how much he wanted it to be.

~Abigail~

She had sat in a compartment with Severus Snape, just staring out the window. Severus had been reading his book the entire time she was lost in her thoughts. Sami had jumped from one seat to the next just to get both of them to play with her. Once Sami had pulled Abigail out of her thoughts she purred and rubbed up against Abigail before she jumped over to Severus

"She excessively playful today"

"That she is. It must be the train ride"

"She's usually laying in your lap sleeping"

"I know, but you know Sami, when she wants to play....you dont really have a choice in the matter" Abigail giggled as she taken a cat toy out of her robe pocket and started to play with her. Severus sighed as he looked down at his book

"I noticed Sirius Black came up to you yet again this year"

"Lets not bring that Dunderhead up" Abigail rolled her eyes. Severus couldnt help but snicker

"Another year of fun i suppose" he stated