Status: inactive for the time being

Take a Chance

I want the Truth

A few days had passed when Sirius was finally allowed to leave the Hospital Wing. He quickly got dressed and ran out heading towards the Library, where he knew Abigail would be. All he wanted to do was make sure that she was alright since he hadn’t seen her since he woke up.

Once he reached t he library, he walked in and looked around. He was starting to lose hope as he walked around trying to find her, until he came to the very back of the library. He smiled upon seeing her with her nose in a large book. Sirius slowly started walking towards her but she looked up causing him to stop. Her eyes looked blood shot, and she had tear stains on her cheeks. Sirius' shock mirrored hers as tears began to fill her eyes once more.

Abigail looked down quickly as she snapped the book shut and got up to leave. Sirius had watched as she left her book on the table, walking around the bookcase and towards the door. He shook his head and ran after her. He needed to know why she was crying and why she had started to cry when she saw him.

He ran out of the library and stopped to look through the crowds of students. He sighed as he started walking towards the Common Room

"Damn, if only I had asked before she decided to run off" he told himself. As he neared the stairs he heard voices

"Remus, please move" her voice came as a whisper. Sirius decided to listen in and watch, so he hid behind a statue.

Abigail refused to look up at Remus as he blocked her from going upstairs to their common room. Remus sighed

"Why are you crying?"

"I don’t know what you’re talking about?"

"Yes you do. You have tears cascading down your cheeks. I’m your friend, Abby"

"It's nothing, now can you please get out of the way?" she asked. Her voice never seemed to raise from a whisper. Remus sighed again and moved to let her pass

"You know it wasn’t your fault, what happened to him" he said now turning to her. Abigail stopped but didn’t make an effort to look at him

"He got hurt because of me. If I had just ignored his question then it wouldn’t have happened"

"It would have"

"How do you figure?"

"Because he loves you, Abby. Sirius would risk his life for you if the situation called for it"

"How do you know?" she asked. Remus smiled knowing she was getting curious

"Abby, why do you think he protected you that night? Or why he never leaves you alone? Constantly trying to impress only you." he asked. Abigail looked down at the step below her. She always wanted to know the answers to these questions but was also afraid to know them.

Remus walked up to her and stood in front of her

"It's because he truly cares about you"

Abigail shook her head closing her eyes tightly

"The other girls..." she trailed off

"Haven’t you noticed that they all look an awful lot like you? Sirius tries to get you off his mind by being with other girls but he always ends up calling them by your name which results into them leaving him there" Remus explained. Sirius smiled as his friend tried to get her to see how much he cared for her.

Abigail finally looked up at Remus as more tears fell from her eyes. He reached up and gently wiped them away. Sirius felt a prang of jealousy rush through him.

"I’m sorry Remus, but what James said was true. It was my fault. So I’m going to stay away from Sirius so that nothing else happens to him"

"So you do care for him?"

"If you tell anyone, Ill deny it" she threatened.

"Why not just tell him?"

"Because if anyone ever found out, then it would happen all over again..." She whispered looking down again. Remus seemed to go stiff remembering what had happened when her parents thought she was dating him. He shuttered. It wasn’t pretty and there wasn’t anything he could do to help her. It was bad enough they hit her in front of him.

Abigail nodded her head knowing that Remus had been thinking about what had happened before she looked back up at him

“You have to swear that I can trust you with this secret”

“Abby, he has a right to know”

“Yes, he does but in order to keep him safe he mustn’t know” She told him as she moved around him and walked up the stairs.

Remus turned and watched her go up to the common room * you have to trust me Abby, Having Sirius know just might save your life*. He thought before looking back at the statue

“You can come out now Sirius”

“How did you….?”

“Know you were back there? I could smell you from here. Remember, it’s almost a full moon” he stated before walking up to the common room. Sirius stood there slightly dazed over what he had just heard

“You have to act as if you didn’t hear what she admitted here tonight. She’s right. You’ll be in danger if you brag that the woman you are so in love with loves you back” Remus told him before saying the password.

Sirius knew that what Remus had said was more of a warning then anything. There was something that he wasn’t telling and Sirius wanted to know what it was. He knew that for some reason Abigail refused to ever date a guy and he had a feeling that Remus knew exactly why. He wasn’t sure what it was but he was sure that something had to of happened. He shook his head and walked into the common room to find only Abigail reading by the fire. He wanted to so badly go over to her and kiss her but knew that he had to listen to what Remus had said. So instead he acted as if he had no idea about the conversation earlier between her and Remus.

Sirius walked over to her and sat next to her on the love seat.

“Why did you run away earlier?”

“It was nothing”

“Then why run?”

“Because you wouldn’t understand, now if you’ll excuse me” she said as she closed her book and started to stand up. Sirius grabbed her wrist

“No this time. I want to know what’s going on. Why you won’t look me in the eyes and why you try to keep conversations with me short” he demanded. Abigail just shook her head as she tried to pull away but Sirius tightened his grip

“I’m not letting you go until you tell me”

“Why don’t you just give up and leave me alone?”

“Because I love you. Why don’t you get that? I try to make it very clear to you but you refuse to see it” He told her. He was starting to get frustrated with her as he stood up and pulled her closer to him.

“I want to know why you refuse to be with me. The real reason” He told her as his grip loosened up. Abigail looked up at him as tears well up in her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hanger.

Tell me how you like this chapter

Comment and Subscribe <3