Status: Active (Writing Chapters)

Know Your Rights

Prologue

Saturday 23rd March, 2010.

The sun shone in my face and I could feel it’s warm rays on my skin. This is where I belonged; or was it? My friend must have noticed the sad expression on my face because she immediately asked me,

“Hey, are you ok?”

I blinked a couple of times and looked back at her, “Would you believe me if I told you something?”

“Of course.” My friend, Claire, frowned.

“Even if it was outrageously bonkers and no one else would believe me if I told them?” I questioned her.

“I wouldn’t be a very good friend then, would I?” Claire asked me.

“No, no you wouldn’t.” I whispered to myself, trying to reassure the fact that this wouldn’t backfire on me. “Ok, I’ll tell you.”

Saturday 12th January, 2007.

It was a chilly day in London and people were going about on their daily business. A girl of the age of 15 was making her way towards school. Her name was Sheena and she had light brown hair that went to her waist. She wouldn’t call herself a girly girl, let’s say more of a tomboy. While the other girls around her were wearing skirts that were too far up and were basically showing their arse’s, Sheena and her friends, Claire and Ivy, wore trousers instead. Sometimes someone would yell “freak” to them but they couldn’t care less. They weren’t that popular at high school, but again, they didn’t care.

Sheena and her friend Ivy hadn’t made the best choice in foot wear; flat ballet pumps. Of all the shoes that Claire hated, flat ballet pumps were on the top of the list. She just didn’t get why her friends loved them so much. They hurt like hell when she tried to wear them. Claire sighed as she saw Ivy stumble and nearly fall yet again for the fifth time that morning, “Why didn’t you put some more sensible shoes on?”

“Well, mother.” Ivy emphasized, “We have to look good otherwise we won’t get picked for the dance.”

“I thought you two weren’t going to go?” Claire asked, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly.

“We weren’t, until we heard that Jason Matthews is going - alone.” Ivy told Claire, smirking.

Claire rolled her eyes. Sometimes she didn’t get why she was friends with people like Ivy. Jason Matthews was the “man whore” of the school and every girl wanted to date him. Every girl, that is, but not Claire. Not good old sensible Claire.
The wind had picked up and the two girls were finding it harder than ever to keep their balance. They were nearing an ice ring and there was no way around it but to go across. When both Sheena and Ivy saw what was in front of them their faces turned to panic.

“Let’s head back home; I’m definitely not going to try and walk across that.” Sheena said.

“I totally agree. Let’s go, Sheena.” Ivy said, grabbing the arm of her best friend and making the way back that they had just come.

The two girls hadn’t even taken a step forward when they felt a hand on both of their shoulders. “You two aren’t going anywhere.”

When they turned round they found Claire with a stern expression on her face.One thing that both Sheena and Ivy disliked about Claire was how much Claire would bug them to go to school. It was like Claire was their mother or something.

“You’re walking over their with me whether you like it or not.” Claire told the girls, firmly.

“But Claire.” Sheena and Ivy whined in unison.

“No buts, come on.” Claire urged them.

Sheena and Ivy gave up fighting and made their way with Claire over the ice ring. It was incredibly treacherous and for a moment Sheena and Ivy both thought that Claire had lost her mind but they didn’t say anything. They carried on, further on up the ice ring. A couple of times Sheena thought she was going to fall but she kept her balance.

It was at the end of the ice ring when the accident happened. Ivy had lost her balance and she was sliding all over the place. While Sheena was trying to keep her own balance at level Ivy made a grab for her wrist. This only made things worse. Half expecting to gain her balance, Ivy stumbled even more. As did Sheena. They stumbled and tripped over each other until they landed on the ground dramatically; as well as falling into blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy it! :D