Paranormal Trip

Chapter 1

“Welcome the Virginia State Penitentiary everyone,” Ryan said as his team wandered into the old lawyer’s room that had been set up as a meeting place. Claire was already in the room sipping some coffee and staring off to her right with a weird look on her face as the group came in. Katrina and Sergey took seats near each other while Heather plopped down next to Josh. Elphie took a seat near Claire who gave Elphie a smile as her attention snapped back to the people in the room. Chad had already arrived as well and was going through tapes.
“Can I just say that this place is really creepy?” Heather noted looking around the grey interior of the building. Ryan gave a short laugh as he handed everyone folders.
“It is one of the most haunted places on Earth, and it is one of the places that still haunts me.” Ryan said noticing Claire’s eyes shift towards him. He hadn’t told her that little tidbit and she seemed intrigued as she pulled the folder towards her and opened it up.
“Nine hundred and ninety eight deaths?” Claire said in slight shock as she put the folder over her shoulder a bit for the angels to read. Ryan simply nodded as he began to explain.
“Years ago I came to this place and what I experienced here haunts me. I don’t want to discuss what happened, but let’s just say that what happened has had a lasting impact on my life.” Ryan said knowing he was vague but knowing that he couldn’t tell them what he’d seen those six months ago. It was terrifying, and evil, and the place left a terrifying mark on him. A mark that even his girlfriend and angel seeing Chosen one Claire didn’t know about. They’d been dating when he’d first investigated the place and while she had noticed something change in him she’d also known better then to press the issue. Now though, he knew that he needed to conquer his fears.
“So we’re going to what?” Heather asked looking slightly nervous. The place gave off a very creepy vibe.
“I’m not going to lie, I wanted to investigate this place again. I know this place has activity and we need to investigate. But this is going to be different. We need to test the fear, yes you guys have had some serious investigations in the past, but this is going to really put that fear to the test. You’ll be isolated, so let’s get ready for the tour.” Ryan said standing up and pulling Claire up with him. Beneath the table he’d had her hand in his, a reminder that he was going to be okay.

The group walked through the halls heading towards their guide. It was an old warden who would be leading them around and Ryan could practically sense Claire getting tense as they walked closer to the warden.
“Hey, thanks for letting us come.” Ryan said looking back at his group, but more particularly Claire, who’s eyes seemed unfocused causing some slight concern for him as he turned back to the warden.
“It’s not a problem,” The man said in a gruff voice.
“I know I’ve already seen the prison, but would you mind showing the team around?” Ryan asked as the warden nodded.
“We’ll start with the left wing, it’s where all of the dangerous criminals went.” The warden said beginning to lead them. Ryan dropped back a bit to allow Sergey to lead as he moved towards Claire.
“What do you see?” He asked walking close to her and half listening as the warden told them some of the history.
“A lot of things. A lot of sad spirits, a lot of angry spirits, just a lot of spirits. A lot of memories.” Claire said, her eyes darting from place to place. Ryan frowned watching Claire, his mind whirling as he wondered if it really was a good idea that he bring her along.