Paranormal Trip

Chapter 11

Ryan felt like a weight had been lifted as he told the spirits off. Some part of him felt free, like whatever weight he’d been carrying was gone and replaced by a sense of relief. He headed back down the stairs, the light showing his way back to the tech room.
“Good to have you back. You okay?” Sergey asked helping him get the cameras off.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” Ryan said looking around the room. He wanted to talk to Claire, tell her what had happened but the brunette was nowhere to be seen. “Hey guys, where’s Claire?” Ryan asked making the group turn to look where Claire had been pacing the last time they’d turned around.
“I don’t-“ Sergey said looking at Josh.
“She’s was just there a minute ago pacing,” Josh said as Katarina started dialing Claire’s cell phone, the one thing she always had on her. It rang in the room and Heather lifted up a bag to reveal Claire’s phone laying there like it had been tossed before she took off.
“Claire!” Ryan said turning as soon as the camera’s were off him in search of his girlfriend. He didn’t care that it was dark and that he couldn’t see, but thankfully Eilfie did as she caught up to him and handed him a flashlight.
“Claire!” Katrina called in another hall, all of them splitting up into groups to find her.
“Where would she be going?” Heather asked Josh as they pointed their flashlights into different cells.
“I don’t know, she didn’t say anything.” Josh said shining the light into another cell but seeing nothing. Suddenly a thought occurred to him.
“Has anyone else noticed that this place seems rather quiet?” Josh asked on the radio.
“Yeah, there are no shadows, no movement,” Katrina radioed back looking at Sergey.
“Not a sound,” Eilfie said looking to Ryan who was shining the flashlight every which way. It wasn’t like Claire to run off without a purpose, and when all spirit activity went with her, it meant something big was going down somewhere.