Paranormal Trip

Chapter 2

I probably should of known from Peter’s expression the moment we first walked through the doors of the penitentiary that something bad was probably going to happen. Taylor’s response should of confirmed that, and Shade’s strengthened it, but for some reason, Ryan’s reassuring smile had me thinking it would all be okay, at least until the tour started.
“We’ll start with the left wing, it’s where all of the dangerous criminals went.” The guard said, continuing his explanation as I looked around. There was so much going on, that my head was starting to spin. In one cell I could see get someone getting stabbed, turning away I saw another man just glaring at me in his cell.
“What do you see?” I heard Ryan asked as I tried to tune out the warden’s history. It sounded dangerous, rapes, murders, suicides, and I knew that while a warning is good for what I was about to see, it wasn’t going to make it easier for me to watch happen.
“A lot of things. A lot of sad spirits, a lot of angry spirits, just a lot of spirits. A lot of memories.” I said simply, my eyes darting around half to take it all in and half to keep myself protected. Peter had his hand on the hilt of his sword and Taylor was rather close to Shade who actually had his sword out. I could hear jeers directed at Taylor and myself, likely because we were the two women who could hear what they were saying. I did my best to ignore them as we headed into the hole, Ryan moving ahead of me, while I stayed near the back with Heather. Ryan looked nervous, and I knew that at the end of the tour I was going to have to defend myself staying on the case, I always did.
“So what do you think?” Heather asked in a whisper as the guard talked about what the staff did to people. I simply shrugged as we kept moving.
“I don’t know, it’s probably the worst thing I’ve seen.” I admitted wishing that we could slow down on the tour. There was so much swirling around me, and I wanted to stop some of it from happening. But I knew that I couldn’t, not when I had to keep up with the group.
As we neared the psychiatric ward I froze at the feeling of someone behind him. I knew that it couldn’t be one of my angels, not when I saw Peter suddenly turning and raising his sword. “Easy now,” A rough voice said in my ear making me freeze. I swallowed, ignoring the sound of the woman talking with Ryan, and the guard talking. “I’m only here to talk,” The rough voice said as I focused my eyes on Peter. I didn’t like the feeling I was getting from the man behind me.
“Talk about what?” I said out loud making the group turn to stare at me.
“Claire?” Ryan asked in a concerned tone, one that had the man behind me chuckling.
“Seems the darling girl entered with a knight in shining armor,” The man said making me finally turn to face him. I had to swallow back my fear at what I saw. The man was covered in blood, and his eyes were dark as coal. Every instinct told me to run, but everything else told me to stay.
“First of all, this is the twenty first century, I don’t need a knight in shining armor, besides I save his butt half the time. Second, you wanted to talk, so talk.” I said trying to tune out the sound of what sounded like Heather laughing.
“Alright, I’m just going to say this then. Leave, now. This is my prison, I run it, I haunt it. I’m not going to be sent to some after life by a group of kids.” The man spat trying to move closer only to be headed off by Peter. “You’ve got twenty four hours to vacate or I take you out one by one, and I’ll save you and your beau for last.” I only crossed my arms making the man chuckle. “Real scary, now leave!” The man boomed causing the hair on the back of my neck stand up. But backing down never had been my style, however fainting always seemed to be, since the next thing I knew I was on the ground staring up at the ceiling wondering what the hell had just happened.