Paranormal Trip

Chapter 3

It terrified Ryan when Claire went down, especially since she had been talking to someone right before then. It always worried him when Claire took any sort of spill, but this scared him the most though.
“I’m fine,” were the first words out of his girlfriend’s mouth as he helped her up. “So don’t ask,” Claire said brushing herself off. Ryan raised an eyebrow at her, not sure if she was really fine or if she was just faking it. He guessed faking it based on the fact that she had been freaked out to begin with, had been talking to someone he couldn’t see, and then had fainted.
“You’ve said that before,” Ryan said and the gang immediately backed away. With Claire and Ryan having been a couple for so long, and with them being around the pair for most of it, they knew a fight when they saw one.
“So, what now you don’t believe me?” Claire asked crossing her arms and raising her own eyebrow. The gangs’ heads all immediately turned to look at Ryan.
“No, I didn’t say that. I just said that you’ve said you were fine before and that you always say that when you don’t want me to take you off a case.” Ryan said gently. He did not want to get into a fight. A long time ago he had learned that spirits feed off energy, especially negative energy.
“And you aren’t taking me off this case either okay?” Claire said, her eyes darting to the side a moment before looking back at him.
“Claire, you just fainted, at least let a doctor look at you.” Ryan pleaded knowing it would at least buy him a few hours, maybe even a night without her on the property. Yet he knew his pleas were in vain when Claire shook her head.
“No, I promise that I’m fine. I’ve seen worse, and dealt with worse. I’ll deal with this. I just didn’t like all the blood I saw. But I’m over it,” Claire said making Ryan a bit curious about what she had seen. He saw no blood, just grey metallic walls all around them and darkness falling outside.
“Okay, fine. But if you faint again,” Ryan began watching as Claire rolled her eyes and waved a hand.
“You’ll drag me to the doctor, take me off the case, send me home, yeah yeah, I’ve heard it all before Ryan,” Claire said making Ryan just sigh. Another battle fought and another battle lost to Claire’s stubborn streak.
“Okay, I have to go get some equipment ready. You guys go hang in the conference area. I’ll tell you where you’ll be isolated later.” Ryan said leaving with Chad for the equipment. The gang all immediately looked at Claire.
“So what did you see?” Heather asked knowing the rest of the group was dying to know what the girl had seen. She always seemed to see the most interesting things, and with a place this creepy, it had to be scary.
“A guy covered in blood making threats.” Claire said running a hand through her dark hair. “But hey, what else is new?” She said trying to make a joke as the group trekked towards the conference area again. The normal bantering mood was gone and replaced by a solemn one as they each processed the idea of being alone in a place where fear seemed to rule.