Paranormal Trip

Chapter 5

Ryan watched the next morning as they went over the evidence. Sergey’s evidence seemed the most convincing, lots of bangings but it seemed that was normal with this place. As they cued up Heather’s footage Ryan looked over to Claire. She was sitting and sipping some coffee while watching the footage from the table. He could see her eyes flicking away from the screen though, and he doubted what they saw interested her at all. Banging and knocks probably weren’t all that interesting when you couldn’t see what was causing the noises.
Ryan turned his attention back to the screens and put a pair of headphones on to better listen to the footage Heather had taken. He could hear a lot of noise, some that sounded like someone was banging on a pipe and some that he didn’t know how to describe. He only nodded his head, letting them know that he heard something. He lowered the headphones to listen as Katrina explained how it sounded like hammering and how it had run till about seven am, and yet no one had come in until ten.
“We have surveillance of the entrance don’t we?” Ryan asked as Josh looked at him.
“I don’t remember anyone coming in until like eight am,” Josh said as Claire suddenly pushed her chair back. Ryan turned in time to see her disappearing down a corridor and frowned as he left the team to follow her.
“Claire,” Ryan said catching up to her, having to jog to do so. She turned to face him and he noticed the small smile on her face. “You’re fine aren’t you?” He asked as Claire just laughed.
“Yeah, but the whole looking at cameras and seeing nothing was getting boring. So I was going to go outside and walk the grounds a little. Get some fresh air.” Claire said holding out a hand. “You want to join me or do you have something you need to do?” Ryan looked at her outstretched hand and checked the time before twining their fingers together. “Awesome, now I don’t have to go alone.”

A few hours later the pair resurfaced inside, Ryan calling the group for a meeting. He let go of Claire’s hand as he took his spot at the head of the group.
“So Polly Gear is going to come by, and Polly Gear probably one of the most famous pieces of evidence that has ever come out of Virginia’s State Penitentiary. She has a photograph of what people have dubbed the Shadow Man, now a very well known paranormal team came here and they essentially debunked the photograph. It’s just an opinion, so we need to go and we need to analyze this photograph, and I think that we need to take it way further than anyone else has ever taken it before. “ Ryan explained watching as Claire raised a hand. “Yes Claire,”
“What do you mean by take it further than anyone else has before?” Claire asked, an amused expression on her face.
“You’ll see,” Ryan said simply knowing that if he kept playing along then he’d play right into whatever joke had in her head. He knew his girlfriend well enough to read her looks, and the look she currently had on her face was dangerous to the seriousness he wanted. But that was why he loved her, because she always knew how to make him laugh when all he wanted to do was keep burying himself deeper into the seriousness of life.
“So you’re going to go interview her?” Katrina asked causing Ryan to turn his attention to her. “Josh, Sergey, and I are going to. You girls are going to go over the footage from last night some more.” Claire made a face, but he knew she wasn’t going to argue, not when the option of looking at a photo graph of a shadow didn’t appeal to her much either. “Let me know if you find anything else.” Ryan said before heading towards where he was going to meet Polly and debating how he was supposed to tell the team what had happened to him. He didn’t like to think that he got shaken easily, so the idea of telling his team, especially Claire, was a bit unnerving. Yet looking at the watch tower as he headed towards where he was meeting Polly still caused a cold chill to run through him.